New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  10:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bball123, calm down. No one is whining about anything. Bmoser is stating facts that surround the travel ball environment in Gwinnett county. East Cobb is light years ahead of Gwinnett County as far as infrastructure, commitment and attitude towards travel ball. Those close to this area are blessed to have such opportunities for their kids.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  11:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BMoser, I might make another suggestion that has helped us tremendously in our pursuit of playing the best the game has to offer. All parks have the problems of finding a field and I mean everyone. We are also last in line in for fields so we begged, borrowed and don't tell but might have even stole so that we could build a field that we could call our own. It's not much but it gets the job done. It's our Coach's property and most of what was done he made happen. There are many people that will help if you mention it's all for the kid's. Ever hear the old timer's tell you how they played in a cow pasture. I played with them.
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  13:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI,
Triple Crown Tournaments at East Cobb have no host team, like other tournaments do. TC runs them completely and Tony is from FLA, so he does not have a home team.

I have spent more years in travel ball outside than inside at EC so I have seen it from both sides. There is no "they look for ways on paper to knock you out before they have to face you" because there is no they in the equation.

I remember a year or so ago seeing the draw for a tournament and swearing that there was no way it could have been drawn up without bias but soon realized that it was completely drawn up using USSSA's points. The teams were ranked by points and placed in pools accordingly. I did a blind draw up of the ranking by points without knowing the team names and came up with almost the exact same pools.

My point is, it's not always a conspiracy, but just the way things fall. As baseballpapa put earlier, "Go play your game, beat your competition, and let the results speak for you."
Go to Top of Page

tombstone

30 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  13:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bmoser,maybe you should consider playing elsewhere,if you believe in travel ball then maybe you should get in your car and go elsewhere,do you think that all those kids that play at east cobb are from cobb county..no ,i know people that are from other counties that drive an hour to practice but they believe in doing what is best for their kid,so quit moning about gwinnett or go somewhere else that simple.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  14:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BMoser,

You asked if anyone knew of a elite travel team out of Gwinnett County. The Mills Creek 12U team is an awesome travel team that completes in some of the most elite tournaments around. Very competitive team. You might find out who their coach is and get some advice on how he has managed to build this team in spite of the County regulations. I hope that I don't help you get this 10U team put together and then have you beat our brains out. I firmly believe that the better you are the better we will become by playing you.
Go to Top of Page

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  14:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
((99 Im very calm, Im just stating the facts like you guys? We get 3 hours of field time a week from ECB the rest of it we rent high school fields or church fields,we do what we have to to play and practice. our kids are no different than yours , our parents and families are no different than yours. our tourneys are ran no different than any. We are just people who love baseball just like you guys. we have enough integrity to not cheat or slant tournament matchups to win a freakin youth baseball game! Its not our fault that the people in Gwinnet do not have the drive,determination or commitment to figure out how to start a Travel ball team! Come on guys?? Lay offus East Cobbers with our heads stuck in our Bat Bags???? ;-)
quote:
Originally posted by baseball99

bball123, calm down. No one is whining about anything. Bmoser is stating facts that surround the travel ball environment in Gwinnett county. East Cobb is light years ahead of Gwinnett County as far as infrastructure, commitment and attitude towards travel ball. Those close to this area are blessed to have such opportunities for their kids.

Edited by - BBall123 on 02/10/2009 08:51:01
Go to Top of Page

homerunking

110 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  16:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will say that last year at 10 Mill Creek Hawks was a Major team. This year at 11 they will be a force to face..They won BPA stste last year. I also see some of those namce you spoke of already signed up with USSSA...Some teams have found a way around what is holding some teams back...Once your regular season is over with there is still plenty of baseball to play...Isn't it????

