What should they be?

quote:
Originally posted by pcc

why is the Grip a triple A team?

Go to Top of Page

ECBdad

21 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  22:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are thinking about 7 yr old results.
8U, Hobgood was not a factor, Boynton won state with NYO A team (longhorns?) finishing 2nd. Boynton was subsequently disqualified as they played with an illegal player. It ultimately cost them a win in the Dizzy Dean World series as the evidence was presented after pool play began. The player was held out of the rest of the tourney and they were allowed to continue. NYO was awarded the State Championship as a result.

quote:
Originally posted by 743

Dizzy Dean State Champs? When these kids were 8
I think Hobgood came back and beat Boynton twice to win it, not 100% sure.
World Series when they were 8, was a team from Alabama, (Gardendale), Boynton, Oregon Park, NYO didnt attend the World Series.

AS 9
NYO Champions
Wills Park Runner Up
Powder Springs Indians

I may be off on some of these but close

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  11:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ECB Dad said: You are thinking about 7 yr old results.
8U, Hobgood was not a factor, Boynton won state with NYO A team (longhorns?) finishing 2nd. Boynton was subsequently disqualified as they played with an illegal player. It ultimately cost them a win in the Dizzy Dean World series as the evidence was presented after pool play began. The player was held out of the rest of the tourney and they were allowed to continue. NYO was awarded the State Championship as a result.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought NYO were State Champs as 8's and Hobgood as 7's. I didnt know about the Boynton gaffe though.

Go to Top of Page

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  12:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome pickle,
I thought Mill Creek was in this tournament too? I saw them just take apart the Scorpions in the fall,Had a 22 run lead in the 3rd inning I think? They are a much better team than assumed. I think the top 4 teams in cobb are - tigers-643-longhorns-kennesaw in no particular order. Throw the bandits in there and one of those 5 teams wins the Spring Frost.
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle

New to the site here but,
Boy some of you guys just dont like east cobb do you? (Head stuck in a bat bag) ( east cobb blinders on ) What is that about?

Anyway, the way I see it in Cobb is like this.

1. EC Tigers or Longhorns
2. the other one
3. 643
4. Kennesaw
5. scorpions

In the spring frost,top 8

1. Bandits,Longhorns,643,Mill Creek
5. Hollysprings
6. Kennesaw
7. Tigers
8. Grip

This top 4 could shake out either way depends on whose ready to play. I lean towards Bandits,643,Longhorns,Mill Creek.
To early for the tigers with no fall ball,Kennesaw not enough pitching,Scorpions not enough pitching or hitting. Hollysprings is the unknown here in this tournament.

What do you think of this analogy?

Well back to the blinders and the bat bag!

Go to Top of Page

stallion

28 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  12:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toss Salad, you got to be kidding. lol

The beauty of all this speculation, is we will know real soon who are pretenders and contenders.

But somebody is not doing good research. There is an obvious bias coming from parents and coaches toward your own team, which I understand, but some of these list or border line ridicules. Realty will hit you real soon.

Triple Crown predictions are:
1. Bandits
2. Kennesaw
3. 643
4. Sandtown
5. EC Scorpions

My EC rankings would be as follows:
1. Tigers
2. Scorpions
3. Luck
4. Longhorns / Bulldogs -- that's a toss up

For the NWBA league:
1. OP Sharks
2. Sandy Plains
3. East Side Venom
4. OP Storm
5. Hobgood Heat
6. North Georgia Storm
7. Acworth Warriors
8. Apharetta Athletics
9. Mudcats

Should be fun!!!
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  16:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why does Mill Creek Gold have so many players on their USSSA roster?
Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mill Creek beat the Scorpions 15-9 in that game - I guess they lost some runs in the late innings (kidding). I think that game should be telling all of us more about the Scorpions though. Mill Creek also beat them 6-4 in the semi of bracket play. Scorpions were in control until the starting pitcher ran out of gas in the 4th or 5th inning.

quote:
Originally posted by BBall123

Welcome pickle,
I thought Mill Creek was in this tournament too? I saw them just take apart the Scorpions in the fall,Had a 22 run lead in the 3rd inning I think? They are a much better team than assumed. I think the top 4 teams in cobb are - tigers-643-longhorns-kennesaw in no particular order. Throw the bandits in there and one of those 5 teams wins the Spring Frost.
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle

New to the site here but,
Boy some of you guys just dont like east cobb do you? (Head stuck in a bat bag) ( east cobb blinders on ) What is that about?

