New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  11:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son has just completed his 14u season, so during this slow period I thought I would reflect back on what I have learned about youth baseball.

6u: Having the ball bounce on it's way to 1B is OKAY! Your kid doesn't have to be throwing a line drive from 3B to 1B, it doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

7u: Children with above normal hand eye coordination start excelling, but it doesn't mean your kid won't catch up.

8u: Should be coach pitch. Your kid will not get an advantage in high school by starting pitching a year earlier and really, why take away their last year of coach pitch? This was possibly my most favorite year.

9u: The game slows down, it consists of walk, passed ball, stolen base, walk, passed ball, stolen base....repeat. This is when the parents generally start to loose their minds. They pay for hitting lessons, pitching lessons, fielding lessons anything so their kid can look good again. People, it just isn't necessary, it's 9u baseball, no one is earning a scholarship this year, let them have fun.

10u: The pack starts to divide, the super good kids have left the rec park never to return. They start searching for the better teams, the elite teams, and the parents start forking out lots of money. The thing no one says is that it doesn't matter if your kid makes the 10u Astros, or the 10u Cougars...it has zero bearing on if they make the 16u team with that organization.

11u: As far as baseball it wasn't a special year, nothing really major happened but many kids start middle school. This jump to middle school really brings out the crazy in the parents. There are middle school teams, feeder programs, and the dollar signs start racking up so that parents can get their kid "IN" with that special team, special coach, special instructor, but again, none of it matters in the long run.

12u: There is a LOT happening in 12u. Cooperstown is an option this year and I have to say it really is amazing and worth every penny, if you can swing it I would recommend you go for it. This is also the year that the injuries start coming fast and furious, I blame puberty, because that also starts about now. Player A wants to pitch as hard as Player B and works hard in the weight room, practices hard at night, the parents take him to lesson after lesson, he's pitching with the middle school coach and not telling the travel ball coach...and BOOM growth plate issues in the elbow (if you are lucky it is only that!). It's at this point the parents are SO confused why this has happened to their kid and they search for answers...the answer is Player A hit puberty and is 5'6 and 130#'s and your 4'8 75# kid never had a shot at throwing as hard as him,12 year old bodies aren't meant to endure that kind of physical strain, and the best thing you could have done for your son wasn't get him more training it was tell him that his time will come, not to worry about it now, and take him out for an ice cream and chat about anything NON-baseball.

13u: The injuries continue, the parents confusion continues, and the players get to learn a whole new field dimension, lucky them! The 54x80 field is designed to help the little kids, the pre-puberty kids, still continue in baseball. If you have a 5'10 kid just go to 14u for two years, the 54x80 field is a waste of time for a kid like that.

14u: The pack starts its final divide. The division occurs in many ways. The most popular way is that puberty starts leveling the playing field. The 4'8 75# kid is bigger, stronger, and he has caught up to the pitching speed of that 5'6 kid. The 5'6 kid starts realizing everyone is throwing as hard as he is now and he decides baseball isn't as much fun as it use to be and he's going out for football in the fall and giving up baseball. 14u is the start of big boy baseball, some loose interest in the work it takes to stay decent in the game, while others are finally man enough to tell their parents that they just don't like it anymore and they don't want to play. Some parents get angry and flash to the hundreds and hundreds of dollars they wasted on private lessons from 8u - 14u...remember I said it didn't matter, this is usually why. Some kids are, sadly, still not showing the athleticism it's going to take to be in the game long term and although they WANT to play in high school it just isn't going to happen. Hopefully that kid can become great at something else, maybe computers or fixing cars....you never know.

In conclusion I have learned that:
1. Baseball needs to be about my kid and what HE wants out of baseball. My willingness, determination, and work ethic will have zero bearing on his baseball, he has to want it.
2. While I have seen it attempted time and time again, you can't buy athleticism. If your kid isn't an athlete he can have a lesson every day from 6u-14u but it isn't going to get him on the high school team.
3. Baseball can be great if the parents and the kids have the right attitude. The kids need to understand that they have to work hard to stay in the game, no one is going to hand it to them. The parents need to drive the cars and write the checks and leave the rest up to the kid on how his baseball journey will go.

What have you learned?

