New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

GAbaseballdad12

46 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  18:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on! $350 gone. Ridiculous. Night before one of the biggest tournaments of the year.

beckjeff04

33 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  22:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree! UTrip deflecting saying Demarini pulled the bat is BS. Utrip pushed the issue and Demarini is having to cover themselves legally.
Go to Top of Page

ofs13

48 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  22:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Only the 2 3/4 model is affected. 2 5/8 not included in the ban notice on USSSA SNIT website.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  23:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was only a matter of time before this happened. The bat has compression numbers way below the 1.15 BPF standard from USSSA. Looks like more concerned parents complained than expected and got their attention.

Ban all of them and just swing wood. No need to pay all that money for a bat. Can buy 3 to 5 Maple bats for $350.

Edited by - Punishers on 03/18/2017 09:36:04
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  07:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Demarini needs to eat this one and anyone having a bat with a legal sticker that got banned needs to get a full or at least pro-rated refund...........I would certainly let Demarini know that I would NEVER buy another bat from them if they dont own this!!

Personally we have used the XL1 from Easton for the -8 and now the -5.........its the right bat for my kid, BUT, if I bought one of those that got banned I'd be letting them know my DISsatisfaction for sure!!

As far as the tourny goes.........dont sweat it, grab another players bat and go hit with it. One thing I am 100% sure of is that your Kid will make no more a big deal out of this than YOU do............Trust me on this and dont make a big deal out of this with your kid having to use a different bat.
Adversity is part of life so make the BEST of this for the kids sake

Oh yea, find an XL1 and have him use it

Edited by - bfriendly on 03/18/2017 09:36:04
Go to Top of Page

ultimatesports10

135 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you expect anything less from UTRIP?????? Learned my lesson last year..... Don't play UTRIP!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  13:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TC and others will follow. It's UTRIP stamp on the bats that most if not all go by anyway. Just got word from a rep that the CF8's 2 3/4 are next to be banned. It's time for wood! If the kid can hit, he can hit. $350 for a youth bat is insane! Will not help the kid be a better -3 hitter anyway.

No refunds! Exchanges only!
Demarini was the one who pulled the bats, not UTRIP. Having constant returns and complaints was the cause. When you see a kid with bad swing mechanics barely tap the ball with a half swing and hit a 300ft bomb, something has to be up.

Enjoy the moment, but preserve the game.

Edited by - Punishers on 03/19/2017 17:09:38
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane

351 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is probably just a setup to go to a "NEW" BBCOR bat standard next year for all ages. I saw this when my son was 12 even before the USSSA Stamps. They got rid of a bunch of bats, then did nothing but add a stamp to bats that were already too hot for young kids. Balls going over 300 feet a 12 years old, I saw many of them. If they go to a bbcor bat it would put things into perspective. Even College baseball uses the old bats when they do a HR derby? 2 good things would come out of this #1 safety and 12 Year olds could play on 200-225 foot fields. I am not sure wood would be the answer as most kids hate playing with wood. Most wood bats under 33 inches stink in quality. They break alot too. Bottom line is probably a money maker when bbcor standards move to all age levels. Just my conspiracy theory.
Go to Top of Page

ABC_Baseball

90 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get why people are upset. You spend the money and you want to get your money's worth. I bought my kid a CF8 drop 8 last year after he went through 3 Easton bats so he needed something with a different design. There was some additional "pop" with the CF-8, but I had him move back to a drop 5 aluminum bat for this past fall. I'm just of the opinion that his production needs to be more "him" instead of bat. I've never wanted him to have a "false impression" of his swing/power. Just one person's opinion, but BBCOR tends to produce results more like wood from what I've heard.