Anyway, the way I see it in Cobb is like this.

1. EC Tigers or Longhorns
2. the other one
3. 643
4. Kennesaw
5. scorpions

In the spring frost,top 8

1. Bandits,Longhorns,643,Mill Creek
5. Hollysprings
6. Kennesaw
7. Tigers
8. Grip

This top 4 could shake out either way depends on whose ready to play. I lean towards Bandits,643,Longhorns,Mill Creek.
To early for the tigers with no fall ball,Kennesaw not enough pitching,Scorpions not enough pitching or hitting. Hollysprings is the unknown here in this tournament.

What do you think of this analogy?

Well back to the blinders and the bat bag!

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  06:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because they played Fall ball and all those players are still showing up on the roster (6 left: 3,7,8,9,10,14). Lost their Head Coach to re-lo, so Asst who took over may be unfamiliar w/ USSSA roster admin. He failed to drop/delete these players.

Only 2 players remain from the strong '08 Mill Creek 9U team. 8 newbies

quote:
Originally posted by jscoda

Why does Mill Creek Gold have so many players on their USSSA roster?

Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  12:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BBALL123, Did you say you saw, or caused the Mill Creek team beat the Scorpions?

Edited by - coachz on 02/13/2009 12:17:12
Go to Top of Page

Pickle

22 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  14:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now guys lets play nice! To much talking, inuendo's and frustration going on between us adults, come on spring frost T ; let the teams figure it out on the field.
Go to Top of Page

borisb85

3 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  22:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9u Bandits also lost to 6-4-3 in the semifinals of the 2008 Spring Frost.

[quote]Originally posted by baseballpapa

Bandits only lost 4 games to 9U teams last year. 1 to the Gulf Coast Lightning at the Super NIT in Alabama 1 to Kennesaw at the Georgia Super NIT in a super game (came back and won 9 games in a row to win the Super NIT) and 2 to the San Diego Stars at Disney.
Go to Top of Page

borisb85

3 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  22:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"When our boys reach High School, it becomes apples to apples. Brookwood High beat Walton last year for the State title. Loganville and Wesleyan High are also 2008 State Champs from Gwinnett."

So what does that mean?

Walton and Lassiter won the years before that and Chattahoochie and Milton won before that. None are from Gwinnett. If you have 20% more children in Gwinnett, I would expect better results.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  08:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pickle, We are playing nice and its not inunendo or frustration. In baseball we call it "chatter". Just got a little chatter going on, that's all. I can't wait to put a face to the post when I get to the ball field. I am the little short guy that coaches the bandits.
Go to Top of Page

CoachMark

216 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseball99

This all sound impressive but some of what you have here tells me that you are making your predictions based on things that are no longer true regarding some of these teams. In particular, the info regarding Mill Creek and Parkview.

Mill Creek has two teams now and 2 of the park's best players left to play elsewhere. Both of the teams that remain are, at best, 5 travel players strong and the rest of the roster would be hard pressed to make a travel team in East Cobb.

Parkview was probably the 3rd best team in Gwinnett last year and they lost their best player.

Collins Hill or Mill Creek Red will the the best team in Gwinnett and Norcross may surprise everyone and take that title. Even with that said, none of these teams will compete for any Triple Crown title unless they draw an easy path through a bracket. PTB Elite (not at full strength) spanked the Mill Creek team last fall in the championship game of a tourney in Hampton. It was obvious they were from two different classes.

It's interesting to read anyway.

I think you might be taking Hawkeye a little too seriously. In one post, he says he doesn't know anything about ECB teams and in the next post he ranks them. Looks to me like he's just trying to stir things up on the board. While it's entertaining, he might not even know anything about 10U in Georgia. At least it appears that way to me.

One request I have of all posters when predicting. Please keep the players names from being posted on this board. I am not talking about statements like "the catcher from the Bombers" because that gives us all an idea of something to look for when we attend these tournaments. But please refrain from mentioning the players names (not that anyone has done this). These kids are way to young to have that kind of pressure added to what is already more serious than it should be at this age.

Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  21:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree 100% about the kids' names. This is supposed to fun for them, first and foremost. As for taking the other poster too seriously, you are probably right there too. In fact, I take everyone seriously until they prove to me that I shouldn't !!

quote:
Originally posted by CoachMark

quote:
Originally posted by baseball99

This all sound impressive but some of what you have here tells me that you are making your predictions based on things that are no longer true regarding some of these teams. In particular, the info regarding Mill Creek and Parkview.

