New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

KeithB

282 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  22:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The age cutoff date is moving to August 31st in 2018. Grandfather Claude that year so 12U players dont miss a chance to go to Cooperstown. The only thing that would help my son is just doing grade. If kids are held back, they're held back. Just have to deal with it. Gonna have to in HS.
Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  09:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KeithB

The age cutoff date is moving to August 31st in 2018. Grandfather Claude that year so 12U players dont miss a chance to go to Cooperstown. The only thing that would help my son is just doing grade. If kids are held back, they're held back. Just have to deal with it. Gonna have to in HS.

Cite for this? And you say in 2018 - does that mean one more year with April 30 cutoff, then switched to August 31? Or two years with earlier cutoff?
Go to Top of Page

TaxiMom

149 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  11:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TaxiMom

quote:
Originally posted by KeithB

Cite for this? And you say in 2018 - does that mean one more year with April 30 cutoff, then switched to August 31? Or two years with earlier cutoff?

So I see that Little League is going to do this for the 2018 season......do we have any indication that the travel ball organizations (PG, TC, etc) are going to follow? That would shake up a LOT for those of us with summer birthday boys......
Go to Top of Page

KeithB

282 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  21:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LL uses April 30 currently, so I would assume it would trickle down. 12 yo players would be grandfathered in so they could go to Cooperstown.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000