Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  15:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Titan1,
Yes, your Roster should be frozen now based on the rules. You can release as many as you want to but can only pick up 3.

I would check with Bubba Smith at USSSA to be sure, though.

This is the drawback to playing in the fall Super NIT's.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  18:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gausssa,
Be careful about using the word "always". "Open" States...I am in error, there is an open World Series...Senior moment on my part. I'm just glad to have some ussaa officials entering our dialogue. We want usssa to right its ship and succeed. Great concept, execution needs work.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  18:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not the way I understand it. Anything goes until 2010. I would be sure to delete/release any players who will not be with you moving forward. Its kind of the wild wild West until April 1st 2010. I'd say March 15th, you had better review your roster, and clean it up.

quote:
Originally posted by Titan1

We won a fall Super NIT AAA, is my roster froze? I was told by the tournament director that it is not froze. We had submit an online roster.

Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  23:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked with Matt Trebuchon, he said only major rosters where froze at the super nit.

quote:
Originally posted by Alter-Ego

Titan1,
Yes, your Roster should be frozen now based on the rules. You can release as many as you want to but can only pick up 3.

I would check with Bubba Smith at USSSA to be sure, though.

This is the drawback to playing in the fall Super NIT's.

Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  18:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bmoser,
One thing to add to your "Frozen" roster discussion: a player on a frozen roster CAN be released from that roster and added to another team's roster. He just can't return to any roster he is release from. Once a roster is Frozen, the team can release as many of the players they want, but can only add 3 players.

My advice to teams playing USSSA tournaments; once you get your game schedule, check the "Active" roster for the teams you are playing and print them out. Carry the copies with you to the tournament and compare that to the line-up the other team gives you.
Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  23:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
USSSA needs to add the dates to the coaches page to show when a players was froze on a team. Only tournament directors can assess this information
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  16:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alter-Ego:
Correct. I didn't bring that up because its not the getting released part that gets folks into trouble, its the adds. Great advice on printing out the current rosters (there's a "current" tab at the top of each teams roster. The first screen that pops open is NOT their current roster, its every boy who's come, stayed, and left.

Titan1: I have no doubt "a team who will remain nameless" got hosed out of a State Championship. Returning protest cash, then not enforcing the rules. Scooby Doo shakes his head and says "huuh?"

Its easy to determine the date a player became frozen, but its impossible to tell which roster he was on April 1st (unless he played a tourney the weekend before AND the weekend after April 1st). That is the elusive piece of data that must be made visible for all to see and print out to take to tourneys.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  19:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Titan. As a parent, I would like to see my own kid's info to ensure it is correct. I don't want to find out after the fact.
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  19:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a National Office "I.T." issue. However, i'm going to the National Meeting this week in California. I will inquire about that. Hey, never hurts to ask right?
Go to Top of Page

kingofthehill

40 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  15:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are in it for the money. It's a business. Their roster policy has more loop holes than the IRS tax codes. What I am reading here is the same stuff that goes on in Ohio. They act like they are the only game in town. Director doesn't return calls and they cater to certain teams.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000