New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  18:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I should have said in USSSA play. You may be correct, so please advise. West Pine Cobras beat both teams in USSSA play this Fall, and are my team to be watched for 2010.

I cant wait to see how the 5 Florida powerhouses stack up versus all the rest this season.

quote:
Originally posted by 10 BB

moser; the answer to your question is Team USA Boltz

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  19:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nole27: I am surprised that you could get anybody in Ga USSSA to even talk to you at all. Until Bubba came along I thought they were running the program with a hidden icon. I think Bubba will let us know what the reasoning is behind the questions we have asked.

We cannot skip the Super NIT in Atlanta if the tough teams are truly coming but Coach Troy has asked that they provide better fields, policemen to direct traffic and shorter urinals so he can wee wee. He can't reach the adult urinals.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 01/04/2010 22:24:12
Go to Top of Page

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  08:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Bill Team USA Boltz beat Pembroke Lake Bulldogs by runrule at the Triple Crown Fall Nationals at St Augustine but I guess you would have had to be there to know that since TC doesn't have a ranking system like USSSA!!!
Go to Top of Page

CJM

15 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  09:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bubba, appreciate the feedback and would like to point out a couple things. In your response there are several examples of why one SNIT provides more than 1 berth of why one area has more than one SNIT, due to location and nearby cities etc. Really? So Atlanta doesn't draw other teams from other locations and isn't but a couple hours away from larger metro areas that add to it's overall population which should also add to the population used to determine berths and number of SNIT events? I know you are providing the explanation but come on, that doesn't sit very well. Being just a couple hours away from FL, AL, TN, SC - there needs to be some more examination to this.

Florida has 18.3 Million compared to Georgia’s 9.6 Million.
• Southern Louisiana is a small area but draws its teams from South Texas (Houston 5.7 Million) and the surrounding areas giving it an effective population of 9.1 Million.
• The Tennessee Super NIT is the corner (Tri-Cities Area) of TN and draws from Kentucky, Virginia & North Carolina with a total population of 11.3 Million.
Go to Top of Page

bball2008

100 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  09:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to GA USSSA's own website, last year's S-NIT drew 339 teams. I can't imagine that the other states' S-NIT's eclipse that number(if at all) by a wide enough margin to not justify more berths for GA.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  10:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bubba,
Thanks for your's and Matt's replies to these questions. I understand the population evaluations but I stand by my assertion that GA deserves one of 4 berths that FL gets. Especially since a lot of FL teams will come up to play here anyway. FL's population is 2x that of GA, not 4x. (I would argue that FL's population is heavy in retired people and snowbirds and is a little skewed for assessment of baseball, but I digress....)

I hope we have provided some feedback that may help Matt in arguing GA's point in the next National meeting (which I understand does not come up until this time next yr.).

Thanks again for getting back with us. Hopefully we can all work together to make the situation better.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  10:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping the quad points were typical for all Super NIT's. I could not remember.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  16:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant wait to see the Cobras, Bulldogs, and USA Boltz. I've seen some of the MBA Pride players, and have seen the Bombers a few times. These are 5 great teams. For now, I can only place the Bandits, Sandtown, and 6-4-3C in this Elite class in Georgia, but I think 1 or 2 more will emerge in Georgia this year. Can't wait to see if Team GA can hang at this level. I think one of the East Cobb teams might get there this year too.

Are there any other teams in FLA capable of beating the 5 I mentioned? do the FLA teams care about USSSA rankings and points, and births like some here do?

quote:
Originally posted by 10 BB

Sorry Bill Team USA Boltz beat Pembroke Lake Bulldogs by runrule at the Triple Crown Fall Nationals at St Augustine but I guess you would have had to be there to know that since TC doesn't have a ranking system like USSSA!!!

Edited by - bmoser on 01/05/2010 21:38:17
Go to Top of Page

chiefknockahoma

14 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  21:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

Nole27: I am surprised that you could get anybody in Ga USSSA to even talk to you at all. Until Bubba came along I thought they were running the program with a hidden icon. I think Bubba will let us know what the reasoning is behind the questions we have asked.

We cannot skip the Super NIT in Atlanta if the tough teams are truly coming but Coach Troy has asked that they provide better fields, policemen to direct traffic and shorter urinals so he can wee wee. He can't reach the adult urinals.

I heard from Coach troy , thats he wants it moved because the bathrooms arent big enough for you to get in Papa , he said You have such a hard time getting in those porta jons.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  22:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chief: Before you get too carried away listening to Coach Troy you need to know that I heard him say that he has never seen an Indian that could hit at all much less a homer.
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, with the new year turning I am getting "very" busy answering the phone,returning emails and teams signing up for my on tournaments. By the way, is Elite Sporting Events at http://leaguelineup.com/elitesportingevents I may not check the site as much now but can always reach by cell or email.
Now, getting back to the Super Nit thing. I have said more than once that i agree with everyone about the berths/number of Super Nit's that Ga. has and i have expressed this to Matt. You guys ask me to get some answers/feed back and i did. Weather or not "we" agree with the reason's or the numbers it is what it is for now. Matt has listened and is "our" voice at these National Meeting's.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  11:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gausssa:
I'd rather have an answer I disagreed with than no answer at all, so thanks for that!
Go to Top of Page

longhorn1

63 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  17:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not need state population numbers! Why does it not matter more how many teams you have? Are there four times as many teams in other states considering geography?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  20:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's why:
If Florida has 1000 teams and USSSA wants 15% to be majors, then 150 teams will be deemed Majors.

If Georgia has 500 teams, then 75 will be majors.

The number of youth baseball players is largely driven by overall population. Florida has a high number of retirees, so that scews it to some degree I will agree. Climate also gives Georgia an edge in relation to Northern States with large populations.

Trust me, you dont want to ignore the numbers. If Georgia takes on Florida, California, or Texas in youth baseball on a grand scale, Georgia loses. Take a look at how many Major leaguers come from each State, then report back to us with your findings.

Case closed.

quote:
Originally posted by longhorn1

I do not need state population numbers! Why does it not matter more how many teams you have? Are there four times as many teams in other states considering geography?

Edited by - bmoser on 01/07/2010 21:47:28
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  21:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
moser, Are you taking into consideration that over 1/2 of Florida's population is over 95 years old and does not play youth baseball.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  07:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I did, but since travel ball wasn't around in the 1920's when they were kids, USSA made a special ruling to allow them to play beginning 2010 in any age group they desire to make it all up to them. No scooters, walkers, canes, or other mobility aids will be permitted. I've heard the glove repair business down there is booming, and some of the glove repairmen have been overcome with moth ball fumes.

quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

moser, Are you taking into consideration that over 1/2 of Florida's population is over 95 years old and does not play youth baseball.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000