I will say shame on Demarini if the bat is "questionable" in terms of the BPF. Last year it seemed like everyone that had a CF-8 sent it back at one point b/c it died. Performance wise the CF8 and CF Zen were in a different class compared to other bats.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  15:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane

I think this is probably just a setup to go to a "NEW" BBCOR bat standard next year for all ages. I saw this when my son was 12 even before the USSSA Stamps. They got rid of a bunch of bats, then did nothing but add a stamp to bats that were already too hot for young kids. Balls going over 300 feet a 12 years old, I saw many of them. If they go to a bbcor bat it would put things into perspective. Even College baseball uses the old bats when they do a HR derby? 2 good things would come out of this #1 safety and 12 Year olds could play on 200-225 foot fields. I am not sure wood would be the answer as most kids hate playing with wood. Most wood bats under 33 inches stink in quality. They break alot too. Bottom line is probably a money maker when bbcor standards move to all age levels. Just my conspiracy theory.

Things will surely change when the new bat standard kicks in for next year. Wood does stink, especially when it's has too much of a drop, but wood doesn't lie when the ball is hit. Love that sound when wood hits the ball. I still like the idea of using wood as an option for bats in tournaments instead of wasting money buying a new bat that is more $$$ and giving the same results. Plus, the splinters will toughen you up for sure.

Edited by - Punishers on 03/20/2017 15:18:34
Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Things will surely change when the new bat standard kicks in for next year. Wood does stink, especially when it's has too much of a drop, but wood doesn't lie when the ball is hit. Love that sound when wood hits the ball. I still like the idea of using wood as an option for bats in tournaments instead of wasting money buying a new bat that is more $$$ and giving the same results. Plus, the splinters will toughen you up for sure.

Has there been any update as to whether the usual tournament suspects (TC, USSSA, PG, etc), will adhere to the new bat standards? Last I heard they would not.........
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  22:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TC, Grand Slam, and Training Legends will follow. No word yet from PG.

Edited by - Punishers on 03/20/2017 23:05:12
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  06:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tc followed
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane

Yup, I remember that as well. These things do go in cycles don't they. Remember around 9u when the Easton Blue and white was banned due to it exploding on impact with the ball? Different standard, different manufacturer, Same Stuff Different Day.
Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  09:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

Can you please point me to where TC has announced that they'll follow it.....that's going to make a HUGE difference for many of us here in Georgia if we can't use bats without the new stamp (which won't come out until September) starting January 1, 2018.....thanks.....
Go to Top of Page

beckjeff04

33 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  09:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
USSSA, as of October 2016, has stated they will NOT be changing their bat standard of 1.15 in Jan. 2018. Of course they could always change this but it is noted on the national UTrip site.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  11:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TaxiMom

quote:

Can you please point me to where TC has announced that they'll follow it.....that's going to make a HUGE difference for many of us here in Georgia if we can't use bats without the new stamp (which won't come out until September) starting January 1, 2018.....thanks.....

I got this from the TC baseball director. Call or send an email, they are quick to respond.
Go to Top of Page

ofs13

48 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  12:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

https://www.triplecrownsports.com/Sports/Baseball/Elite-Invitational-Baseball-Georgia.aspx

Under Rules/Bat Rules

Effective March 20, 2017, the 2 3/4 DeMarini CF Zen-CBZ 17 Model (-10) may not be used in Triple Crown Sports Baseball events. Pending results of future tests, Triple Crown Sports may reconsider use of the bat and will post updates here for any change.

For information from DeMarini on how to proceed if you have one of these bats, click here: http://www.demarini.com/en-us/cbz17-update
Go to Top of Page

RUSemiPro

95 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  12:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Punishers stop with the fear mongering of throwing CF8's in the mix. One model of the zen is provisionally banned, may not even be a permanent ban depending on results. IF and that is a big IF the CF8's have the same issue, there is no way for USSSA or DeMarini to test them as they are pretty much out of circulation and majority have been phased out through attrition and breakage. No way they are going to waste their time on that nightmare. The Zen is still on the market and in production, CF8's you will be lucky if there are a couple hundred left at the end of the season, they just break and are a perishable item.

quote:

TC and others will follow. It's UTRIP stamp on the bats that most if not all go by anyway. Just got word from a rep that the CF8's 2 3/4 are next to be banned. It's time for wood! If the kid can hit, he can hit. $350 for a youth bat is insane! Will not help the kid be a better -3 hitter anyway.