This is the 11u list for SLUGFEST

1.East Cobb Seminoles
2.North Gwinnett Bulldogs Black
3.Sharon Springs Spartans
4.Coal Mountain Raiders
5.Hobgood Extreme
6.North Georgia Blazers
7.Lanier Vipers
8.East Cobb Reds
9.East Cobb Yankees
10.Oregon Park Wildcats
11.Sharon Springs Silver Spartans
12.Mill Creek Hawks
13.Homeplate Chili Dogs
14.Midway Bats
15.Suwanee Stix
16.Peachtree Ridge Lions
17.South Forsyth Colts
18.South Forsyth Renegades
19.Atlanta Icons
20.East Cobb Colt 45's
21.JC Force
22.East Cobb Titans
23.Collins Hill Eagles
24.Dacula Falcons
25.Southern Jaguars
26.Academy A's
27.East Cobb longhorns
Looks like some of the Gwinnett teams ARE playing!!!!!!!

10u Teams
1.Midway Dirty Dawgs
2.Sharon Springs Spartans Blue
3.Wills Park Yellow Jackets
4.Coal Mountain Raiders
5.Dobbs Creek Warriors
6.Sharon Springs Spartans Silver
7.North Gwinnett Bulldogs
8.Central Park Titans
9.6-4-3 DP Cougars
10.Duluth Wildcats
11.Alpharetta A's
12.Georgia Raptors
13.Sawnee Mt. Thunder
14.Sandy Plains Wildcats
15.Norcross Blue Devils
16.Dacula Falcons
17.Mill Creek Hawks-Gold
18.East Cobb Scorpions
19.North Georgia Storm
20.Mill Creek Hawks Red
21.Bandits Baseball
22.Georgia Select
23.East Cobb Longhorns
24.Kennesaw Express
25.Team Wilson
26.Memphis Outlaws
27.East Cobb Tigers
28.Georgia Titans
29.Forsyth Fire Ants

Edited by - homerunking on 02/10/2009 08:51:31
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  16:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any Little Leaguers from Murphy Candler, Chastain/Buckhead, Columbus, Warner Robbins play tourneys? Could they be the 10U sleepers we know have got to be lurking out there? What happened to NYO? They were tough as 8's back in Dizzy Dean ball, I heard they went to Little League. Any recon out there on this?

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  16:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of wind came out of my sails for finding/buying a field in Gwinnett when the Cities of Buford and now Cumming came to our rescue. The city of Cumming is a breath of fresh air. Only 10 minutes further than our home Gwinnett Park, and 20x the field availablity. They even let us host our own fundraising tourney that will cover a lot of our expenses this year.

o
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

BMoser, I might make another suggestion that has helped us tremendously in our pursuit of playing the best the game has to offer. All parks have the problems of finding a field and I mean everyone. We are also last in line in for fields so we begged, borrowed and don't tell but might have even stole so that we could build a field that we could call our own. It's not much but it gets the job done. It's our Coach's property and most of what was done he made happen. There are many people that will help if you mention it's all for the kid's. Ever hear the old timer's tell you how they played in a cow pasture. I played with them.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  18:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since this topic is "Teams under the radar", I thought perhaps we should actually have a post or two that answers that topic.

Teams on "locked-in" radar (and therefore not under):
- Bandits
- Stixx
- ECB Tigers
- Sandtown

Teams on the radar (and also not under):
- ECB Longhorns
- ECB Scopions
- ECB Luck
- ECB Bulldogs
- Kennesaw Express
- Holly Springs Express
- Chilidogs
- Gresham/Yard Dogs
- Rome
- Grip
- Mill Creek

Teams under the radar (who may be very good):
- S. Forsyth Blue (not sure why haven't been mentioned)
- Wills Park (big bats)
- Midway (solid)
- Dekalb Jaguars (they win a good bit)
- Prime Time (also win a a lot)
- Eastside (someone on here thinks they're good)

Teams way under the radar (nobody is mentioning, so not likely to have much):
- Oregon Park (not sure which team is the better one)
- Team Wilson (is this the former Heat?)
- Hobgood Heat (or is this the Heat team)
- Alpharetta A's (anybody know anything about this team?)
- Sandy Plains Wildcats (is this the Prowlers? not expecting much from them)
- N. Georgia Storm (had 2 good pitchers last year)
- LSU Tigers (is this Dugout? also heard have 2 good pitchers)
- Georgia Select (?)
- Fire Ants (beat Longhorns last year but not a lot here unless they've upgraded)
- Dobbs Creek (heard they lost their coach recently)
- Dunwoody Destroyers (again, anything?)

who else might be good?

