General Discussion
 Best Pitcher's 10u & 11u
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bturner

231 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who are the best 10 & 11 year old pitchers?

Remember no names!!!

11's The big 4 Bandits. All 4 are GREAT!
Gamers Red has one very good one
HP Lawson has a tall dominate one.
643 Jags has a smooth lefty

10's ??????

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  14:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10u - I think the Signature Park RH kid who played with the GA Grip last year has to be up near the top.
Go to Top of Page

ecbinsider

318 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  15:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the 10's, that kid (#25) from the Stars is really good.
Go to Top of Page

oldschooldad

203 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  21:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO it is much too early to tell who the top pitcher may be. I did see the Signature Park RH throw. He is a good ball player but I did not see an fastball approach 60 as noted in a previous post.

Also what make a good pitcher at this age? all of strike outs, good control, a change up or curve? alot of team would probably prefer a kid that walks few batters and keeps the ball low. I believe that speed pitch is WAY of rated.
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  22:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fellas dont take offense but you are cracking me up ranking 11 year old 5th grade pitchers !

Edited by - coachdan06 on 03/10/2010 09:15:13
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  08:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with oldschooldad on this one. The speed of the pitch is not what will make the pitcher great. The Bandits coaches preach control. Make the other team earn their win. I have seen pitchers walk 2-3 batters in one inning, then comes a couple of steals, and then the ever present passed ball (especially in the 10's) and now you have 2 runs that have scored and the bat has not touched the ball. So being able to throw the ball across the plate is huge at this age.

Speed is more of a luxury than a necessity. The top 4 pitchers of the Bandits set their fast ball up with the off speed and when you start looking for the change up and you get the fast ball it makes it even harder to hit. What most people forget is that the 3 other Bandits pitcher are almost as successful as the top 4 and they do by keeping the hitters off balance, hitting their corners, and by not walking anyone.

The most successful pitchers the Bandits have faced in the 11's have good control, are good at keeping hitters off balance, good at holding the runners, and have a good off speed pitch regardless of how fast he is throwing it.

It's amazing to Papa that these kids have learned as much as they have at 10 and 11 years old.
Go to Top of Page

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not about throwing hard. It is about location and keeping the batters off balance. I'll take a kid with control that has few walks and throws for a lot of ground balls any day.
Go to Top of Page

mikewells

45 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  09:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo Dan- O ! I feel ya on this one actually having an 11 year old playing the game tho' not a pitcher.

Its kinda silly for sure and I can bet my wages the pitchers theyre rating are either on their own team they coach - or are their own sons !!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by coachdan06

Fellas dont take offense but you are cracking me up ranking 11 year old 5th grade pitchers !

Go to Top of Page

clg003

79 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  10:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its is kind of funny but we are reading it nonetheless so I guess we are laughing at ourselves as well.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  11:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coachdan06: I understand what you are saying but our kids are as special to us as your 15-16 year old is to you. We understand that there is absolutely no reason to rank these young boys and that there is no college scout out there looking at these rankings but it is fun for us so please go rain on someone else's parade in your own age group. And there is no offense taken as we know exactly what you are saying.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 03/10/2010 16:50:55
Go to Top of Page

bturner

231 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike
Your wages would be lost. Every kid I rated has nothing to do with me or my team. They are kids that I have seen and enjoy watching pitch. The 4 I mentioned from the Bandits have made an impression on all who have seen them. Again I am in no way a coach or parent on the 11u Bandits.
quote:
Originally posted by mikewells

Yo Dan- O ! I feel ya on this one actually having an 11 year old playing the game tho' not a pitcher.

Its kinda silly for sure and I can bet my wages the pitchers theyre rating are either on their own team they coach - or are their own sons !!!!!

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  09:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The four kids on the Bandits are the four best pitchers I have seen in a couple of years.
Go to Top of Page

bturner

231 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  14:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to add 2 more 11's. The big kid from Hp Lawson. #22 from Sandtown
Go to Top of Page

Spartan4

913 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  20:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 4 Bandits kids are the best. Period

A problem I see is it doesn't matter how dominant or good a pitcher is at this age. If the team behind him doesn't play good defense the pitcher will try WAY to hard and won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn. I have also noticed in 2 of the 3 tourney's we have played in this year different strike zones for different speeds. Our 3 boys who really bring it have a tighter zone than the kids pitching at slower speeds. The thing I always stress is to keep the walk numbers way down. Walks ALWAYS score!!

Edited by - Spartan4 on 03/12/2010 22:34:11
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  01:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

coachdan06: I understand what you are saying but our kids are as special to us as your 15-16 year old is to you. We understand that there is absolutely no reason to rank these young boys and that there is no college scout out there looking at these rankings but it is fun for us so please go rain on someone else's parade in your own age group. And there is no offense taken as we know exactly what you are saying.

Papa : no raining intended just observations from decades of the game Sir.

And thanks for the compliment on my age but if my boys are 16 Im back to the 1980s
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  08:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spartan4 makes a really good point with the walks. The 4 Bandits pitchers and for that matter all of the Bandits pitchers issue very few walks with many entire games being played with 0-2 walks per game. Spartan4 is also right that most of the walks issued ends up scoring a run. Papa would like to know if there is a stat kept on how many of the walks end up scoring the run. Spartan4 is also very right in that the team's defense gives confidence to the pitcher. If the pitcher knows his team will catch the ball he doesn't mind inducing the ground ball.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  13:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry coachdan06: Didn't know you was as old as Papa and that explains the music thing. If they had played music back in your day it would had to have been a live band as their were no CD's back in them days. We will keep having fun at this young age and just hope that it doesn't distract anyone.
Go to Top of Page

gasbag

281 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  12:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry coachdan06: Didn't know you was as old as Papa and that explains the music thing. If they had played music back in your day it would had to have been a live band as their were no CD's back in them days. We will keep having fun at this young age and just hope that it doesn't distract anyone.

Papa - Gassy here trying to help you out....so far I have three volunteers for your band. So far I have a washboard, jug and mouth harp....I'm searching for someone who plays a mean saw as well as someone who can hit some trash can lids for our rythm section. Have I overlooked anything ? Should we not find a suitable trash can player, I have an ace in the hole.....my cuzin does some very special things with spoons, but he is so popular, his availability is limited ! We need some practice time....when is the first game ?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  20:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gasbag: But me an coachdan06 can't stand too much excitement at one time. I am thinking now that that the 06 in coachdan stands for his birthday 1906. Just kidding coachdan06. Back in our day the only music came through a thing called a transistor radio. If you get the band together I will convince coachdan06 that me and him will be the lead singers and dress up like the guys from "KISS". Then you can tell them that the DOCTOR is in the house.
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  23:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks gasbag: But me an coachdan06 can't stand too much excitement at one time. I am thinking now that that the 06 in coachdan stands for his birthday 1906. Just kidding coachdan06. Back in our day the only music came through a thing called a transistor radio. If you get the band together I will convince coachdan06 that me and him will be the lead singers and dress up like the guys from "KISS". Then you can tell them that the DOCTOR is in the house.

Fire up the Victrola Talking Machine Papa !

We'll show these young whippersnappers how to swing

Go to Top of Page

dirtdawgs

58 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  23:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa I will give you a stat. At a recent tournament I tracked first pitch importance. If the pitcher threw strike one the on base percentage was 280. If he threw ball one it was 670. Talk about importance of getting ahead.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000