General Discussion
 Team Elite Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BaseballBasics

3 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  22:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if Team Elite actually cuts any kids that come to their assessments or do they just add more teams at varying skill levels?? Talking about the younger ages... 11, 12, 13...
Just wondering. Not bashing. Went to their assessment this week and were impressed but they predict 6-8 teams in one age group. Seems like a lot and I imagine a WIDE range of abilities are out there.

unitedballers

29 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  23:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you saying they had 80+ kids at the assessment you attended? I'm not sure that they even had a tryout for the 11U yesterday (9am/Johnson HS)?

Edited by - unitedballers on 07/24/2016 08:06:11
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  06:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience with them is not unlike that of premier or other programs. They will take as many kids as they can fit on fields. This is not a knock or a bad thing its just business. More kids more money. If they had 100 fields they would fill them all to the fullest. Its sort of like big banks they sort of takeover or buy up smaller ones. Baseball has become as big a business at lower levels as that of any other business. Just they way parents have turned it as every kid in the world wants to be a travel player now..I am sure a small percent get cut but you are correct the majority make teams.

Most will have a few top teams and a lot of un top teams that play other similar. Most will also play in their own small tournaments to save on spending for other events. Sort of keep money in house.
Go to Top of Page

13uBallDad

7 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  08:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have talked to a few Team Elite coaches when we went over to their tryout and they basically said that they did not plan on cutting any kids unless they couldn't make a team. I know they plan to have at least 5 teams at the 13u level but one of the coaches said they had room for a 6th team if they had enough kids.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  09:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not unlike ECB. Like teddy says not necessarily a bad thing, just know who is on your team and who is coaching before you sign up so there are no surprises later. They do field some of the top teams in the older age groups.

Go to Top of Page

KeithB

282 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  22:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 11u team in Cumming is a merger of West Forsyth Wolverines and South Forsyth Giants - Smith. A couple players came back to the county from Milton.
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  15:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way they do for a lot of teams in that area is they send coaches to practice kids during week. You pay like a buffett buy what you need but then the parents do the weekend thing with team.

BUT team elite also has their own TE teams..so anything that is Team Elite something or something team elite is on the pay for coaching during week plan. It works for some programs where parents still want to run the team but have coaching help during week. Our younger team does it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000