Edited by - Hawkeye on 02/10/2009 08:53:23
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  09:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing how hot the 10-U division will be this year. Can't wait to see if the should be greats live up to the billing and can't wait to see if the lesser haves from last year have improved. If even a couple of them have improved over last year it will just add to an already loaded age group. Gonna be fun. Heck, I wish I was one of the kids getting to play ball at this level instead of just a Dad!
Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hawkeye, you can never say the Hobgood Heat is way under the radar. The teams out of Hobgood are always "on" the radar, and that would include Team Wilson, and keep an eye out on the Oregon Park teams, they were always right up there in Dizzy Dean. The others I agree with you on, don't know muck about them.

Edited by - coachz on 02/10/2009 10:57:52
Go to Top of Page

BREAMKING

323 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone mentioned NYo there dizzy dean 9yr team was great last summer and better than most travel teams. They got lots of talent and am really shocked no travel teams have swooped in to grab some. They only lost one game last summer and that was to there B team (so maybe something fishy there who knows). Everybody else they just destroyed. Oregon park will be average travel ball team maybe if they kept the same kids. If they have added some travel ball players they might be a little better. Both there all-star teams were about the same last summer. Wills park had a pretty good 9u dizzy dean team last year. There coach was really good I assume those guys have gone to travel also.
Go to Top of Page

playurgame

3 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hawkeye- I hear there are a few good teams from the North and South Forsyth area
that may be sleepers to watch out for!!
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NYO ... they always seem to have a great program and you will most likely see them at some of the bigger travel tournaments this summer. At least 10U is when we started seeing them at travel tournaments a few years ago ... Back then they could handily beat the posers and hang with the best of teams. They did not always beat the best major teams, but they always made them bring their A-game.

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hawkeye: I agree, let's get back to the topic.

South Forsyth Eagles-Blue aka Sharon Springs Spartans-Blue. Lost 3, picked up 3, 1 huge kid/big hitter, and 2 w/o USSSA history. They needed pitching. Always strong D & bats. 3 new boys pitching is key

I rank EC: Scorpions, Tigers, Longhorns, Luck, Bulldogs in that order. Your thoughts?

I like Chain Dirt Dawgs. Did well @ FLA Winter W.S., very experienced

Columbus Cyclones did well in the TC Fall tourney, but had easy draws.

Georgia Wrath were good last year but they've lost 5 players, and have not registered yet. Disbanded?

My GGBL pre-season ranking w/ where I see them in USSSA class
1)Mill Creek - Red (Majors)
2)North Gwinnett-Black (AAA)
3)Collins Hill (AAA)
4)Norcross (AAA)
5) Dacula (AAA)
6) Parkview (AAA)
remaining 6 are AA

My LBL pre-season
1) Creekview Jr. Grizzlies (AAA)
2) Dobbs Creek Warriors (AAA)
3) Georgia Raptors (AAA)
4) Sawnee Mountain Thunder (AAA)
remaining 14 I'll rank as AA due to low, or no USSSA history

I'd like to see someone take a stab at ranking the 10U NWGA league.
Go to Top of Page

homerunking

110 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The truth is about to be told...All of these " GREAT TEAMS" how many are going to play in the Super Nit in March???? Thats how you know who is a great team....They seek out the BEST there is to play..Only one team last year did that....BANDITS...they were one of the few that played and won everything they were in..The only team to go to the Eliete 24 from GA in 9u or 10u....They will be back this year ...
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  13:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you will find out about NYO is the loyalty kids have to that park. They have a few here and there that leave but the one thing you can count on is them showing up strong once June gets here. They are typically well coached and make you beat them. They won't beat themselves, you will have to beat them.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  15:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by playurgame

Hawkeye- I hear there are a few good teams from the North and South Forsyth area
that may be sleepers to watch out for!!

