General Discussion
 Battle in the South 11u and 12u
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tater77bug

133 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  11:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like the pools have been revealed and there are some HOT matchups in pool play at the BITS....11U Kennasaw Xtreme vs TBS GBC #3- Battefield RS and Cincy Riverboats-Colonels vs. Team Anderson-Ga Roadrunners vs. Knox Stars...that sounds fun...12U EC Longhorns got a beast of a pool-Chili Dogs and Astros look good...and the Legends have a tough draw....all this in pool play....I can hardly wait!!!!

SpeedKills

106 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  14:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 5 Georgia Teams in the 11u have played in just about EVERY big tournament that there has been..RoadRunners,Stars,Redsox,Ken.Extreme and the Jags...Good luck and show them how the Big Boys play in Ga....I guess to be the best you have to play the best...This is going to be a very good tournament..

Edited by - SpeedKills on 04/10/2009 17:42:04
Go to Top of Page

Hey Man

53 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I've seen the pools My top 5 seeds for the 5 pools are GBC Team Acceleration for Pool A, Desoto Cardinals for Pool B, East Cobb Stars for Pool C, Team Anderson for Pool D, and the Georgia Roadrunners for Pool E. I didn't know how tough this tournament was until I looked at the pools. Somehow the South Florida Stealth dropped out of the tournament.

Edited by - Hey Man on 04/11/2009 12:45:29
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  12:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tough part about this tournament is the competition and the fact that not every team makes it to elimination play. Some teams will end up with consolation games, which makes each of your pool plays even that more important.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  22:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the website address the pool games are listed on.

Go to Top of Page

Strike 2

61 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  23:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
993 greg.....not trying to sneak in 1000 over a holiday are you? We are watching lol!
Go to Top of Page

homerunking

110 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  08:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.battleinthesouth.com/Home.php

Here is the link to it..........
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  07:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa don't predict but I will warn you that the Chiefs are beginning to gel. Look out for this juggernaut as they begin to get ready for the big tournaments coming up.

Someone asked me at the park why my 12 year old plays for the Chiefs. My answer was is that he loves his Coaches and that it pushes him to his ultimate limit to be able to play on such a talented team.

Another major reason that he plays is that his family feels that he is getting the best preparation possible for Middle and High School and that if he chooses to play at these levels he will have the background and fundamentals in place to make the transition to school ball smooth.

This 12 year old division is one of the most talented and competitive age divisions in the State and Country and there are multiple teams capable of winning any weekend. The Battle of the South in loaded with national powerhouses and I look forward to seeing how the Chiefs stack up with this level of competition.
Go to Top of Page

ecbstix

115 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  13:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be EC Stars or Jags.
Go to Top of Page

Marinersfan

57 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  22:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding 11U this tournament is loaded. Even more than the Atl Super NIT. (Same for 12s but I am more familiar with the 11U age group). Knoxville Stars, GBC, Team Anderson, Mac-n-Seitz, ECB Stars, DeSoto Cardinals, Jaguars (depending on which Jag team shows up) look like the teams to beat.
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  13:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pools look pretty even...

Pool A

Team Wins Losses Ties
GBC Team Acceleration (NC)
Kennesaw Xtreme (GA)
Knoxville Sluggers (TN)
Ohio Warhawks (OH)

Pool B

Team Wins Losses Ties
Alabama Senators (AL)
Battlefield Red Sox (GA)
Cincinnati Riverbats (OH)
Desoto Cardinals (MS)

Pool C

Team Wins Losses Ties
Charlotte Hurricanes (NC)
East Cobb Stars (GA)
Franklin Spiders (TN)
Mac N Seitz Indians (KS)

Pool D

Team Wins Losses Ties
Chattanooga Colonels (TN)
Midland Tomahawks (OH)
Southern Jaguars (GA)
Team Anderson (CA)

Pool E

Team Wins Losses Ties
Cincy Flames (OH)
Georgia Roadrunners (GA)
Indiana Blazers (IN)
Knoxville Stars (TN)
Go to Top of Page

Rocky

290 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  14:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree on the Jags, depends which team shows up, haven't been consistent enough for me yet. I think one of these out of town teams may win this field, but I will always root for the home teams.
Go to Top of Page

highcheese

71 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  15:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marinerfan - the teams you mentioned are stout. the balance of bats and pitching will be hard to beat. You are right with the Jags, if they get some consistant pitching they have a chance. Just having bats in this tourney is not enough, need some deep pitching due to the level of competition. Should be some intense matchups.
Go to Top of Page

Hey Man

53 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  16:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marinersfan, those are some pretty good teams you listed but I think you forgot two the Alabama Senators and Georgia Roadrunners.
Go to Top of Page

