New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way. Who makes the best baseball boombox? Maybe we all just need to get on the band wagon.

We have actually never played against a team that had a boombox, so my opinion could change. Music between innings sounds like fun. It would get both teams going. I would love to play some walk up music for my son, but I have always been afraid it would seem like we were showing off.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

By the way. Who makes the best baseball boombox? Maybe we all just need to get on the band wagon.

We have actually never played against a team that had a boombox, so my opinion could change. Music between innings sounds like fun. It would get both teams going. I would love to play some walk up music for my son, but I have always been afraid it would seem like we were showing off.

The one we use is made by ION Audio. They were selling them at Sam's Clubs recently for $100. They are battery operated and have a port to plug in your iPod/iPhone. Has a telescoping handle and wheels for portability. I have an extra one in my garage new in the box if anyone is interested in buying it.
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

If you want to go "big time" check out tubintunes.com - kind of frivolous, but fun
Go to Top of Page

Gwinnett

791 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  12:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You think boomboxs are bad in boys baseball--->check out girls softball! I swear I've seen boomboxs so elaborate it had to cost a small fortune! There's NOTHING they don't bring to softball. People bring golf carts to tow trailors of STUFF in for these tournaments. I guess if your going to play up to 9 games in one day your going to be comfortable.....lol They even bring BIG outdoor AC units.....lol Genarators, you name it--they bring it...lol

Honestly, this is where I have gotten most of my ideas of what to bring to baseball.

Edited by - Gwinnett on 04/14/2011 13:18:07
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  13:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gwinnett

There's NOTHING they don't bring to softball.

My daughter's played travel for about 6 years now, and it never ceases to amaze me - A/C units and mist systems during the summer, heaters and tarps for those cold tournaments. Teams set up campers for between games in the parking lots, just amazing...
Go to Top of Page

coach0512

123 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  17:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having coached 12U travel softball and spent over 12 hours a day at tournaments playing up to 6 games a day in Georgia July those girls deserve the AC units and campers. I honestly don't see my basbeall team doing that, of course the pitching is tougher........
Go to Top of Page

bmwac

29 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  20:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a Bose wave system with a battery and carry case, not the cheapest thing in the world, but we already had I for home use. I just got the battery and carry case for baseball (and of course the beach)!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000