New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

secondbase13

10 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  16:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the Tigers even playing??? They're not in the Spring Frost or NIT. For an elite team....you would think they would be playing against the best. And it looks like the best is at the Spring Frost!

quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane

all the ECB teams are equal except 4 the tigers

Go to Top of Page

longhorn1

63 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  21:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Played the bulldogs not long ago. Solid...good job coach.
Go to Top of Page

slamsdad

19 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  12:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jscoda,i think bulldogs will be an average team,and just because they won a tournament with 3 teams in it doesnt make them an elite team though.but i did hear that they pretty much shutdown the longhorns lastweek in a game .
Go to Top of Page

playurgame

3 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  12:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it true that the tourney the Bulldogs won had 4 AA teams in it???
Go to Top of Page

10 baseball10

3 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  15:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slamsdad

jscoda,i think bulldogs will be an average team,and just because they won a tournament with 3 teams in it doesnt make them an elite team though.but i did hear that they pretty much shutdown the longhorns lastweek in a game .

Those scores combined with the longhorns post sure doesn't scream average to me. Surely the longhorns aren't an average team. We all know that nobody can measure up to the Scorpions though.LOL
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didnt a brand new AA Mill Creek team who never played together as a team with a rookie coach do quite well against the Scorpions in the Fall? I think Mill Creek exterminated those nasty bugs twice.

quote:
Originally posted by 10 baseball10

quote:
Originally posted by slamsdad

Those scores combined with the longhorns post sure doesn't scream average to me. Surely the longhorns aren't an average team. We all know that nobody can measure up to the Scorpions though.LOL

Go to Top of Page

Pickle

22 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  21:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fella's, I was watching while the bulldogs/longhorns scrimmage was going on. I know it was the first time the longhorns had been on the field this year and they were missing 4 kids that were on vacation, had one kid playing with a cast on his left hand wearing a left handed glove on his right hand to catch with, then would throw down the glove swap the ball into the right hand and throw and had to bunt everytime. They picked up 2 kids that had never played kid pitch before to fill out the field just to have enough to scrimmage. I think it was 6-5 after 4 innings.

Not taking anything away from the bulldogs because they played better than I have ever seen them play. But I would hardly call that Shutting Down The Longhorns .
Go to Top of Page

secondbase13

10 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  17:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm? I don't know......

quote:
Originally posted by Rocky

ECB Tigers are a major 10 team, the rest are just about equal to one another.

Go to Top of Page

Rocky

290 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  10:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected based on this weekends results, ECB Scorpians are the real deal.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  12:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if ANYONE had the Duluth Wilcats as your sleeper, please stand up!

Go to Top of Page

clubhousebaseball1

13 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  19:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to support Bmoser, I am looking at homerunking's list of top teams and I see Mill Creek at 20th and Midway at 1. Didn't I hear Mill Creek Red just beat Midway something like 26-10 in 3 innings? This is with the team they got on draft day. No hired guns on the team. I see this all the time. How can we say a team is ranked high in these polls when many of them are using patch teams at times to play in tournaments? If a team were to call themselves Misfits and have 3-4 players from the Major Wraths and 3-4 from ECB and get beat by yes...the Mill Creek Red team by a score of 9-2 in the Winder shootout this weekend, then how can we accurately rank a team. I believe if we are going to rank a team, we should rank them where they are playing with their main squad, not what they do when they get a few hired guns. I was at the tournament this weekend when I saw a Tri County Hawks team play and when I got a closer look, it was the Mill Creek Red team with a couple of players from the other Mill Creek team. I agree with BMoser, if they combined teams for good, we would not be thinking about EC teams at all. This team is strong, even with their base team. Add a couple of players and they would be very tough to beat.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  08:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clubhousebaseball1

I have to support Bmoser, I am looking at homerunking's list of top teams and I see Mill Creek at 20th and Midway at 1. Didn't I hear Mill Creek Red just beat Midway something like 26-10 in 3 innings? This is with the team they got on draft day. No hired guns on the team. I see this all the time. How can we say a team is ranked high in these polls when many of them are using patch teams at times to play in tournaments? If a team were to call themselves Misfits and have 3-4 players from the Major Wraths and 3-4 from ECB and get beat by yes...the Mill Creek Red team by a score of 9-2 in the Winder shootout this weekend, then how can we accurately rank a team. I believe if we are going to rank a team, we should rank them where they are playing with their main squad, not what they do when they get a few hired guns. I was at the tournament this weekend when I saw a Tri County Hawks team play and when I got a closer look, it was the Mill Creek Red team with a couple of players from the other Mill Creek team. I agree with BMoser, if they combined teams for good, we would not be thinking about EC teams at all. This team is strong, even with their base team. Add a couple of players and they would be very tough to beat.

Clubhouse - Homerunking's list was just a list of who was playing in a tournament, not his ranking. He simply cut-and-paste it from the tourney website.
Go to Top of Page

clubhousebaseball1

13 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  22:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Mill Creek Red will do fine. Knowing this is a very young team makes me excited to know we may be watching a team in the next few years that will give a lot of teams something to worry about. What happens when they get some experience. What I have seen is they have a few coaches along with the head coach that have more time in travel. As someone said on a post, hitting will be their strong point, when I saw them, they have power hitters, speed on the bases, deeper pitching than most teams, and do not make a lot of mistakes. They do not have to rely on one or two hard throwing pitchers to win, they do it with depth. We have seen many teams with a couple of hard throwing pitchers and not win any more tournaments than this team. I like the team. I am sure there are a few others that are solid. I saw the Forsyth Slugfest and the Duluth team placing 4th was impressive. Should make for a great summer of baseball.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000