Mill Creek has two teams now and 2 of the park's best players left to play elsewhere. Both of the teams that remain are, at best, 5 travel players strong and the rest of the roster would be hard pressed to make a travel team in East Cobb.

Parkview was probably the 3rd best team in Gwinnett last year and they lost their best player.

Collins Hill or Mill Creek Red will the the best team in Gwinnett and Norcross may surprise everyone and take that title. Even with that said, none of these teams will compete for any Triple Crown title unless they draw an easy path through a bracket. PTB Elite (not at full strength) spanked the Mill Creek team last fall in the championship game of a tourney in Hampton. It was obvious they were from two different classes.

It's interesting to read anyway.

I think you might be taking Hawkeye a little too seriously. In one post, he says he doesn't know anything about ECB teams and in the next post he ranks them. Looks to me like he's just trying to stir things up on the board. While it's entertaining, he might not even know anything about 10U in Georgia. At least it appears that way to me.

One request I have of all posters when predicting. Please keep the players names from being posted on this board. I am not talking about statements like "the catcher from the Bombers" because that gives us all an idea of something to look for when we attend these tournaments. But please refrain from mentioning the players names (not that anyone has done this). These kids are way to young to have that kind of pressure added to what is already more serious than it should be at this age.

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  22:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coach Mark,

Good idea and I hope everyone takes your advice on this.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  17:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got home from watching Acworth play Oregon Park, I wouldn't put either team in the top 5 of East Cobb Teams, but both are very similar and both played it like a scrimmage game, letting kids work.
Go to Top of Page

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  07:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK ? I "SAW" it. The inability to hit quality pitching "CAUSED" it.
quote:
Originally posted by coachz

BBALL123, Did you say you saw, or caused the Mill Creek team beat the Scorpions?

Go to Top of Page

ballboy5

19 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  08:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseballpapa, since you are with the Bandits, are there any other teams up in North Georgia or in the Southern Tennessee area that may be under the radar, and may be able to suprise some teams by putting up a few good games?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  19:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ballboy5

There are some teams in North Georgia and Tennessee capable of playing good baseball. The Cougars have put together a nice team and the Knoxville Stars can compete with anyone but truth is the real competition is to be found in East Cobb and Atlanta area. These first few tournaments look more like the year ending World Series than early Spring tournaments. We honestly expect to have our hands full all year long but I would rather lose more games in this type competition than win at the weaker tournaments as I feel we will be a better team down the road because of it. By the way our Coaches feel the same way about the tougher competition so we won't be surprised by the extra losses.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  15:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems the ECB Bulldogs are much better than anyone knew. Could be the team under the radar. Looks like the ECB teams will have a tough time determining who is top dog.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  11:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which team is the "A" or "B" or are both teams pretty much equal?

Mill Creek Red
Mill Creek Gold
Chilidogs Red
Chilidogs Black
OP Sharks
OP Storm
and any other parks with similar situations.
Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  13:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mill Creek Red - "A" team, despite being 10U-AA
Mill Creek Gold - "B" team, despite being 10U-AAA
Chilidogs Red
Chilidogs Black
OP Sharks
OP Storm

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  14:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At North Gwinnett Bulldogs, the Black is initially the A team and Red is B, but it can flip as time goes by and turnover occurs. The 12u Bulldogs Red have overtaken Black and are now the A team and Black is B. I love it when that happens.

the
quote:

Mill Creek Red
Mill Creek Gold
Chilidogs Red
Chilidogs Black
OP Sharks
OP Storm

Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  15:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It seems the ECB Bulldogs are much better than anyone knew. Could be the team under the radar. Looks like the ECB teams will have a tough time determining who is top dog.

Congrats on your tournament win.
1 75 2/21/2009 Qualifier Warron Holder Classic BBboys10AAA 4 0 0 18 58 2 14.5 0.5 14

Game Data
# Tournament Winning Team Winner
Score Losing Team Loser
Score
1* Warron Holder Classic East Cobb Bulldogs 15 Georgia Raptors 2
2* Warron Holder Classic East Cobb Bulldogs 15 Georgia Titans 0
3* Warron Holder Classic East Cobb Bulldogs 18 Georgia Raptors 0
4* Warron Holder Classic East Cobb Bulldogs 10 Georgia Titans 0
* Indicates games played against teams of different class. Updated every night.
The first day results are entered all games will appear in pink.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000