New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  15:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the new and renewed rosters are shaking out who looks like the 10U team to beat in 2009?

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  16:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
North Ga. Bandits....They will be strong again this year...Went to Elite 24 this year losing to the Champs the San Diego Stars
Go to Top of Page

Mike Corbin

523 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  20:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6-4-3 will be very tough from what I hear. They were very good last year and have picked up some very good players.
Go to Top of Page

slamsdad

19 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  22:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
east cobb scorpions will be very strong,they picked from several different teams.
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  10:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did the Bandits lose anyone? Were the San Diego Stars that good to beat the Bandits twice?
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  17:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess they just had their number...I don't know if they were that good or the Bandits had a bad day both times they played them..But the Bandits only lost 6 or 7 games last year and did beat some GOOD 10 yr old teams last year...Chattanooga Colonels and Rome Rattlers...They even won a 10u tournament and second in another..I do not know if they will have the same team, but if they do pick up more palyers they will probably be that much better...
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  09:32:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I can tell The Bandits, 6-4-3 & Kennesaw are the top 10-U's heading into 2009. ECB looks to be a step behind those 3.
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  11:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I have seen The Bandits are awesome, but as the years go on they wont be as dominate in a couple of years. They have been together for along time and picked up a stud pitcher last season. 6-4-3 is my guess to be the best team around Marietta Area with Kennesaw right there and the ECB Astros just as good. I think the Scorpions will be a .500 team this season in tournament play, not nearly as strong as they were as Rebels, but I am only guessing.
Go to Top of Page

bmoc

7 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  22:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you, but there are some rumblings about the longhorns of East Cobb, may be the sleeper. Has anyone heard anything. Rumors say they have 7 kids that can go deep, a friend told me he saw them having batting practice and that they were banging the wall at east cobb. What kids are on this team. He also said they are by far the biggest kids you have seen. He son plays for another team at east cobb.
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  13:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything on them yet this season. I figured they have the same kids from last years team. Don't know much about them or the Bulldogs or The Luck?
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  14:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard the longhorns picked up a few sticks but will still have the problem of no pitching and less than par defense.
Go to Top of Page

slamsdad

19 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  16:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont think they will be a factor facing anykind of pitching.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  20:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6-4-3 has improved. Will be strong team. Bandits are very good. I heard they were looking to replace 4 players from last year's roster.
Kennesaw revamped with some kids who played up now returning to their age group. Minter is a good coach. Astros will be strong but not in the top 3 teams. Longhorns only returned 4 players. They got 3 from the Rebels, one from Milton, and several from Sandtown. They will be big and strong. Luck has a core group from Hobgood.
Scorpions have two or three Rebels.

I think there is a sleeper out there.
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  09:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool to see another age group getting some 'love' , the whole thing with the rising 13Us was really going over the top IMHO.
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  09:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we will know more after the fall State Championship, looks like some of these teams are playing.

1. 6-4-3 dp cougars, GA
2. rome fire--rome, ga
3. east cobb scorpions--marietta, ga
4. hobgood heat--woodstock, ga
5. kennesaw express--kennesaw, ga
6. south forsyth war eagles--cumming, ga
7. east cobb longhorns--marietta, ga

Go to Top of Page

bmoc

7 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  10:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
643 and longhorns several upgrades, astros and kennesaw about the same. prowlers, bulldogs, luck and scorpions this group has very little in terms of hitting and pitching. they will need a lot of work to develop their players.
Go to Top of Page

slamsdad

19 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  15:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont think longhorns is in same category with 643 or kennesaw
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  20:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't be fooled. The Longhorns are loaded with talent. They picked up some quality pitching and power hitting. They might be on par with the Astros.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the information for the fall State Championship?

And some fall teams are not the same as the spring team. I wouldn't read alot into fall. Some guys are playing football.
Go to Top of Page

bmoc

7 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  21:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slamsdad, I agree. u sound like u have good info on longhorns. Do they have the big sticks that I am hearing about and is your son on one of the ecb teams.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  18:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with JSCoda. I see a few surprises on the horizon.

As the boys age, new teams from other areas emerge. Cobb teams work harder to aggregate top talent sooner, and have the venues to do so. Other areas must work within a County, or City league system to gain field access, so take this path until their thirst for more becomes insatiable. By age 9, they begin to break their "glass ceiling", and venture out. After getting waxed once or twice, they re-load, and aggregate even more. By 10U, they've got all the talent they're going to get from their area, and begin the game of catch up. Once these teams jell...

There are ~800,000 Gwinnett residents. The have a Gestapo-like County system that prevents talent aggregation. The teams you see are in-effect all-star teams from a single school system cluster of 1-5 Elementary schools that are unable to recruit more than a few players from the outside due to County park regs. I see Coaches tiring of this, aggregating talent county-wide, and hitting the road...soon!

I've seen 9-year olds throwing 64 mph accurately, and 250' blasts in this age group in Gwinnett, but the boys are spread way too thin to win tourneys. If someone pulls a few of them together, and finds a place to practice...game on. Don't forget where Francoeur and McCann came from.

Has anyone noticed the H.S. Football talent down South? Don't think for a minute that this is a fluke. If a few of these 10U athletes decide to play some baseball... Remember JD Drew and his brother?

Go to Top of Page

slamsdad

19 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  21:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
who is these kids throwing 64?i havent seen any,and if i did they couldnt hit the backstop.i think the 2 kids from the bandits are the hardest throwers and they dont throw 64.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  21:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All counties have athletic talent. We changed parks not because one park had better kids than another, it was simple...coaching. What the teams around the Cobb, Fulton, Cherokee, ECB area have is KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE. Not all coaches are on this level.

Take those top coaches and put them in any county and they will become winners. And yes field availability is key. County facilites are great starting points. If you want to get better you have to play with better players / coaches.

Kids throwing this fast or hitting this far...happens everywhere. Now can he perform this way against other kids on his level on the big stage? That is after all what you are talking about...elite baseball or football.

Every place has great former athletes.......and those guys would be great any where they lived. Great athletes become a great team with great coaching. Find the great coaching and the rest will fall in place in Gwinnett county or around ECB.

I hope your team is the sleeper. We would play in a sand lot for the right coach. This will be a fun year.
Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  22:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the USSSA rankings....

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Rank2.asp?State=58&ClassID=61&SeasonID=12&RankSystem=2

Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  07:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see the ECB Scorpions and Longhorns are playing next week in a tournament at ATPP. This might tell us more about their talent for the upcoming season.

Triple Crown Fall Classic
Marietta , Georgia 9/26/2008 -9/28/2008
Go to Top of Page

you are out

34 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  13:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At 10U it certainly helps to have talent but what you do with that talent will show us which teams will rise to the top. From what I can tell from this stand point you have 6-4-3 with Pralgo who will get the most out of every kid on his team. Then you have most of the other coaches or should I say dads several steps behind talent or not.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000