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  13:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love it! Pretty much sums it up! I second the athleticism. That is the one element you discuss above over which neither you nor your son have ANY control. You either have it or you don't. Add speed, agility and baseball IQ.
Go to Top of Page

JDP12

89 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  14:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post! I have a rising 14U player and a rising 17U player. I agree with pretty much everything you said. What you have not seen yet is how much it becomes like a job from 15U and up. Between practices/games everyday with the high school team to 8 straight weeks of tournaments over the summer covering multiple states the boys lose just hanging out and being a kid over the summer. Some love it so much that is does not matter while others start questioning if this is what they want to keep doing. Either way just let them decide and back their decision. Just sit back and enjoy watching them play for now because it will all be over soon (for almost all of us).
Go to Top of Page

aj94

182 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  08:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

My son has just completed his 14u season, so during this slow period I thought I would reflect back on what I have learned about youth baseball.

6u: Having the ball bounce on it's way to 1B is OKAY! Your kid doesn't have to be throwing a line drive from 3B to 1B, it doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

7u: Children with above normal hand eye coordination start excelling, but it doesn't mean your kid won't catch up.

8u: Should be coach pitch. Your kid will not get an advantage in high school by starting pitching a year earlier and really, why take away their last year of coach pitch? This was possibly my most favorite year.

9u: The game slows down, it consists of walk, passed ball, stolen base, walk, passed ball, stolen base....repeat. This is when the parents generally start to loose their minds. They pay for hitting lessons, pitching lessons, fielding lessons anything so their kid can look good again. People, it just isn't necessary, it's 9u baseball, no one is earning a scholarship this year, let them have fun.

10u: The pack starts to divide, the super good kids have left the rec park never to return. They start searching for the better teams, the elite teams, and the parents start forking out lots of money. The thing no one says is that it doesn't matter if your kid makes the 10u Astros, or the 10u Cougars...it has zero bearing on if they make the 16u team with that organization.

11u: As far as baseball it wasn't a special year, nothing really major happened but many kids start middle school. This jump to middle school really brings out the crazy in the parents. There are middle school teams, feeder programs, and the dollar signs start racking up so that parents can get their kid "IN" with that special team, special coach, special instructor, but again, none of it matters in the long run.

12u: There is a LOT happening in 12u. Cooperstown is an option this year and I have to say it really is amazing and worth every penny, if you can swing it I would recommend you go for it. This is also the year that the injuries start coming fast and furious, I blame puberty, because that also starts about now. Player A wants to pitch as hard as Player B and works hard in the weight room, practices hard at night, the parents take him to lesson after lesson, he's pitching with the middle school coach and not telling the travel ball coach...and BOOM growth plate issues in the elbow (if you are lucky it is only that!). It's at this point the parents are SO confused why this has happened to their kid and they search for answers...the answer is Player A hit puberty and is 5'6 and 130#'s and your 4'8 75# kid never had a shot at throwing as hard as him,12 year old bodies aren't meant to endure that kind of physical strain, and the best thing you could have done for your son wasn't get him more training it was tell him that his time will come, not to worry about it now, and take him out for an ice cream and chat about anything NON-baseball.

13u: The injuries continue, the parents confusion continues, and the players get to learn a whole new field dimension, lucky them! The 54x80 field is designed to help the little kids, the pre-puberty kids, still continue in baseball. If you have a 5'10 kid just go to 14u for two years, the 54x80 field is a waste of time for a kid like that.

14u: The pack starts its final divide. The division occurs in many ways. The most popular way is that puberty starts leveling the playing field. The 4'8 75# kid is bigger, stronger, and he has caught up to the pitching speed of that 5'6 kid. The 5'6 kid starts realizing everyone is throwing as hard as he is now and he decides baseball isn't as much fun as it use to be and he's going out for football in the fall and giving up baseball. 14u is the start of big boy baseball, some loose interest in the work it takes to stay decent in the game, while others are finally man enough to tell their parents that they just don't like it anymore and they don't want to play. Some parents get angry and flash to the hundreds and hundreds of dollars they wasted on private lessons from 8u - 14u...remember I said it didn't matter, this is usually why. Some kids are, sadly, still not showing the athleticism it's going to take to be in the game long term and although they WANT to play in high school it just isn't going to happen. Hopefully that kid can become great at something else, maybe computers or fixing cars....you never know.

In conclusion I have learned that:
1. Baseball needs to be about my kid and what HE wants out of baseball. My willingness, determination, and work ethic will have zero bearing on his baseball, he has to want it.
2. While I have seen it attempted time and time again, you can't buy athleticism. If your kid isn't an athlete he can have a lesson every day from 6u-14u but it isn't going to get him on the high school team.
3. Baseball can be great if the parents and the kids have the right attitude. The kids need to understand that they have to work hard to stay in the game, no one is going to hand it to them. The parents need to drive the cars and write the checks and leave the rest up to the kid on how his baseball journey will go.

What have you learned?

That is pretty accurate.

