New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  15:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pitchers standing on the mound rather than throwing warm ups, because one of the 7 coaches in the dugout doesn't realize the catcher hasn't gotten dressed yet.

Having cooler restrictions at the ballpark when its 95 degree out, and then charging $2 for bottled warm water.

Sing song chants that start with "down by the _______ cemetery"

Dad sitting on the fence in Left field directing his son, who is playing left field.

Tournament Directors that play in a monsoon to get in the third game,just so they don't have to give back any entry fees

Parents (and coaches) trash talking the pitcher/batter/fielder/ etc.

Umpires who call ball and wont tell you how far off the pitch was

Fields with scoreboards that do not get turned on, ever.

Teams that run up the score - no difference in winning 15-0 vs 27 - 0.

coaches (or parents ) stealing signs

Teams that think they are "elite" because they beat up on AA and younger teams playing up

Umpires that fail to realize that tagging a kid in the face means that 3 1/2 feet of him got to the bag BEFORE the tag was made - he is safe.

Parents that leave their chairs set up behind the backstop, when there game is over and they have a 2 game break before the next game

Go to Top of Page

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  15:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passed balls by the catcher that cost us the game

Losing a game to a team that have no earned runs
Go to Top of Page

Gwinnett

791 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  16:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MAN, I feel better already....lol....lol I can't stop laughing! Everything I forgot to put everyone else remembered and a lot more...lol
Go to Top of Page

christheump

351 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  16:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spartan4

Maybe coaches that say balk are saying it because the umpire wont call them?? We play at the 11U major level and that is WAY TOO LATE to teach kids about balks....When we played at the 9U level I believe more balks were called. The boys that balk don't need a warning they need some coaching. Chris, are you the kind of umpire who lets the boys balk continuously? Some umpires will say, "they are 11 coach"...but that is besides the point, if balks are not correctly called coaches cannot correctly teach base runners to get leads or steal. No offense to any umpires but calling balks should be a part of the game like balls and strikes IMO..

I follow the guidelines specified in the USSSA rules. When I called 9 & 10 I did give some room on balks, but called the major ones: no pause, turn shoulder, or not disengaging the rubber on a fake to first. On the other infractions, I would go to the head coach and tell him what I was seeing.

When I am doing 11 and up...they are on a VERY TIGHT leash with me. My partner calls me the balk king. Parents and Coaches dont like it(the famous "They are only 11 blue!", but when its the other team, they dont mind. I've called a balk on a pitcher 3 times in one inning before.

Edited by - christheump on 04/13/2011 16:19:11
Go to Top of Page

bball-fan

89 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  17:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When a team is playing the next game, and the players/fans take over the entire bleachers so that the current team's parents don't have room.

Go to Top of Page

Storm Baseball

212 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  17:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umpires that don't know that a pitcher is supposed to have "somewhat" of a pause before going home with a base runner on!!! Geez!!! Or umpires that get mad when I point it out that he is not pausing!

Edited by - Storm Baseball on 04/13/2011 20:29:15
Go to Top of Page

field6

72 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  18:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody is a superstar future major league baseball player. Parents who brag on their kid to much. Bouncy mound's. Umpires strike zones not consistent. Pressure on the pitchers. Gate fees for senior citizens. Lastly, paying a house note for a house that I'm never at during baseball season.
Go to Top of Page

Goin Deep

140 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  19:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

baseballwarrior

8 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  20:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Players that foul tip the ball and then act like the catcher interfered with their swing at the direction of the dugout and an umpire that after the fact allows it.
Go to Top of Page

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  23:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People that sit right behind home plate and ring COW bells!!
Go to Top of Page

jongamefan

218 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  00:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Parents talking poorly about the players on either team.

Parents talking poorly about the coaches on either team : like they have a clue 90% of the time how to do it themselves.

Parents who couldn't care less how the team succeeds only how their kids succeeds : and when he doesn't guess whose fault that is (see B)

Parents not teaching their kids how to respect one other
(see all above)
Go to Top of Page

seminole tony

147 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  09:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.Teams and fans that leave trash after their games (in dug out and on bleachers).
2.Families with small children whom bang their hot wheels on the bleachers during the whole game.
3.Older boys(12-and up) whom still pull tantrums and cry about bad plays.
4.Finding out you forgot something at home(usually expensive...Camera,pop-up canopy,cleats)and have to run to Wally World to replace.
5.Slow food establishments that you visit in between games that push it close to game time before you get served.
6.Fans that have to re-tell a play(over and over) after you just finished watching it.
7.Umpires that show up late for games. Not you Chris
8.No toilet paper in john and you parked two miles away (for your private stash in the vehicle).
9.Dry Counties
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  09:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coaches that have 30 minute after game speeches
Coaches that make their team run after a game "as punishment"
Crying during a game, unless injured!
Parents that mentally want other kids to fail.
umpires that make you move your ball bucket between innings but think it's fine to leave their water cooler right next to where the ball bucket was.
Crappy baseballs being put into play around the 5th inning.
No timers on the scoreboards
No distance markers on fields
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops, almost forgot:

Teams running up the score on an obviously weaker team - winning a game 31-2 that they could have just as easily won 17-2

Pageant dads

Parents conspiring to destroy a team over jealousy

Rent-a-players for big tournaments - seeing a kid on 17 different teams across 3 age groups in one season of ball!

