General Discussion
 USSSA National Meeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  07:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Headed to California for USSSA National Meeting this week. Hope to come back with tons of information. This is where most World Series dates and and rule changes are announced. ( pitching rules are changing) I will have limited time to check messages but i will check them.
Also, bmoser mentioned last week about us having a USSSA coach's meeting to discuss rules,rosters and tournaments. I think that is a great idea and is something i am going to try and make happen. It will have to be in January and i am going to look for a location after Thanksgiving. It will be open for all coach's that want to come, so give me some feed back on how you feel the attendence would be. This will play a big role in what type of site i would look for.

Mike Corbin

523 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  10:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully, the rules will change to actually protect some of these kids arms. The rules allow for to many innings in a weekend in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  22:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good topic within Mike. Some don't like the Triple Crown pitching rules but I for one appreciate Triple Crown looking out for the kids. What do you others think would be a solution to not allowing the kids to be overpitched. What kind of limit are you guys thinking.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  09:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now would be a perfect time for USSSA to make a resurgence in Georgia with Signature Park on the horizon. No rain-outs on their artificial turf fields. With EC AND Signature Park, I can imagine tourneys with 200 teams becoming common. I think I'll buy a hotel in Alpharetta (midpoint between the two complexes is where teams will stay).

I think the meeting should be held where most of your current customers are which is South metro between 75 and 85 and just off 285. Schedule it around boys hoops (Saturday's) and NFL football playoffs (see Wikipedia for dates). MLK day is Monday Jan 18.

Have folks submit questions beforehand because a totally open forum will take too long and could get out of hand. No war stories or complaints, just suggestions for improvement. We re-build it together, the way we all want it, and the way it works best for all concerned, but mostly the boys.

I'll make the 1st suggestion. Post all results in the AJC. Who doesn't like to see their name in the paper? Still need trophy's for 10U on down, but use some of the savings to replace metals w/trophy's.

Edited by - bmoser on 11/16/2009 11:20:24
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  10:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think going to a pitch count is feasible because that would require a tournament to have a knowledgeable, independent, person at each game to keep up with it.

I would like to see the "Can't pitch 3 days in a row.." rule revisited. It was removed last year, I believe. I could see having it that "A player may pitch a 3rd day, consecutively, if they have not pitched more than 2 innings in each of the previous two days." This would allow a team to use a closer who could come in and pitch an inning or two on Friday, an inning or two on Sat, and a few remaining innings on Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

Stickman316

37 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  11:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GAUSSSA -- Extra Innings Cartersville would love to be the host for the USSSA Rules/Coaches meeting! We have a team room you could use or we can open our tunnels (sliding divider nets) and give you a 45 X 70 area (3150 sq ft).
I would love to host this event. WE could do some giveaways, prizes, etc. Let me know. Todd 770-382-0411
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  11:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think USSSA pitching rules are too liberal. I also think Triple Crown are a little too restrictive. Needs to be somewhere in between. USSSA - 12 innings counting 1/3 of an inning = too much. 3Crown - 7 innings counting one pitch as an entire inning too restrictive.

My vote would be for the rule to be 7 innings, but using 1/3 of an inning. That way you could have a kid come in to get out of a jam with 2 outs and only use 1/3 of an inning instead of a whole inning. 12 innings using 1/3's is just too much. I don't think our team ever had a kid use up all of his innings in a USSSA tournament. On the other hand, it was a struggle with 3Crown. Come in to get one out and you have used up a whole inning. Thing with 3Crown is that even with a week long tournament, it is still the same rules. Personally, I like my suggestion. Much more reasonable.
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  15:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me re-phrase that. I would consider not letting my kid play for a team if the coach didnt protect his arm. Do not count on national organizations doing it for you. And if its not your kid your worried about then it is probably not your business ;}
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  00:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking in with you guys while in Californa. I'm thinking we may have to hold 2 coach's meetings. Just to many people for one. I say we have one on the Northside for all the North Atlanta and North Ga. teams and one on the Southside for the rest of the coach's. What is everyone's thought on that. However we do it. This meeting will happen. Take care guys....
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  09:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
moser: I saw you post on Signature Park. When do you think it will be open and what do you feel would be the best event that they could host as a coming out party. We could all work together and make sure the very best of teams came and maybe even have enough teams to play classes (AA, AAA, and Major).

Bandits would be honored to be able to help kick start this new park even if it is on the wrong side of town for us. As you know the Bandits love to travel almost as much as they love having fun. We really are looking forward to seeing you there.

Let's rock the jukebox and make the first one a good one.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 11/18/2009 10:11:32
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  11:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

moser: I saw you post on Signature Park. When do you think it will be open and what do you feel would be the best event that they could host as a coming out party. We could all work together and make sure the very best of teams came and maybe even have enough teams to play classes (AA, AAA, and Major).

Bandits would be honored to be able to help kick start this new park even if it is on the wrong side of town for us. As you know the Bandits love to travel almost as much as they love having fun. We really are looking forward to seeing you there.

Let's rock the jukebox and make the first one a good one.

Papa, this would be awesome !! You and your lovely wife can stay with us when we do. This new park is 3 minutes from our house.
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  00:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bmoser
When is the park going to open? Also guys, Georgia USSSA would be glad to do the first event at Signature Park and will help all we can to promote a large event. Date would be key!!!!! Muti ages and class. Just let me know...Would be great to kick it off with a bag.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  09:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From their web site:

Signature Park Sports Complex will open in 2010

This is all I know. I will drive by it today to check the progress.

quote:
Originally posted by gausssa

bmoser
When is the park going to open? Also guys, Georgia USSSA would be glad to do the first event at Signature Park and will help all we can to promote a large event. Date would be key!!!!! Muti ages and class. Just let me know...Would be great to kick it off with a bag.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000