I would add don't let the daddy ball and or fake baseball master coaches tell you your son is not good enough, just move on to the next situation.

Some years ago had one of those pompous rich area team dad coaches tell me my son probably would not get much playing time on his team that was made up of his son and all his friends it seems.
Played them a few years later at 18u and my son had the game tying hit and scored the game winning run against his son who was pitching.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  11:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^^^redemption. Fun, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

aj94

182 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  12:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyforbball

^^^^redemption. Fun, isn't it?

Yes sir...many of these people really don't know baseball so they approach it like it's checkers, but baseball is like chess; it takes patience.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  14:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleDawg

Awesome Post. Thanks CaCO3Girl for sharing.

12U - We returned from Cooperstown and it was an awesome experience. Other son went to Ripken.. not even close.
And as amazing as it was, we are jumping right into 13U ball.

Similar to aj94, my 4'8" 75 player (multi position, all effort and attitude) is being told he and others will struggle for Playing Time because the "academy" he's been a part is not inviting anyone from the team back due to the perceived talent pool knocking down their doors to play for them.

Oh well, I'm going to sit back and enjoy whatever he decides to do

There is another thread asking what is a red flag, THAT right there is a huge red flag. It's okay to say "No one has a guaranteed spot, but you are welcome to tryout again" but flat out telling all the players that no one is welcome back because this team has a big name in 13u land and we know we can get better kids...well that is just a HUGE BIG GIGANTIC red flag. You are better off elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  15:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And once they've completely emptied their entire roster for all the studs who are lining up to play for them (while in the meantime your scrapper secures a nice spot elsewhere) and then you see a post a month or two from now from them still looking for players..it will be another redemption moment. 13 ain't 16..see who ends up where in a couple years...still alot of growing going on. There is something to be said for dedication and loyalty if the kids a decent player but maybe just a little behind on the growth spurt. And that dedication and loyalty goes both ways.
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  16:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You nailed it B,
Going into our 13u season you'd think you've been there and done that. We are faced with new challenges this year and even though options are nice, the decisions dont get any easier. In fact, they seem to be even tougher than before.................ugh!
Go to Top of Page

Bravemom

204 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  18:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good post CaCO, totally agree!

Littledawg! Wow I can't believe an academy did this...any hint you can give us on who this academy is?

Is this typical in higher level baseball...?

Anyhow, my motto is have fun and focus on school.
Go to Top of Page

baseball713

60 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  23:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm confused. Why is it a big deal to not make it to the same travel team next year? Our coach has always said that it's a one year commitment. He does not cut anyone mid-season and will commit to that kid for the whole season. However, you have to compete for your spot every year. If my son is in a major level team and he is having a really bad year (maybe because he is behind in terms of puberty), I would think that I know enough to expect him to not make it to next year's team and I need to start finding another team closer to his current skill level (AAA team). If and when my son catches up, I can try again for a majors team (maybe the same majors team that he's been with before). I thought this is the whole point of how travel works, and why travel came into being and replaced rec ball. You can go choose a team that matches your son's ability in travel.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  08:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseball713

I'm confused. Why is it a big deal to not make it to the same travel team next year? Our coach has always said that it's a one year commitment. He does not cut anyone mid-season and will commit to that kid for the whole season. However, you have to compete for your spot every year. If my son is in a major level team and he is having a really bad year (maybe because he is behind in terms of puberty), I would think that I know enough to expect him to not make it to next year's team and I need to start finding another team closer to his current skill level (AAA team). If and when my son catches up, I can try again for a majors team (maybe the same majors team that he's been with before). I thought this is the whole point of how travel works, and why travel came into being and replaced rec ball. You can go choose a team that matches your son's ability in travel.

It's not a big deal not to make the team for next year, everyone has a bottom 25% that usually get cut. It is a HUGE deal for the coaches to tell every single kid on the team not to come to tryouts, they are ALL cut.

I find it very hard to believe there wasn't one decent player and they ALL have to go down a playing level. This is the big deal and the major red flag for that coach.
Go to Top of Page

falcons_fan

2 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  09:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought 8u-10u was the most fun. Once you get to 12u, it seemed like everyone was going in different directions - physically and mentally. Some kids really took off from a physical perspective and others were slower to develop and fell behind. Mentally and emotionally, some of the kids were all over the place (onset of hormones/puberty I'm guessing). Some matured and some seemed to regress and get easily frustrated. And, this is the age where it's apparent that some kids are simply hanging on because of what I call "the Cooperstown Effect." They've all been told for so long that they have to go to Cooperstown so they keep playing even if they don't really seem to be into it but their parents want them to go to Cooperstown. After 12u, it becomes about getting ready for high school and the kids that really love the sport stick around - even if high school ball isn't a reality, which is fine.
Go to Top of Page

baseball713

60 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  10:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl
It's not a big deal not to make the team for next year, everyone has a bottom 25% that usually get cut. It is a HUGE deal for the coaches to tell every single kid on the team not to come to tryouts, they are ALL cut.

