General Discussion
 how to stop the big inning of errors and mistakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bkball

173 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  11:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
watching a high school game this staurday. Pitcher walks the first batter next pitch goes to SS he fileds throws over the first basemen. Next batter gets a clean hit up the middle, Clen up hitter strikes out and was the only one who didnt get on. Error at 2B, 3B, with a few hits mixed in, one more walk. Opposing team scores 6 runs int the first and only 2 more the rest of the game. They win 8 to 4. Any coaches out ther have any methods to stop the insanity.

biged

198 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  12:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
call time out. go out to the field call the whole infield in and rip them a new one.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  12:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Repeat after me: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition. If you have made a high school team then your skill level should at least be fair to middling and with fair to middling you should be able to teach some fundamentals and mechanics that would reduce this comedy of errors but I am assuming you have not seen the humor yet.
Go to Top of Page

oldmanmj

191 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  22:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, was this Varsity or JV? If it was JV, I can feel your pain. Most JV teams don't get alot of field time because of Varsity, so the team is only as good as the players that make the team. I am now saying this tongue in cheek: If it is Varsity players, cut them all and move the JV players up because most parents on the team think there kids are better than the ones playing in front of them.......Really, as mentioned earlier, practice practice practice. Sadly many coaches don't put the time in.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000