New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  15:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like TC has put together another large field of teams for this weekends Back to School Brawl. Who do you think will come out on top? Looks like the Chili Dogs got the toughest draw. If they make it though to the top brack unscathed we will know they are one of the elite 10U teams.

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  00:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Kennesaw Express will win the tournament. I think whoever can win this one will be the #3 team in the state, considerng Bandits and Stixx are not there.
Go to Top of Page

Rocky

290 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  07:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those ECB Scorpians must be living right. They have gotten the best pool play draws of almost every tournament they have played in. My head tells me to go with Kennesaw, 6-4-3, Sandtown, and the Grip. I think the West Ga Bandits are alittle over hyped at this point. I take the Grip over them in pool. Scorpians should make it to the Gold Bracket with their pool draws but probably dont go far in the bracket. Sandtown and Kennesaw get screwed having to play in pool play. I wish the pool seeding was a little better, but it should be a fun tournament to watch. I hate the parks are so spread out though. Where is Bell Park?

Edited by - Rocky on 04/15/2009 08:35:11
Go to Top of Page

Peanutsr

171 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  11:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry Bell Park is beside the Cobb Civic Center.
Go to Top of Page

coolbreeze

16 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  12:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The top 4 teams will be the W G Bandits, 643, Kennesaw Express, and the Scorpions. The winner will be The SCORPIONS
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  13:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scorpions are a strong team but with this many teams playing I don't think they have enough pitchers to win out even with their nice pool draw. My pick is Kennesaw.
Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  13:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the top four teams in the tournament are Kennesaw, 643,Sandtown, and Grip. It depends on how they fall after pool but I think those four mentioned are the best
Go to Top of Page

Rocky

290 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All though I like the scorpians they are a tough gritty team, they can't get by Kennesaw, 6-4-3 or Sandtown.
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen all the 10U competition this season, but this tournament looks like it will be a nice one. With the Bandits out it could be anybodys tournament. All of these teams are pretty tough on the right day with their Ace pitching. Probably gonna come down to who has the deepest pitching staff. Kennesaw, 6-4-3, and Grip are pretty deep with pitchers.

Edited by - toprank on 04/15/2009 19:29:12
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The winner of this tourney are all the boys who get to play in it! How lucky are they to have parents, coaches, tourney officials, & umps, this committed to their enjoyment and development. That ATP venue is the coolest I've ever seen.

There was NOTHING like this when I was a kid. Do you ever stop, look around, and think...GEEEZ this is so cool? Brand new baseballs, real umpires, scoreboards that light up.

Make time this weekend to really take it all in.
Go to Top of Page

highcheese

71 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep the 643DP at the top of your list. Larry Bell Park is their home turf.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coobreeze: Papa thinks you have been out in the sun too long or sipping on something besides water. I like the W.G. Bandits but I don't know if they can hang with Sandtown or the Chili Dogs. Why is it so hard for everyone to give Sandtown their due. They are a very solid team that only needs some consistenty to become great. At times they play like pro's and then at times they don't but when they play the game right they are a joy to watch. What talent they possess. The Chili Dogs are like the Bandits in that they always seem to get the tough draws but if they win we will know that they earned it. 643 and Kennesaw will also be very dangerous in this one. The tournament the Bandits were going to play in did not make and we would be interested in purchasing anybody's slot that is not happy with their draw. (This is a serious offer but must let us know tonight or we go to Tennesssee to play.)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This pool play is really strange. The top half plays within their pool but the bottom half doesn't.

Of the top teams:
- 643 plays Chilidogs & Sharon Springs
- Sandtown plays Kennesaw & Chilidogs
- Kennesaw plays Sandtown & Midway
- Chilidogs play 643 & Sandtown
- Tigers play CBA & Venom
- Scorpions play Cherokee Reds & Sawnee Mtn.

Which of these is unlike the others?

BTW - where is the Championship game on Sunday? I might want to go watch.

Edited by - Hawkeye on 04/16/2009 09:04:05
Go to Top of Page

BREAMKING

323 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  17:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is perry parham baseball even around anymore. Do people still play game out of the old custer park off fairground st. I was just wondering.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  08:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping to catch the chili dogs/ sandtown game at larry bell tonight. May be one of the best early games to watch. Also looking forward to seeing it played on more of an old time field kind of like what we used to play on. As great as ATTP and ECobb field are there is something to be said for the good old ball field with lesson than perfect playing surface. I remember when I was a kid in a small town in MS you didn't even get to play on the field with the fence until you were 12. It was pretty cool; anything in the gap was an easy homer!
Go to Top of Page

Peanutsr

171 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  09:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey shut out, if you are going to Larry Bell tonight to catch the Sandtown game you may want to take a tent and sleeping bag.
That game is Friday.
643,Sharon Springs is the first game Friday. That should be a good game also.

Edited by - Peanutsr on 04/16/2009 11:01:57
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  09:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which Chili Dogs team is the better of the 2, red or black?
Go to Top of Page

beisbolpapa

11 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  10:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey papa,i am the mexican papa,we are playing in sparta tenn.is that where you are coming?if so look forward to seein you
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  11:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peanut; thanks for the heads up. I would have been x-x-x-x if i drove all that way and to not see a that game.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  15:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been at Larry Bell since 5:30 pm last night so I could get front row seats ahead of Shut Out. I'm glad he gave me the heads up. Park is in good shape and is ready for action.

Kennesaw, 643, Tigers, Grip in final 4

Still can't get over the Scorpions draw. TC has some splainin' to do.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  17:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beisbol papa: I can't wait to meet you. I want to find out if you are related to our head coach. It has been said that he has Mexican blood running through his veins. The umpires have also said that he can get hot and spicy like a little chili pepper and I do mean little. Most Coaches sit on the bucket and give signs to the catcher, Our Coach is so small that he has to stand on the bucket to get the signs in. We have never been afraid of losing our head coach but we don't want him to meet you and head to the South of the Border. Good luck to you and your beisbol team.
Go to Top of Page

jimmy123

14 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  22:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jimmy wants to know who won the 10U divison of back yard brawl.
how is #24 on ec scorpions?
Go to Top of Page

The One

35 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sandtown RedSox!!!! beat 643
Go to Top of Page

Frydaddy

80 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  10:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123

jimmy wants to know who won the 10U divison of back yard brawl.
how is #24 on ec scorpions?

Our TN boys really enjoyed the experience. We played and saw some good teams. Thanks for the hospitality!

http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen.asp?tournyid=3418&divisionid=80
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  11:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still don't know which Chili Dogs team is better, they both looked very good at times. Red? Black? I couldn't keep them apart. The the red has a very dominate pitcher that could compete with any team when he is on the mound. Sweet lefty swing also. Some good hitters on that team. Sandtown has some athletes that can fly and hit the ball hard. 6-4-3 had one pitcher-a batter or two away from throwing a perfect game and no hitter deep into bracket play. Great games this weekend. All the teams in the Top Bracket were very good.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  12:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa loves it when he is right and if you read the posts you will see who has been saying all along that Sandtown is the team to beat. I knew that they would put it all together at some point and this seems to have been that time. Congratulations Sandtown. BMoser: After my posts on the teams and the final four of this tournament I might break my own rule and start predicting. Nah!!!! I just know a good team when I see one and the top 4 have been mentioned in all of 10U posts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000