General Discussion
 Tournament Directors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  12:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love these tourney directors that "lay down the law", and state in there paperwork for state championship tournaments....that the cutoff date for accepting an at large bid is at a certain date and time, but still allow for teams to trickle in 24-48 hours after the almighty "CUTOFF TIME". It is clearly stated that any team that has not mailed a check to the director's office, postmarked by 06/15/10 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to participate in the tournament.....guess the "Good Ol Boy Network" is still alive in kicking on the southside of town!!!

Be so glad when an association with some integrity for there association instead of there wallets comes in pushes these guys out of town!!!!

Edited by - WestCoastGuru on 06/16/2010 14:22:22

biggin

174 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  07:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aren't they free and what team talkin about
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  08:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top 4 teams this year gets a FREE birth.....But you know, it's all about the money, for a nominal fee, you can buy your way into the state tourney this year.

Of course I can't name teams on here, lets just say the teams that the TD allowed in are from his program!!!! HOW CONVENIENT BUBBA!
Go to Top of Page

patent pending

66 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  10:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let them play ball. The more teams the better. Let the games determine whos # 1.
Go to Top of Page

biggin

174 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  10:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really clear on what state tournement you are talkin about. Top 4 teams of what?
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  12:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The top two winners of Sub-State tournaments get a free bid into the state tournament.

Biggin, the poing that I am trying to get across is.....B.S. bends the rules for the teams that he is affiliated with, what's the point of having stipulations and rules for some teams, but not for others???
Go to Top of Page

biggin

174 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  13:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trust me I have been extremly dissapointed with usssa this year. But nowhere is it set that top 2 in sub state get birth that is determined by how many teams play in sub state. I was told before subs started that they would give berths away after both weeks of sub state with priority givin to teams that played both weeks. Also none of teams playin in state have to pay for this weekend. I hope that usssa looks at changing how they do state tournement. I would prefer they open it up to all. Anyway if a team wanted to play in state they should have played last 2 weeks also if a team qualifies thru sub state and doesn't want to play in state they should go to next in line.
Go to Top of Page

biggin

174 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  13:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also I only no of 2 teams that b.s. Is connected to 1 is playin this weeken 1 is not
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  16:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year we played 11 USSSA events, this year 1. However, I do like how they put a stop to post-season sandbagging. We decided to sit out this year to see if Bubba can turn things around. I think the jury is still out on whether or not he was successful.

The Forsyth County Slugfest and the 11U Major States are their best events. Falls off quite a bit after those IMHO.
Go to Top of Page

ecbstars

62 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  00:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the props and glad you guys had a great end of year event. I hope everyone has had a good experience @ EC this year in USSSA. I will say I wonder if we were the __________ (fill in the blank) major state tourney if we could have attracted more than 11 teams. Maybe the format is tough for teams with a long drive? Prob more? As I understand things...playing whatever level through out the year gurantees entry no matter what. But if there is a cutoff date...?
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  21:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey WESTCOAST, you should no your facts before posting false info on any web-site or running the choppers at a ball field about "me" bending rules for anybody and the ONLY team i have any affiliation with is my own sons 9u team. (that earned there berth last weekend in Monroe by finishing 2nd in the sub-state) You obviously don't know me very well and have not given yourself that chance. You make some very big statements in these post not to have a clue to what your talking about. I for one had "zero" to do with who got at large invites and who didn't. Don't attack me or my integrity behind a key board. This Good OL Boy from the southside has worked long and hard in youth baseball in this state to earn the rep i have. So ask around and get your fact's straight before running your mouth. Or , i have a better idea, call me direct. I am not hard to find....This will be my last post on this topic.
Bubba Smith
678-467-2172
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  09:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bubba: I would for everyone to know that I think you have been the most responsive and honest Director that I could have hoped for. I believe if they gave you some additional authority that you might right the past wrongs of USSSA. But I do not believe that you have this authority or that you will be getting it any time soon as when I get to you which is very easy I am generally told to call Matt which is the where the problem generally stays and nothing is done so I expect the status quo to remain as it has been or deteriorate even more.

In your opinion, Has the participation as a whole not just the big events grown or suffered in USSSA. Why only 3 teams in some divisions in the Super NIT's in Florida which by the way gets 4 while the participation in all age groups off the charts in Georgia and we get 1.

I would like so suggest that you write a article on what changes you are hoping to see that will benefit the teams of Georgia and what USSSA plans on doing to address the concerns of Georgia USSSA Baseball.
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  20:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea i complained my roster was frozen and low and behold i had director (not local) tell me i was now allowed 2 write in players. See what an entry fee will get you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000