New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gdad

40 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  13:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to congradulate Baseballpapa with over 470 posts on here.I have read and enjoy every one of them.If you have never met Papa find time to say hello and tell him thanks for everything he does.Papa is an Icon for youth baseball.This man is a legend and I mean a LEGEND.You will see him at any ballpark usually back and forth between fields scouting usually wearing red under armour sweatshirt.I have witnessed kids running up to him calling Mr.Papa and he always has a kind word to them and usually gives them a quarter or something and then gives them encouraging words.Keep the posts coming Mr papa.I met papa up at cummins in March and he stills remembers me when I see him..A real baseball legend

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  15:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gdad, I agree with you. Papa is one of the coolest people I have ever met. His enthusiasm and energy level is only exceeded by the Bandit players themselves. He is also generous, gracious and one of the funniest people I know. One thing I was surprised to find out about him is that he has some serious game on the basketball court !! He plays kind of dirty but we just figured he forgets the rules (conveniently I think).
Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  15:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I must agree,A living legend indeed...
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  20:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JC1964:
I agree, he boxed me out at the concession stand last year w/o even throwing an elbow. Sizing him up as a ketchup guy, I grabbed the ketchup while he was ordering, so he was stuck standing there looking around for the red stuff. After I got my dogs, I introduced myself and slid the ketchup back onto the condiment table. I don't think he caught on...or, he was just being too polite to punch me w/ all the kids around. Not sure which. I counted my blessings and moved to a neutral corner. He was cordial..but suspicious.

quote:
Originally posted by jc1964

Gdad, I agree with you. Papa is one of the coolest people I have ever met. His enthusiasm and energy level is only exceeded by the Bandit players themselves. He is also generous, gracious and one of the funniest people I know. One thing I was surprised to find out about him is that he has some serious game on the basketball court !! He plays kind of dirty but we just figured he forgets the rules (conveniently I think).

Go to Top of Page

jimmy123

14 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  20:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jimmy wants to congratulate baseball papa on 470 posts. Jimmy thinks papa is a pretty cool dude and Jimmy thinks papa knows so much about baseball that he should open his own baseball academy. Jimmy thinks papa should call it BPA (baseball papa academy) Jimmy knows papa is a great man and Jimmy knows all the baseball players love him.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  21:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's funny jimmy123 !!
Go to Top of Page

mdphwp

25 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  21:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to say Papa is alright,I had the opportunity to meet him a couple of years ago then coached with him during allstars.HE Knows baseball and is a good guy,but please lets dont keep giving him the big head or he want be able to get his head in the van to get to the ballfield LOL..
Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  14:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
baseballpapa, are you guys still looking into playing little league?
Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  15:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH that would be great if Papa would coach Little League.He would be a great coach to teach children.
Go to Top of Page

tombstone

30 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  09:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently heard that Baseballpapa and coach TRoy are father /son.Is this true?I see where Coach Troy would get his wits then?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  11:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't going to comment on this post but I do want to clarify that I have 2 red underarmour shirts and do not wear the same one every day and I demand a DNA test if the rumor about Coach Troy being my son is even slightly believed on this forum.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 10/12/2009 11:50:35
Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  12:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet lil Troy and Papa have some great memories.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  08:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kinda like dr evil and mini-me
Go to Top of Page

zohan

4 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  21:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tombstone

I recently heard that Baseballpapa and coach TRoy are father /son.Is this true?I see where Coach Troy would get his wits then?

Now that you mention it, the resemblance is uncanny!
Go to Top of Page

kingofthehill

40 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  17:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeap, I love me some baseballpapa. I have missed you Papa. I hope all is well. I was hoping to get your thoughts on my family moving down south. My pop in law says the boy needs to be playing year round. I am thinking of selling the florist and moving to Florida. What do you think?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  22:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that I am having a nightmare and can't wake up. I must admit that I have missed you king and wish you well in your move south. We have so many transplanted yankees down here that one more, even you shouldn't make any difference. I would just say that you should be careful as you come through the mountains and watch for any banjo players on the porches.

No need to bring your boy's birth certificate because if we play the way you say you can pick a age group that he will be the stud and enter him there.
Go to Top of Page

kingofthehill

40 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  12:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
?Yes the wife and I are considering moving down south. I have a very nice offer on the florist and the wifes dad says my boy should play year round. Give up karate and soccer. Just focus on baseball. I don't know if you know it or not but we are having another boy.
Anyway, does it make sense to give up all other sports and just concentrate on one sport at 11u? He has really gotten into playing shape. That diet w/o cheetoes, waffles, and such has really helped.
I still say we should have a real Border Wars tourney along the Mason line. Complete with great teams from the north and south. Get some cannons, Civil War uniforms, coon skin caps for the kids. We could do a reinactment before the tourney. I know you folks from the South love that kind of stuff. It would be a real North vs. South kind of thing. Are there decent ballfields close to where you live Papa?
Go to Top of Page

coachvega

9 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  15:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola coach vega here,I am sorry I missed you baseballpapa,they told me that I left right before you got there,all my parents said you was a nice man,but i dont think the uniforms will fit .Gracias Coachvega
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  18:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys,

The word is out that Coach Vega, and Manuel are one and the same and has pulled the wool over all of our eyes. I just hope that some deserving team doesn't lose out on Mr. Moser's kind offer because of this prank.