I find it very hard to believe there wasn't one decent player and they ALL have to go down a playing level. This is the big deal and the major red flag for that coach.

Ahh, got it. I agree then. I guess I was reacting to what Crazyforbball said: "There is something to be said for dedication and loyalty if the kids a decent player but maybe just a little behind on the growth spurt. And that dedication and loyalty goes both ways." AJ94 said something also about being cut, but I guess he's saying the reason there is more daddyball and not because the kid was getting behind.
Go to Top of Page

mar1dxt

30 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JDP had it right at 15U it becomes job like. My son's team is still going. Back to back to back Perfect Game tournaments with maybe one day in between. Competition level at 15U is incredible. Lots of teams with 2018 graduates with pitchers routinely throwing mid 80s and up!
Go to Top of Page

tbaillie2

120 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  11:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good post. Understand where you are coming from on going straight to 14u (for 13yo's who physically mature). I possibly could have /should have done that. I think the one area 13u did help, pitching in particular..is it separated the kids who are truly learning to pitch. At 54 feet, you really weren't throwing it by anyone (yes, some still did/could). The art of really hitting spots had to be learned and I'm sure next year is even more the case.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  12:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also alluding to what caco3 was saying about the ENTIRE team being cut with my dedication and loyalty comment. Obviously a kid who is struggling should play with his level and not be kept out of loyalty alone, but if he's a solid player as little dawg seems to indicate above I am saying an Academy should not cut him based on size alone. But you do see that happen..the little kid gets cut before they've even seen what he's got.

Edited by - Crazyforbball on 07/21/2016 13:48:37
Go to Top of Page

baseball713

60 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  14:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was also alluding to what caco3 was saying about the ENTIRE team being cut with my dedication and loyalty comment. Obviously a kid who is struggling should play with his level and not be kept out of loyalty alone, but if he's a solid player as little dawg seems to indicate above I am saying an Academy should not cut him based on size alone. But you do see that happen..the little kid gets cut before they've even seen what he's got.

Got it. This is near and dear to my heart because my son is tiny for his age. He's a very good baseball player and athletic. Just doesn't have the power yet in hitting and throwing. I don't push him at all because I know it'll come when he grows. I focus more on making sure his technique is correct. However, I am also aware that at a certain point, his skills and attitude may not be enough to keep up with the kids in his team when those kids hit puberty. If and when that happens, I am prepping myself and my son to be able to take being cut as graciously as possible and not let it push him down.
Go to Top of Page

hshuler

1074 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  15:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Got it. This is near and dear to my heart because my son is tiny for his age. He's a very good baseball player and athletic. Just doesn't have the power yet in hitting and throwing. I don't push him at all because I know it'll come when he grows. I focus more on making sure his technique is correct. However, I am also aware that at a certain point, his skills and attitude may not be enough to keep up with the kids in his team when those kids hit puberty. If and when that happens, I am prepping myself and my son to be able to take being cut as graciously as possible and not let it push him down.

Your son has absolutely no control over height but he can do things to get stronger. I don't know what age he is but doing some push-ups every night is a good start until he gets old enough to do some strength training.

Small kids are not necessarily the ones who struggle when you get to the bigger fields. It's the weaker kids who struggle...and some of the weaker kids are larger kids.

So, hang in there and continue to encourage him to work hard and see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

LFconcessions

29 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  19:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

baseball713 - how old is your son?

HShuler is spot on (as usual), and others are too about athleticism!

My son was usually one of the smaller kids on the field at the younger ages but worked his tail off on technique, footwork, fundamentals of the game, strength training, and fortunately played for coaches that helped to increase his baseball IQ.

Goodness is... when he got to the BIG field, his skills and passion for the game has overshadowed his size.

As they get older its all about the metrics but we've found that ultimately coaches want ballplayers that consistently produce and they can depend on.

Best of luck to your son & keep supporting his dreams!

Go to Top of Page

baseball713

60 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  21:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LFconcessions

My son was usually one of the smaller kids on the field at the younger ages but worked his tail off on technique, footwork, fundamentals of the game, strength training, and fortunately played for coaches that helped to increase his baseball IQ.

Goodness is... when he got to the BIG field, his skills and passion for the game has overshadowed his size.

