you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  09:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the ECB Longhorns have a website?
Go to Top of Page

lefty

10 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  22:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what 10U teams are planning to go to Cooperstown this year?
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  08:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who won the fall ball state tournament? Heard the Longhorns were doing pretty well this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  09:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they did not play in triple crowne tourney,they must have been playing football
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  09:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the website it looks like Stixx baseball out of Albany won the whole thing.
GA Grip took 2nd. ECB Scorpians and were next, but all the game scores looked pretty close, so I think that just substantiates what most have said earlier. All the 10U teams will be pretty even and competitive.
Brackets below
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/uploads/3072_8975_%5E10U_FALL_CLASSIC_(9_TEAMS).pdf
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  10:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Triple Crown Fall State Tournament isn't until Oct 24th-26th.
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  10:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
georgia grip finished 4th ,columbus cyclones were 2nd
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  15:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected. read bracket wrong Stixx won, Columbus 2nd, Scorpians and Grip 3rd and 4th? How is 3rd and 4th place determined?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  20:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earlier in this string, 1 blogger said he's never seen any 10U pitchers could throw 64 mph. Another said if a kid could throw that hard, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Another said he hasn't seen any 10U's hitting 250'+ homers. Now you have.

Kudos to the Stixx for hitting that kind of heat. However, if you read my prior blogs you'll see where I predicted there would be "sleepers" from South Georgia. Albany and Columbus finished 1-2.

The Grip formed a few weeks ago. 1/2 their roster is filled. The rest are families filling in week-to-week to support their cause. Its a work-in-progress, but one that's got growing community support.

Yes, Gwinnett parks are public parks, but no, you cant use the fields. Access is tightly controlled by the 26 Youth athletic associations.

Gwinnett planning/zoning will not approve Cobb-like private facilities. Plus, commercial land is $200k/acre. The numbers don't work. Teams do practice on grass fields. During football, the baseball fields are off limits to baseball...its become that crowded.

Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  10:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did someone hit a 250+ foot homerun this weekend? I would like to see that.
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  14:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think from what i am hearing ,some of the longhorns played with other teams,i wonder what that is gonna do to their team?
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  14:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
743 you didnt miss anything there were no 250ft shots and not any 64 mph pitching either.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  16:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 743

Did someone hit a 250+ foot homerun this weekend? I would like to see that.

Yep. Ask around, I'm sure you'll find someone who saw it. 2nd one I've seen him hit. I saw the 2 guys in the scorers tower dive for their cell phones, so I thought most of Cobb would know by now. I've seen 12u boys hit it like that, but never a 10u. We have some great players in Gwinnett, we just havent been able to get them together on one team...yet. If it happens, they'll have a tight grip on the top spot.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  09:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize that the parks in Gwinnett and All-Tournaments had put in the tape-measuring devices like they have at Major league parks. Do they publish these on the scoreboard?

Edited by - Hawkeye on 10/01/2008 22:06:57
Go to Top of Page

stallion

28 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  09:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BBall123, you got to be kidding. The best 2 teams in that tournament were the grip and Stixx. That was the real championship game. Scorpions and Columbus were decent teams but the had very little pitching and hitting. Mill Creek is not Mill Creek of old. They were not a very good team. The scorpions will not be able to play with the good teams in this area. And come on that tournament in henry county was awful. The Jaguars were in the championship game and they are just awful. I am gone to come down to that state championship. There are good teams in that event. Kennesaw and 643, now we will get to see what the scorpions are about.

