Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wareagle

324 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  10:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
letemplay,

just curious how recently you did the Auburn camp. I am a huge Auburn fan, but we did their xmas camp 3 years ago and I was very disappointed. They have changed coaches since then but I have not tried any more of their camps. Hope they have improved.
Go to Top of Page

kaytrishjr

45 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  11:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post bballman!!! I know you thought you were rambling, but I read every word of it and totally agree, great advise!
Go to Top of Page

PeachFuzz

76 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  12:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious....Now that a couple of days have passed, how many kids showed up for the 6-4-3 13U tryout? According to 6-4-3's posting, they are planning on having (3) 13U teams.
My kid is in a different age group, so it's more of a curiosity thing than anything.....

Edited by - PeachFuzz on 08/03/2011 12:50:43
Go to Top of Page

justletemplay

46 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  16:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have only done the summer camp at Auburn.
Everyday they posted on the coaches door the results of that days results. Some days there were no "measures". But day one and two we received all that. We also got to talk to the coaches and could e mail them later for results q&a.
We did not do the camp this summer as it was the week before school started. He was coming off of HS summer ball and a week at another college camp. At the end of camp we could see the weeks results.
Last Christmas break we did UGA catchers 2 day camp. Lots of good work and a 2 day UF pitchers camp, more good work.
Go to Top of Page

Phattso

143 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  12:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeachFuzz

Just curious....Now that a couple of days have passed, how many kids showed up for the 6-4-3 13U tryout? According to 6-4-3's posting, they are planning on having (3) 13U teams.
My kid is in a different age group, so it's more of a curiosity thing than anything.....

My son was trying out, so I was there. I didn't see a list, but if I had to guess I would say there were 80+ at the "clinic". I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100. And yes, the plan is to have 3 teams at 13U. Very well run tryout/clinic!!!
Go to Top of Page

PeachFuzz

76 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  14:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long did it take for the notifications to come out? Do you know if all participants were notified (invitation and rejections)???
We're getting ready for 6-4-3 tryouts this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2011 :  16:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year, the tryouts for the 17's were on Sunday. They told the players to expect a call by Wednesday, so make up your mind by then if you want to be on the team because they expected a yes or no answer at that time.

I called coach on Monday to ask a question about something unrelated to whether or not son made the team and he offered us a spot at that time. He did give me a couple days to respond since it was so early. I guess the point is, they seem to make decisions pretty quick. If there are going to be make-up tryouts, they may need to wait until after that before all final decisions are made.

Younger age groups may be different, not sure about that.

Edited by - bballman on 08/04/2011 18:22:09
Go to Top of Page

Scatbat

39 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  22:13:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my son decided he wanted to go to the 15U tryouts at East Cobb for the first time! We just gotta go check it out for ourselves, Nice to see all the feed back and different opinions though. So now I guess we can give our own feedback.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000