Demarini was the one who pulled the bats, not UTRIP. Having constant returns and complaints was the cause. When you see a kid with bad swing mechanics barely tap the ball with a half swing and hit a 300ft bomb, something has to be up.

Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  12:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got this from the TC baseball director. Call or send an email, they are quick to respond.

So I did just email, and you're right -- quick response. Here's what they said:

As of right now, no official decision has been made by our corporate office on the new bat standards, but it does appear that we are leaning towards following it as well. While everyone enjoys the bat standards (BPF 1.15) that are currently being used, we definitely support changes that keeps the excitement in play, but also retains the integrity of the game intact. With the concerns with safety being an integral part of the youth baseball culture right now, from our perspective it looks like the best decision for everyone involved. But like I said, we aren't able to make any decisions without the consent of our corporate office.

An official announcement will be made in the coming months via our email system, as well as our main website at triplecrownsports.com.

Go to Top of Page

RUSemiPro

95 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  12:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to the TC Tournament site, on the left side there is where it says Rules, then Bat Rules, then towards the bottom you will see this statement:

Effective March 20, 2017, the 2 ¾ DeMarini CF Zen-CBZ 17 Model (-10) may not be used in Triple Crown Sports Baseball events. Pending results of future tests, Triple Crown Sports may reconsider use of the bat and will post updates here for any change.

For information from DeMarini on how to proceed if you have one of these bats, click here: http://www.demarini.com/en-us/cbz17-update

quote:

quote:

Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  13:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seems to be two different discussions here.

1. A demarini bat supposedly turned out not to have actually passed the current regulations. USSSA has banned that bat and the others are likely to follow.

2. A new bat regulation coming....it isn't here yet.....this thread and who is following who was strictly about the Demarini bat.
Go to Top of Page

5 necklaces 4 armbands

40 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  16:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunately we went all in with this bat and don't have anything else right now, any recommendations for another -10?
Go to Top of Page

RUSemiPro

95 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  20:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easton S3, you can get last years model for 109. Very similar to CF Zen with balance. It will dent, but Easton is good with replacements within one year.

We will likely turn in our Zen 2 3/4 and get a Zen 2 5/8 as a replacement.

Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is, yes the Zen is a little hotter than the other bats, but not to the extreme people are claiming. A good hitter can hit with anything.

quote:
Originally posted by 5 necklaces 4 armbands

unfortunately we went all in with this bat and don't have anything else right now, any recommendations for another -10?

Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  20:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 5 necklaces 4 armbands

Looks like DeMarini is giving $350 vouchers for owners of these bats for any DeMarini or Wilson products:

http://www.demarini.com/en-us/cbz17-update

That link also has an FAQ on the bottom which includes recommended replacement bats.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  21:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RUSemiPro

Punishers stop with the fear mongering of throwing CF8's in the mix. One model of the zen is provisionally banned, may not even be a permanent ban depending on results. IF and that is a big IF the CF8's have the same issue, there is no way for USSSA or DeMarini to test them as they are pretty much out of circulation and majority have been phased out through attrition and breakage. No way they are going to waste their time on that nightmare. The Zen is still on the market and in production, CF8's you will be lucky if there are a couple hundred left at the end of the season, they just break and are a perishable item.

quote:

No fear mongering. I'm a Demarini dealer. I have compression numbers of all their bats and know they will ban the CF8. The Zen is nothing but the 8 with different colors. Same exact bat. I've cut both open to prove so.

But what they hell do I know? I only have 3 engineering degrees.

Edited by - Punishers on 03/21/2017 21:27:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000