Edited by - stallion on 10/01/2008 22:06:57
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  10:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bmoser and jc1964,we are very proud of that kid ,just hope yall dont give him the big head
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  12:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jc1964 I would love to see the homerun. Post it on youtube or something, that would be awesome. What team and what field was it hit at? 9U going 250 sounds amazing. I saw some long 9U homeruns but none that were over 250.
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any one heard anything on the former Astros? Are they essentially the same team as last year? They have been very little comments on what they will be like this year.
Go to Top of Page

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with bmoser , this dad coaching thing is malarchy,look at the top teams in the area the last couple of years Rebels,Yard dogs , Kenn , Bandits ,astros, etc. all coached by dads.! I think the difference is constantly playing with and against the top talent in the south east , you develop your skills as a player or coach or you get phased out over time.When you play for the east Cobb's or kenn's you always get your opponents best pitching and best effort and that trial by fire just makes you better,coaches and players. allot of these other teams make there rep's against lesser competition and then cannot compete coaching or player wise with these programs. even if they have the talent it has not been sharpened in the fire.And with all due respect to the coaching for 6-4-3 I dont think they have ever beaten the dads coaching for the rebels or the express.
quote:
Originally posted by you are out

At 10U it certainly helps to have talent but what you do with that talent will show us which teams will rise to the top. From what I can tell from this stand point you have 6-4-3 with Pralgo who will get the most out of every kid on his team. Then you have most of the other coaches or should I say dads several steps behind talent or not.

Edited by - BBall123 on 10/03/2008 09:04:12
Go to Top of Page

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
743 what age do we need to start testing for steroids?is it at 9?
Go to Top of Page

skinner

8 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  12:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A kid from the Duluth wildcats 10U jacked a homerun that could have been measured 300+ in the Triple Crown tournament at Adcock Park in Holly Springs this past weekend. I was umpiring that game and was astounded as to how far he had hit it.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  16:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gdad

bmoser and jc1964,we are very proud of that kid ,just hope yall dont give him the big head

We'll be careful, but he's really not like that. It's just that we haven't seen a 10U Gwinnett player hit it like this since Francouer and McCann. Sure is fun to watch. Our opposing Coaches are reluctant to pitch around him because everybody wants to see him crush it. After all, its just Fall.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  17:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBall123

You are right 743,the Stixx team won the tourny and looked pretty good. They were comprised of players from a few different teams including a couple of players from the Panama City Bay Bombers from last years 9/u grand slam champs.

The Columbus Cyclones are a very good team.In fact in in my mind the real championship game was played in the semi final between the EC Scorpions and Columbus.It was a great game that Columbus came back and won in the bottom of the 6th 5-4.

Columbus had to use all there pitching in that game to stay in it and win, also the Scorpions pitcher (who was lights out) ran out of innings in the 5th inning with a 4-1 lead,this was one of the best played games I have seen, I feel that Columbus would have beaten the stixx had they not gone to the wire with EC.

A previous post said the scorpions would be a 500% team and had no hitting or pitching? that was not the team I watched beat Mill Creek 15-1 (they quit running and stealing bases in the 4th to show mercy) and take Columbus to the wire on Sunday.

Columbus is a very good team and reminds me allot of the bandits in that they are very solid defensivly,fast and with good pitching that goes about 5 deep, their 2,3,and 4 hitters can really take it deep.

After watching that tournament and the one the scorpions won a couple of weeks ago in henry county,they may be that sleeper team you guys have been talking about.

Sure, Mill Creek bombed against the Scorpions, but did anyone notice who played the Stixx the toughest? Yep, Mill Creek 4-3. Not bad for an all-star team with boys from 1 park playing boys from all across Southern Georgia and Northern Florida. Hats off to Mill Creek for having the guts to compete, and for being able to hang with the best, if even just for 1 game. Same goes for all 4 of the Gwinnett all star teams that competed. Keep dreaming big, and working hard!
Go to Top of Page

bstand

56 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  13:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Mill Creek see the best pitching from the Stixx, or did they have someone in just to burn some innings? Makes a difference.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  21:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gdad

743 what age do we need to start testing for steroids?is it at 9?

We're gonna stuff Kryptonite in our catchers glove. That ought to slow him down.

Thanks for backing us up Blue. Hard to estimate the distance when its still rising as it goes over the fence, especially at night. I wanted to be conservative as to avoid being accused of telling fish stories.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000