Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 Baseball Sponsorship / fundraising Ideas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  12:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the best why to find baseball Sponsors? and good fundraising ideas? The cost is getting higher as my son's age increases and would like some ideas. We usually sell coupon books and do a garage sale in the Spring, but as we play more tournaments this may not be enough. I've been able to get friends to sponsor, but it is a tough sale to other businesses.

Edited by - Whitlow on 12/28/2009 12:50:39

PS Iron Pigs

129 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  16:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hit up all the restaurants and businesses that we frequently use as a family. Golf Tournaments are always good as well. We had one in the fall and are planning another in May to fund our PCB trip in July. You can also throw in a Texas Hold 'em Tournament as well.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  00:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried with the restaurants with no success so far, but I don't know if the restaurants I can afford to go to like Wendy's and McDonald's do sponsorships.

Edited by - Whitlow on 12/29/2009 09:45:33
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  09:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard from 10bb that the Texas Holdem tournaments can be really productive for fundraising. Just be careful that the winner doesn't receive "cash" at the end. A nice gift card or a flat screen TV will do just fine.
Go to Top of Page

PS Iron Pigs

129 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  11:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flat Screen TV for the winner? When and where? I'm not the best at cards, but I will certainly try! :)
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  12:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In talking to a lawyer about the Texas Holdem tournaments, to keep from getting into trouble, you have to set the rules where people pay X amount to enter, and receive X amount of chips. Once they are out of chips, they are out. They cannot buy more. Otherwise you run into what is considered by the state as gambling.

I did not think that the prize, whether it was cash, TV, car, etc was as much of the issue as you keeping it where every participant has equal chance of winning.

I would make sure you have clarification on this before putting one on, even if you have put one on before. Just because you did not get caught before, does not mean you won't get caught the next time.

They are a great fundraiser, though. People really seem to like them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000