General Discussion
 Papa the Traffic Navigator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  18:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa has just gotten to Exit 218 and I am now in the room at the Holiday Inn Express. I can't tell what room due to my reputation being what it is but I can tell you that it took 1 hour 15 minutes to navigate 18 miles of Interstate Highway.

I have spoke with several people and have come up with a real plan. Go to the airport and park in long term parking. Papa has leased a helicopter that will shuttle you to your field. (Nominal fee and tip will be needed for the helicopter.)

Papa is a country boy. If I had to fight this traffic every day I would most likely pull what little is left of my hair out.

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  21:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa you need one of those GPS's with traffic reports built in and that will provide alternate routes...if you can find an alternate route.
Go to Top of Page

Peanutsr

171 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  22:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
18 miles in 1hr 15min. So what you're saying is that traffic was moving pretty good. Are you coming back to town for Freaknic?
Go to Top of Page

coachtony

236 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  00:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to leave Sandy Springs and wanted to be in Locust Grove by 7pm to catch the Iron Pigs and PTC Bats game that was played before ours. I left at 4:30p and pulled into the parking lot at Warren Holder field at 7:25p. I felt like I had already coached a double header by the time I got there....so, if anyone wants to go in that copter I may be willing to pay my fair share ;)

--T

Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  09:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! - I wouldn't think the traffic would be that bad going south on Friday, but instead be going north. I hope the competition is worth it.
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  13:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We left the house at 4:45 on Friday, and got to the field at 6:40 for a 7:00 game. Left at 10:00 Pm and drove honme, and had to be back at the field at 8:00 this morning. Our next game is t 7:50 tonight, if we win that one, we play agian at 9:00 tomorrow morning. No sleep this weekend...

Go to Top of Page

coachtony

236 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  18:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

We left the house at 4:45 on Friday, and got to the field at 6:40 for a 7:00 game. Left at 10:00 Pm and drove honme, and had to be back at the field at 8:00 this morning. Our next game is t 7:50 tonight, if we win that one, we play agian at 9:00 tomorrow morning. No sleep this weekend...

Wow....tough draw DD....I feel for you, I really do. Congrats on the big wins so far....going 2-0 against teams that were picked by some to win the whole tournament is a feat in itself. I knew the C-Pool would be competitive. Nice job!

--T

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000