As they get older its all about the metrics but we've found that ultimately coaches want ballplayers that consistently produce and they can depend on.

10u. That's what I tell myself and him. In a way, I'm glad that his small size forces him to have the right technique and skills to keep up with others. If and when his growth spurt happens, he should be ahead of his peers. However, I also am preparing myself that there maybe a period of time when his athleticism and technique will not make up for his lack of size. Hopefully, this will just be for a year or 2. During that period, I just need to make sure he does not get discouraged and continue loving the game. This may include moving him to a lower tier team.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  07:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LFconcessions

10u. That's what I tell myself and him. In a way, I'm glad that his small size forces him to have the right technique and skills to keep up with others. If and when his growth spurt happens, he should be ahead of his peers. However, I also am preparing myself that there maybe a period of time when his athleticism and technique will not make up for his lack of size. Hopefully, this will just be for a year or 2. During that period, I just need to make sure he does not get discouraged and continue loving the game. This may include moving him to a lower tier team.

I think moving a kid to a lower tier team is a great plan. If they love the sport let them play. Sitting on the end of a Majors bench doesn't let them play and only breeds anger or feelings of injustice when the bigger kid throws the ball to the wrong place and you KNOW you wouldn't have made that error but since you can't throw across this size field as fast as him you are stuck on the bench. Meanwhile the smaller kid with the high baseball IQ just became an awesome second basemen for a AAA team and he starts every game....which sounds more fun to you?
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  08:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a smaller one too...however at 10 you have NO reason to be discouraged! Wait a couple of years. But also, at 10, size should have NO bearing on team placement. Some of the teeniest players are the best at that age. Agree with all the comments above..strength is what counts not size..athleticism is huge for the little guy and hard work and being able to produce do make the difference. SPEED AND AGILITY and fearlessness of the ball are all important too. My advice would be to pursue the organization/team he wants now..the old foot in the door goes a long way down the road. If that doesn't work then don't be afraid to step out of the box and try something/someone new to develop your player. And coaching is key...excellent coaches can teach a small player to use his whole body and proper throwing/hitting mechanics to get the job done rather than relying on upper body strength alone. It's amazing how a great pitching coach can significantly increase velocity with a change in mechanics. Good luck and as the others said keep the dream alive! Instead of planning for the worst outcome work to figure out the best one.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  09:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have a smaller one too...however at 10 you have NO reason to be discouraged! Wait a couple of years. But also, at 10, size should have NO bearing on team placement. Some of the teeniest players are the best at that age. Agree with all the comments above..strength is what counts not size..athleticism is huge for the little guy and hard work and being able to produce do make the difference. SPEED AND AGILITY and fearlessness of the ball are all important too. My advice would be to pursue the organization/team he wants now..the old foot in the door goes a long way down the road. If that doesn't work then don't be afraid to step out of the box and try something/someone new to develop your player. And coaching is key...excellent coaches can teach a small player to use his whole body and proper throwing/hitting mechanics to get the job done rather than relying on upper body strength alone. It's amazing how a great pitching coach can significantly increase velocity with a change in mechanics. Good luck and as the others said keep the dream alive! Instead of planning for the worst outcome work to figure out the best one.

crazyforbball...do you have any examples of this foot in the door concept actually working?

This theory of get on the 9u major studly team and it's easier to make the 10u team, get on the 10u team it's easier to make the 11u team...etc....at the younger ages this might work but post 14u I have never heard of this working.

At 16u the major studly team wants major studly players and if you aren't one it doesn't matter if you have been there for 9 years, they have to sell their name to the masses as one of the major studly teams of 16/17u to get everyone to flock to their 8u-14u teams (to help with the bills for the 16/17u team) and if you can't help them do that in a big way you don't get on the team.

Go to Top of Page

BamaDad

188 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  09:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with the old "foot in the door" mentality. I saw it firsthand this tryout season. I heard two coaches leading large tryouts say that they look inside the rising teams first when choosing the top team. He said it was because they got to see them practice everyday and therefore already knew their strengths. He was trying to encourage kids not to turn their backs on the B or C team if they didn't make the A team. Just get in the organization, let us see you for a year and maybe next time you will make the top team. It also gave them an excuse for "looking out for their own" as well. LOL
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  10:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Bama but caco3 I was in fact talking to 173 because he's talking about a 10 year old and it DOES apply there as Bama noted. Big boys all bets are off ... you have to make it happen every year. Even then though there are coaches who have held onto great players for years, because they know what they are getting and they know who delivers. We've all been to the tryout where kids we know are studs look terrible and weak players look great. It just helps if they know you and your capabilities.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000