Marinersfan

57 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  23:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Man, the Senators are a good team. I'm not sure though, that I would put them in the same category as the teams I mentioned before. Maybe they will prove me wrong in a few weeks. The Roadrunners are going to have to show me more before I list them with the big boys any longer. They have showed they can beat the lesser caliber teams, but I havent seen them win a big game yet when they have played the top teams (Jags, Stars, Chatt Colonels for example).
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  08:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the Roadrunners are going to have their hands FULL with the Knox. Stars....They are a very good team...I know the Colonels in with the Jags have been playing good ball and are getting back to mid season form...All in all it's going to be a good tournament...
Go to Top of Page

tater77bug

133 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  09:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12U thoughts...or predictions...after some research...the Chiefs should be very hard to handle...they have a favorable pool plus they have the pitching and hitting to carry them deep...the Chili Dogs have a good pool as do the Astros...it looks as though the Houston Sox are loaded and come from a very rich talent area...Meteors are scoring runs by the bundles....so with all that my top 6 would look something like this....
Pool winners
1.Chiefs
2.Sox
3.Meteors
4.Astros
5. Dogs
6. Sluggers ( I do this out of respect for how they finished last season...not how they played most of last season)

Dark horses....Longhorns (man this team is talented but crazy tough pool), GBC (very very solid), Team Anderson (can't imagine them coming from Cali without being loaded for bear).

Do not overlook....Legends (they finally show up as MS baseball draws to an end probably rusty but dangerous)...Charlotte Canes...Flames (crazy tough pool..who did they make mad)

I have given the Georgia teams a lot of love here...but with all the rainouts and difficulty even playing I have to give the overall nod to the Sox or Meteors...this should be a very fun weekend...weather permitting!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sirlurker

187 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  16:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Battle in the South is about to begin...should be some good baseball...what do you think about the 11U format? 3 games during pool play and then championship bracket

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=304569&tclass=11U%20Championship

Format: The format for the 11U tournament will be as follows: The winner of each pool (5 teams) will be ranked 1-5. The runner-up of each pool will be ranked 6-10. These 10 teams will be placed in the championship "bracket" and will enter into a single elimination tournament that will start on Saturday night. The remaining 10 teams will each be assigned 1 "consolation" game that will start on Sunday. These consolation games will also be assigned to teams depending on their order of finish. However, all efforts will be taken in assigning games which will allow teams a match up they have not previously had or with a team from the same state.

Go to Top of Page

Hey Man

53 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  20:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, I looked at the pools and here are the 10 teams that I think will make the Championship Bracket the Knoxville Sluggers, GBC Team Acceleration, Desoto Cardinals, Alabama Senators, East Cobb Stars, Mac-N-Seitz Indians, Team Anderson, Southern Jaguars, Georgia Roadrunners, and the Knoxville Stars. I can't predict the Championship because these are all great teams.
Go to Top of Page

The One

35 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  15:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Chiefs have the deepest picthing staff of all the teams in the tournament and are very strong defensively and should fare very well. Saw them this past weekend no hit the Georgia Legends in the Championship with the Legends only putting 3 balls in play the entire game, 1 to the pitcher and 2 to the second baseman. I would love to see that rematch. The Astros are always right there and won a tournmanet this past weekend that shows they are back on track. It will be interesting to see what the Houston Sox and West Chester Sluggers are bringing in for the Battle. Those are my four finalist with the team with the deepest pitching staff winning it all.
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  16:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12u

Coming out of pool play I have :
Chiefs
H. Sox
Meteors
EC Astros
HP Chili Dogs
WC Sluggers
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  16:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to add that I agree on the 12U 's ! This field is absolutely STACKED with tremendous players, teams and coaches. I'm salivating to watch this caliibre of baseball. Strap your helmets on...this is going to be absolutely AWESOME !!!!!!!!! Good luck to all .
Go to Top of Page

Hey Man

53 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  20:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marinersfan, the Roadrunners beat the Knoxville Stars, Alabama Senators, Southern Jaguars, and only lost by one run to GBC. I was a little disappointed with the Alabama Senators though. Who won in the constallation bracket.
Go to Top of Page

Strike 2

61 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  22:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to GBC 11U on a well played tournament and 1st place in the BITS.
Go to Top of Page

Marinersfan

57 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  08:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great Hey Man. Glad to see the Roadrunners playing well. I put them back up where I had them at the beginning of the year with the elites.

quote:
Originally posted by Hey Man

Marinersfan, the Roadrunners beat the Knoxville Stars, Alabama Senators, Southern Jaguars, and only lost by one run to GBC. I was a little disappointed with the Alabama Senators though. Who won in the constallation bracket.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000