General Discussion
 Cooperstown "Dreampark" vs. "Village" ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

loveit

26 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  09:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would like your input on the Cooperstown All Star Village experience. Is it worth the expense of going to New York to play in? Is it a "wannabe" with nothing special to offer or is it a comparable experience to the Dreampark? Don't hold back,please.

Goin Deep

140 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  11:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That depends if you are a major going up there to win it, or a AA that doesnt stand a chance. There are more 22-3 games than 5-4 games unfortunatly. If you are on the wrong end of the score, it can be a miserable experience. Plus, the weather ALMOST always does not cooperate and you will invariably play a midnight game.

We went at 10 (finished in top 10) and at 12 (finshed considerably lower, and here is the biggest difference....If you go at 10, there is only 1 10u week, so the best of the best is there, along with some wannabees (22-3 games)...If you go at 12, it is really watered down b/c there are 14+- weeks of 12u, so you get ALL kinds of teams.

I am speaking as a parent. The kids LOVE it! The expense doesnt come INSIDE the park, as concessions and souveneers are reasonable. It is the travel and accomodations that get you. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  12:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To date, the highlight of my son's and my, travel ball experience has been Cooperstown at 12U. I'm not sure if he or I had more fun ! A few of us dad's rented a farmhouse 15 minutes away from the Dreams Park. No kids, no wives...no girlfriends...just 4-5 dad's kicking it acting like we were young again !!! My son, I had to text him and request he call me he was having soooo much fun. It's kind of special then when I asked him what was the best part of his experience....."when I visited the Baseball Hall of Fame with you dad " ! To this day it still chokes me up.

It didn't hurt we were fortunate to make it into the finals and my sone won the speed competition....truly a special experience for us !!! We are still reminiscing and talking about it years later !!!
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  12:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
deep - great break down but you didn't tell us which tournament your experience was in. I am assuming you are talking Dreams Park.
Go to Top of Page

gafan

66 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  14:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not speaking from experience, but from a friend whose older son went last year to All star village and said it was much better.... A/C quarters and fewer teams so they got to know many of them (but still plenty of competition) They are pushing for our team to go to all star village next year @ 12.
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  15:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loveit

Would like your input on the Cooperstown All Star Village experience. Is it worth the expense of going to New York to play in? Is it a "wannabe" with nothing special to offer or is it a comparable experience to the Dreampark? Don't hold back,please.

We went Last year. I was very glad to be asked to stay with the kids as a coach. This was the best time I had so far with my son. It was top notch. I would suggest to do a flyover on Google maps on both places. Big difference. Forgot to say we went the first week of July and we had 90+ degrees everyday there. As far as the Allstar Village I don't know but if I had to choose, sorry Allstar, Dreamspark is for me.
Go to Top of Page

4bagger

131 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Star Village loves families.
CDP does not.
Go to Top of Page

Goin Deep

140 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  18:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shut Out

deep - great break down but you didn't tell us which tournament your experience was in. I am assuming you are talking Dreams Park.

Shut out...You are correct. Sorry. Cooperstown Dreams Park, both years....
Go to Top of Page

SouthSide24

44 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  20:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cooperstown Dreams Park is one of the best experiences I have ever been a part of.
Go to Top of Page

DoubleD

33 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to Dreams Park in 2008 and 2009.

Don't know much about All Star Village other than this...
While out trading pins one day two players approached wanting to trade pins with us. We couldn't find their team on the list and they told us they came over from the All Star Village to trade pins!
We asked them if they liked All Star Village and both said they wished they were playing at Dreams Park instead.
I felt real bad for those kids cause they saw the difference.

Dreams Park is baseball heaven and should not be missed.

Edited by - DoubleD on 05/05/2011 21:52:31
Go to Top of Page

SouthSide24

44 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  23:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cooperstown Dreams Park best experience ever. No other tournament comes close. Wish I had a 12 year old going this year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000