General Discussion
 FLORDIA DOMINATES 11U SUPER NIT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  22:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa had the privlege of watching the last few games of the 11U Super NIT in the major division Sunday. I watched Sandtown lose to the Bay Bombers and I feel sure that Sandtown would make no excuses but Papa will say that they played a great tournament especially when you consider that this was their first time out this year. They have been on the basketball court and have just got around to the baseball thing and they still land in the final 4 going down to the Bay Bombers and this only shows the athleticism they possess. Team Georgia found out that there is more than one way to skin a cat and didn't see many fast balls this weekend. You have to have a complete game to compete in this arena and Team Georgia will now go back and work out some kinks and I promise be back with revenge in their hearts.

MBA Pride was all that was advertised and showed Papa plenty to be concerned about but they turned out to be the 3rd best team from Florida this weekend. I really thought that the Bay Bombers would win when MBA Pride went down but the Lynn Haven Longhorns had other ideas and once again it has been proved that on any given weekend the 11U champion could change. Lynn Haven seems to have a great team and Papa and the Bandits can't wait to share some field time with them.

It appears that Northern Florida has taken the mantle from Central and South Florida and until MBA, Pembroke, and some of the others take it back the championship of Florida must now come through the white beaches of Panama City Beach and the home of the 11U Super NIT champion the Lynn Haven Longhorns.

All of the Florida teams came ready to play and has officially set the standard for us Georgia teams. I will promise the sunshine boys that we will begin to get better as we have now seen with our own eyes what we are up against. And Papa promises that the Florida boys know that this is only the first shots fired in what has become one of the greatest border rivalrys in the entire nation. I tell the nation that all of these great teams from Georgia and Florida have the utmost respect for each other and all of us know that if we don't bring our "A" game every single time then we could go down in a blaze of glory.

General Troy and the Bandits are putting together a raiding party and plan on crossing the border in 2 weeks to mix it up with the Florida and Alabama Boys in the Alabama Super NIT.

Papa officially declares the 11U division as the strongest top to bottom in the nation. Let the other divisions display as much pride and passion for the game as this group and I will give the credit that is due that division.

ljames

48 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  11:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
baseballpapa...

I didn't get a chance to meet you this weekend, but did see you leaving Heritage Park. I was about to run you down but decided on another time. I did point you out to my son though who I've told about you a couple of times. It was good to have a face to go with the name, but hopefully next time I can make it a formal introduction.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  12:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry that I missed you but I did see several hundreds of my friends and the Bandits warm up jacket Coach Troy made for me with baseball papa stitched on the back has allowed me to meet many new friends. I have to be more careful of what I say now that my name is on the jacket. I think this might have been Coach Troy's intentions all along.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000