New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  10:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One night a father overheard his son pray:"Dear God, make me the kind of man my Daddy is." Later that night, the father prayed, Dear God, make me the kind of man my sons want me to be.
Go to Top of Page

highcheese

71 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  13:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great point coach Mark - I am sure you have heard all the junk that is said by over zealous parents and ingnorant onlookers. It just amazes me the viciousness that can come out of peoples mouth about the poeple, the umps, the parks, the coaches, the little guys, and heck even the wrinkled hot dogs. Unbelievable. I love to analyze a game, a coaches move, an umps call, field conditions etc, great part of having fun, getting into the game, strategizing, etc... Thats part of baseball. But to take it to the level some people do with claws and knifes out attacking everything they come into contact with is terrible. the hard part is determining the fact from fiction sometimes. Maybe if we take a step back and remember why we are at the park and involved in the game then we can choose not to further the viciousness, participate in deplorable behavior and make the experience better for all. To BBALL123 point - how about us adults show the proper way and lead by example, Awesome post 123
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  10:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBall123

One night a father overheard his son pray:"Dear God, make me the kind of man my Daddy is." Later that night, the father prayed, Dear God, make me the kind of man my sons want me to be.

AWESOME BBALL123 THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE

Y'all : just forget the jerks who run trick plays at 10 , 12 , 14 whatever.

it doesnt matter you already know they have no character so why let it get you down !

Did someone in here really say they almost "got physical" about it? Thats twice worse than the play itself !

Its one game of hundreds your son or relative may play and
guess what , they dont care like the adults do !

Peace.
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane

351 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  11:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny thing is we make a big deal about 9 and 10 and 11U baseball and most of them wont even remember these games or even their teammates when they get older, what they will probably remember is every girl they ever had a crush on. Ask your son who he remembers off his first baseball team if they aren't playing baseball now I bet they forgot their names.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  13:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beg to differ with Hurricane. Papa is 58 years old and I not only remember their names I remember their faces, their positions, their batting averages, the All-Stars. I remember the excitement, the rush, the love for each other and yes even the hurt, the dissapointment and the pain of the losses. I do agree with Hurricane that they will remember their first crush too and I hope that they are as lucky as I was to marry her and have some beautiful children and grandchildren that have provided me with many wonderful moments in the schools, ball, and gymnastics. This is life Hurricane, Get on board and enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

tater77bug

133 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  10:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right PAPA....I can remember my first base hit...my first homerun....most if not all my teammates...I even remember my batting average in wiffle ball over the summer of '76....I remember my first crush....she hated me but that doesn't matter now...baseball has taken me places I never thought I'd go and memories I'll have forever...and I remember the crumby coaches that were loud and cheated on pitching rules when all there was rec ball and Allstars...so it does matter....
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

I beg to differ with Hurricane. Papa is 58 years old and I not only remember their names I remember their faces, their positions, their batting averages, the All-Stars. I remember the excitement, the rush, the love for each other and yes even the hurt, the dissapointment and the pain of the losses. I do agree with Hurricane that they will remember their first crush too and I hope that they are as lucky as I was to marry her and have some beautiful children and grandchildren that have provided me with many wonderful moments in the schools, ball, and gymnastics. This is life Hurricane, Get on board and enjoy it.

Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  23:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like we are going to be in another tournament with them next week. Should be fun. Is there any rule about verbal interference? Thought I might run it by the tournament dictator first and see what he says if the news comes out good. I will mention it to the umpires before the game
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000