NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 Gate Fee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

263 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  01:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not trying to start a debate on Gate Fees even though I think $7/person gate fee for state championship games last weekend are ridiculous. However that being said, we are going down to the USSSA World Series this summer in Panama City Beach. Does anyone know if there is a gate fee and if so how much? I have heard different things but want to hear from previous experienced people.

Edited by - 22202 on 06/24/2011 01:14:50

gabulldogs

29 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  10:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went last weekend and although I am a coach it was $8.00 a day or $25.00 weekend package for my wife. Kids 12 and under were free. I think that the World Series there next week has a team package of $300.00 that was paid with the entry fee so everyone will be allowed in free. Hope that helps. By the way. Try paying $10.00 a game at the Perfect Game tournaments. I mean come on, its a 14u baseball game.
Go to Top of Page

Riders Coach

22 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  10:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are going to USSSA in PCB next week. I have asked the TD 3 times about gate fees and he still will not tell me. The Texas USSSA WS lists gate fees as $30 per adult and $25 per child for week long passes. I assume it will be similar. Communication for USSSA in PCB has been terrible so far. We usually do Grand Slam, but had a young team this year and decided we would be better off with competition in USSSA. I think we will be back at GS next year based on my experience so far.
Go to Top of Page

AllStar

762 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  10:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 22202

I am not trying to start a debate on Gate Fees even though I think $7/person gate fee for state championship games last weekend are ridiculous. However that being said, we are going down to the USSSA World Series this summer in Panama City Beach. Does anyone know if there is a gate fee and if so how much? I have heard different things but want to hear from previous experienced people.

The last time we went it was $5, but that was a couple of years ago.

Good luck with the umps.
Go to Top of Page

ecbpappi

244 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  11:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 22202

I think they are the same for the world series unless your at Disney where it could be $14.50 a day!! ouch!
Go to Top of Page

prb978

8 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  18:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel your pain Riders Coach $80 this week in gate fees between me and my wife. You talk about a rip off!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

buzzworthy

19 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  22:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get me started on gate fees. Perfect Game is the absolute worst -- $10 for adults. And they ALWAYS make sure that you only play one game per day in pool play. I'll be shelling out $50 in gate fees this week at ECB just to see pool games. It's infuriating.
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  09:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buzzworthy

Don't get me started on gate fees. Perfect Game is the absolute worst -- $10 for adults. And they ALWAYS make sure that you only play one game per day in pool play. I'll be shelling out $50 in gate fees this week at ECB just to see pool games. It's infuriating.

Agreed, Perfect Game should re-asses there gate fees. $ 10 is way to much and becomes not doable for a lot of families out there. Family packages should be offered to get MORE siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents & friends to the park...not make it cost prohibitive ! Take into account, many Perfect Games are scheduled during the day so one parent already has to take a day off from work or take it without pay !
Go to Top of Page

sthrneagle

6 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  13:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is especially irritating to pay the $10 gate fee and then have the game get rained out in the 3rd inning. No way to get a refund. We have had that happen on several occasions.
Go to Top of Page

beanball

222 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  22:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PG is way over the top. Just look at the team entry fee, $1,300. Then you have the distinct pleasure of paying an additional gate fee of $10 just to watch your son play. I don' know about you but I didn't see any scouts at our games. Total BS.

Edited by - beanball on 06/25/2011 22:22:10
Go to Top of Page

baseball papa

123 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  09:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They asked Papa if he wanted the $10 day pass or an $80 per week pass. I told the girl I wouldn't pay $80 if the pass lasted a month. In the old days Papa would climb the fence to get into a football game as there was no money for recreation in the family budget. Years later I learned that you didn't have to pay for the high school football games but at least I got some fence climbing practice in. I am much too old now to climb the Perfect Game fences.
Go to Top of Page

spw12

10 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  19:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year our team paid the $300.00 and we paid no gate fees at Frank Brown Park in PCB. http://www.grandslamtournaments.com/tournament_detail.aspx?tournID=332
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  12:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseball papa

They asked Papa if he wanted the $10 day pass or an $80 per week pass. I told the girl I wouldn't pay $80 if the pass lasted a month. In the old days Papa would climb the fence to get into a football game as there was no money for recreation in the family budget. Years later I learned that you didn't have to pay for the high school football games but at least I got some fence climbing practice in. I am much too old now to climb the Perfect Game fences.

Don't believe Papa for a minute that he's too old etc. I went to a game a few weeks past and was looking for a place to "hop the fence" when I heard some noise ahead. I walked a little further and there was Papa, stuck on the fence ...or so I thought. Turns out, no need to hop the fence when you can sit on the fence and see the game. These were the best seats in the house ! It just goes to show you, Papa is never done teaching us "pups" his wisdom and worldly ways !!!!
Go to Top of Page

ECB_Insider

54 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  14:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfect game's week pass is $40 if I am not mistaken, so that makes the per day rate at $8 per day through pool play. If you play the next two days, that makes the daily rate, <$6, which is in line with other tournaments. I also believe they are not charging kids to get in, which always used to chap me terribly.

The reason for one per day is that just to play one game a day per team, they have 69 games being played per day. There is no more time in the day to play.

138 teams is a lot to cycle through.

23 pool winners + 9 Wildcards advance to Bracket play. It should be interesting how that shakes out.
Go to Top of Page

biged

198 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  15:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree the perfect game is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive. They should rename it the Perfect Rip off. I don't even go the events anymore. I just drop him off and pick him up. I have two girls and a wife. Much prefer to spend the 40 bucks a day on something else.

Hey Perfect game, imagine if you charged 5 dollars a head and 12 and under free. You may have made 15 a game off me instead of nothing.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  20:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biged

I agree the perfect game is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive. They should rename it the Perfect Rip off. I don't even go the events anymore. I just drop him off and pick him up. I have two girls and a wife. Much prefer to spend the 40 bucks a day on something else.

Hey Perfect game, imagine if you charged 5 dollars a head and 12 and under free. You may have made 15 a game off me instead of nothing.

Ditto, been dropping the boy off and picking him up after the game. Been watching him play since he was 5, so I'm good with missing some mid-week tourney pool games. Not worth $10 for these.
Go to Top of Page

buzzworthy

19 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  18:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Insider, the ONLY reason they schedule teams with one pool game per day is so you have to go to the park and pay each day your team plays. They could easily schedule teams with 2 games one day and none the next.
Go to Top of Page

biged

198 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  09:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buzzworthy, Good point.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000