The word is that Coach Vega and Manuel are really a parent that played for one of the East Cobb teams last year and now plays for the Chili Dogs.

I don't now this for sure but this is what I have been told by what I consider a not so reliable source.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  23:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
king: One of the largest Civil War battlefields in the United States in located in Chickamauga, Georgia (home of the Georgia Bandits) and has several hundred cannon already on site and all we would need to furnish would be the powder and cannon balls to begin the battle. Just remember that before you start this battle that we hurl the cannon balls even better than the baseball.

We have better ball fields than Rockwood at both Jack Maddox and even better at Heritage Park in Dalton, Georgia. Both of these complexes make Rockwood look bad with Heritage being a premier facility to host a tournament.

Papa has enough pull to get you and your son a tryout with the Bandits with the idea being that if you can't beat em "Join Em". Again do not stop and ask directions from anybody carrying a banjo.

Seriously though I would love to see the Battle of the South moved from Rockwood to this area as Rockwood is not only in the middle of nowhere with the fields being way sub par for this type field of teams.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 10/21/2009 09:05:39
Go to Top of Page

mdphwp

25 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  09:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hold on Papa,Dont get me in this now,I hardly ever get on here now,I dont think you need to be listening to your {not so reliable source}as for Information to post.See you at the Garden Inn Saturday Night.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  10:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

king: One of the largest Civil War battlefields in the United States in located in Chickamauga, Georgia (home of the Georgia Bandits) and has several hundred cannon already on site and all we would need to furnish would be the powder and cannon balls to begin the battle. Just remember that before you start this battle that we hurl the cannon balls even better than the baseball.

We have better ball fields than Rockwood at both Jack Maddox and even better at Heritage Park in Dalton, Georgia. Both of these complexes make Rockwood look bad with Heritage being a premier facility to host a tournament.

Papa has enough pull to get you and your son a tryout with the Bandits with the idea being that if you can't beat em "Join Em". Again do not stop and ask directions from anybody carrying a banjo.

Seriously though I would love to see the Battle of the South moved from Rockwood to this area as Rockwood is not only in the middle of nowhere with the fields being way sub par for this type field of teams.

Rockwood middle of nowhere....Maybe, but you can say that Chickamauga is pretty close to the middle of nowhere so maybe these places are one in the same.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can throw a rock from Chickamauga to the great metropolis of Chattanooga Tennessee if you have got the arm that Papa used to have. If you throw a rock in Rockwood the only thing you would hit would be another rock. Chickamauga is not big but it is very centrally located. They chose to have one of the largest battles of the Civl War due to its convenient location.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  12:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shutout: Papa might add that he loves the tournament in Rockwood, Tennessee and that the director does a great job with what he has to work with but I could not begin to imagine what better fields and nicer surroundings would add to the tournaments already huge success.
Go to Top of Page

kingofthehill

40 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  16:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to excuse me as I am not too familar with Chickenmauga. I currently reside in Cincinnati. However, I feel very sure that there are plenty of yard cars and folks with summer teeth. I have been told that there is a very nice resthome that Papa resides at(At Heavens Gate Resthome) in that area. If I move down that way(I have a very nice offer on the florist from a Funeral home GF) I would love to stop and feed Papa jello, talk baseball, and talk about the old days when he and Three Finger Brown and Pete Gray were playing ball by the train tracks. That would be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  21:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
king: You never replied to my offer of giving you a tryout with the Bandits. We could use a good mouthpiece and I am sure the guys are going to find out that you fit this bill with what I consider the best baseball mouth around.

The rest home has hired a homeland security agent as our security and I would be surprised if you could get in but please give it a try as they have me on a jello suspension for yelling and cussing at the TV when the Yankees won the other night. It doesn't seem right that the Yankees should win but I am adjusting better now.

I have decided that I might as well come back to the Florida site since you promised not to hack on my Bandits and since I have to listen to you here anyway. First thing I am going to do on the Florida site is a poll asking how many posts you had to make to get 7 posted on this site.

I bet you have been writing non-stop to get up this many posts. Someone congratulated me on 500 posts on this site and I responded that I would have over a 1000 if they had only made it past the editor.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 10/22/2009 09:18:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000