Who? Don't be shy.

Regarding Hobgood, I had them way under because I haven't seen anyone mention them at all. Thanks for pointing that out. That's what I'm looking for. Is there any evidence other than "they're from Hobgood" to back this up?

bmoser, I have no idea how to rank the ECB teams since I haven't seen them. The Astros are now Tigers and the Astros teams are ALWAYS good. The others are all new so no way to tell unless you know something about them.

Who else wants to give a ranking? It's time to step up to the plate.
Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  15:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sandy Plains
Eastside
Hobgood Heat
OP Sharks
Alpha A's
OP Storm
Ackworth
Euharlee Mudcats
NG Storm
There's my stab at it.JMO, for what it's worth.

Edited by - coachz on 02/10/2009 19:20:25
Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  15:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bmoser

Hawkeye: I agree, let's get back to the topic.

I'd like to see someone take a stab at ranking the 10U NWGA league.

At least somebody is willing to put it out there. Here is my stab at the NWBA league you requested . . .

1. East Side Venom
2. Hobgood Heat
3. OP Storm
4. Acworth Warriors
5. North Georgia Storm
6. Oregon Park Sharks
7. Alpharetta Athletics
8. Sandy Plains Wildcats
9. Euharlee Mudcats

I have a very complicated formula for figuring this out so I doubt anyone else can do better.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  15:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I heard about the NYO team is they will not compete in travel tournaments until the summer as they first must take part in their rec league. They may have good talent but by summer they will be way to inexperienced at playing at the level of the better travel teams to compete.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  16:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
homerunking: You are right that the Bandits seek out the best as we firmly believe that playing the best will only make you better no matter the outcome. If you read the posts you would think the Bandits might bulldoze the competition but this is far from the truth. We were blessed that we won a lot of games but remember that over 1/2 of the wins were close, well played games against really good teams that could have gone either way. The losses were also close, well played games and we got better from both the wins and the losses. Our early tournaments this year include the TC Spring Frost, Forsyth Slugfest, and Super NIT. We would feel good if we could get one out of three of these but believe it when I tell you that we will battle hard for all three.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  16:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOMERUNKING,
This topic is 10u teams under the radar. There is another string of Super NIT predictions. Bandits are above the National Radar, and yes they are the favorite to return to win our SNIT % be @ Elite 24.

What we're looking for here are sleepers that could creep up the Major class power ratings, AA teams that could jump up and bite some Major teams (Mill Creek-Red, Columbus Cyclones, Norcross), AAA teams that could do the same (Chain Dirt Dawgs, Wills Park). Major teams that have re-shuffled the deck, and now might become something special (Holly Springs Express, Sharon Springs-Blue). Or lastly brand new teams that could make some noise (East Cobb Luck).

quote:
Originally posted by homerunking

The truth is about to be told...All of these " GREAT TEAMS" how many are going to play in the Super Nit in March???? Thats how you know who is a great team....They seek out the BEST there is to play..Only one team last year did that....BANDITS...they were one of the few that played and won everything they were in..The only team to go to the Eliete 24 from GA in 9u or 10u....They will be back this year ...

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  16:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the NYO group from my old Dizzy Dean days. I guess it would be possible for a good Dizzy Dean Team to do well in travel ball but my feelings is that it is much tougher to play the travel tournaments than it was Dizzy Dean. Dizzy Dean seems to only have a few great teams while the travel tournaments are strong top to bottom.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000