Pitchers throwing 120 pitches in a game because coaches want to win

seeing a coach pull a player off the field after he makes a minor error

$200 - $300 bats that dent after 1 weekend

Go to Top of Page

kaytrishjr

45 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Playing all weekend in 90 degree weather just to get a little medallion in the championship.
Go to Top of Page

ChinMusic

126 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coaches that conduct their post-game meeting, running, whatever BEFORE clearing the dugout for the next game and team waiting to get in. Of course, this wouldn't apply if it's the Championship game.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Players who are poor sports when they lose and don't shake the hands of the other team
Go to Top of Page

zwndad

170 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coaches from other teams who try to recruit your players during a game. Time & place for everything people. Let the parents watch their kids play.
Go to Top of Page

Stinger44

49 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kaytrishjr

Playing all weekend in 90 degree weather just to get a little medallion in the championship.

Believe me I know what you mean!
The boys won a tourney a few weeks ago, and I promise, stamped on the back of the very cheesy medallion was... 'Santiago Chile Knights of Columbus Futbol Club good sportsmanship (runner up) 2003'
I have no idea where they found them.

Edited by - Stinger44 on 04/14/2011 11:35:55
Go to Top of Page

Hillio

123 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain-outs after driving 2 hours one way to get to a tournament.

Rain-outs.

Did I mention rain-outs?

Umpires that take 30-45 minute breaks between each and every game regardless of how short the previous contest was. And despite the fact the weather is nice and cool, and you're team is trying to hurry and get their game in before the typhoon hits so they can avoid a rain-out.

Those crappy little plywood mounds that they use for 10U in Dalton, that all but preclude one from pitching from the windup without risk of bodily harm.

Outfield grass that hasn't been cut in who knows how long.

Opposing pitchers that pitch too slow

Time limits - except when they are to our advantage :)

Too many walks

Having your team pitch a no-hitter and still lose the game because of too many walks.

Losing to teams that we have no business losing to.

Getting 20 hits and 15 runs vs a team with good pitching, and then struggling to get 4 or 5 runs in the next game vs a team that doesn't really have any pitching. (If anyone figures that one out, you'll have a lucrative business on your hands)

Edited by - Hillio on 04/14/2011 12:07:12
Go to Top of Page

baserunner

115 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  13:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Battling the traffic to make it to 6PM WEEKNIGHT GAMES!!!!

Edited by - baserunner on 04/14/2011 14:29:33
Go to Top of Page

coachtony

236 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  13:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I CAN'T STAND the baseball aliens!!!!

(you know the ones...they sneak into my players bedrooms on Saturday Night and replace them with zombies for Sunday)

--T

Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  15:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1-The long ride home if things don't go well enough for certain people in our vehicle.
2-Clueless parents who ask me things that the tournament director probably doesn't even know the answer to and the answer doesn't have any bearing on anything.
3-Clueless parents who call me the day OF pool play and ask me for directions or what uniform to wear
4-Cluless parents who INSIST on it being social hour in the stands while the rest of us are trying to watch the dang game
5-Clueless parents who think their kid should catch, pitch and play SS all at the same time while batting 4th, no 3rd, no 4th, no 3rd, no lead off...
6-Clueless parents who never offer to help do the book, keep the scoreboard, chase foul balls, bring the team cooler etc.
7-Clueless parents who never do anything from #6 because they are too busy whining that little Johnny who bats .111 and boots every ground ball is a sub
8-Coaches who listen to #7 and bat little Johnny 4th in the next game and let him play SS
9-Clueless parents who think I give a rip when they complain to me about #8 - like I have any control over the situation.

Gee - I think things might go better if the parents weren't allowed in the park!!!

10-And yes - all those other things like not dragging fields between games, non-working scoreboards, cheapy portable mounds and other things that your entry fee should cover...
Go to Top of Page

loveforthegame25

448 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  18:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I SECOND THE NASTY BATHROOMS UMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  08:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Untied shoes - you get 2-4 ab's a game HAVE YOUR SHOES TIED!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000