General Discussion
 How about the 13's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lifeguard

74 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  23:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well there are a lot of posts regarding the 10U, 11U & 12U. But this is a big weekend for 13U with the Tenn Super NIT and West Ga Slugfest. Any thoughts on these two events?

USTBA West Georgia Slugfest http://www.georgiaustba.com/13UWestGeorgiaSlugfest.html

Tennessee Super NIT
http://www.premiersportsproductions.com/TTOneSched.aspx?tid=TZ0130&year=2009&div=U13M01

Edited by - lifeguard on 04/29/2009 23:58:24

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  10:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may be chaos this weekend in TN. The pool seeding was done by some other method than USSSA points, and the weather is looking like chances of Thunderstorms.
Go to Top of Page

ingasven

120 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  11:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
W. GA Slugfest Pool Schedule:

1 FRI LP2 6:00P Burnt Hickory Indians Southwest Jackets
2 FRI PS 6:00P East Cobb Stallions STAF Athletics Rays
3 FRI PS 8:00P Bulldogs Baseball West Cobb Dawgs
4 FRI LP2 8:00P East Cobb Braves Kennesaw Outlaws
5 FRI HP7 8:00P East Cobb Longhorns Southwest Express
6 SAT LP2 9:00A PS Seminoles Kennesaw Mustangs
7 SAT HP7 9:00A PTB HP Chilidogs Southwest Jackets
8 SAT LP2 10:50A PS Seminoles Hobgood Heat
9 SAT HP7 10:50A PTB HP Chilidogs Burnt Hickory Indians
10 SAT LP2 12:40P STAF Athletic Rays Braves Baseball Club
11 SAT HP7 12:40P Southwest Express Forsyth Outlaws
12 SAT LP2 2:30P Kennesaw Mustangs Hobgood Heat
13 SAT HP7 2:30P East Cobb Longhorns Forsyth Outlaws
14 SAT LP2 4:20P Team Gwinnett East Cobb Braves
15 SAT HP7 4:20P East Cobb Stallions Braves Baseball Club
16 SAT LP2 6:10P Team Gwinnett Kennesaw Outlaws
17 SAT HP7 6:10P Bulldogs Baseball Carrollton Clippers
18 SAT HP7 8:00P Carrollton Clippers West Cobb Dawgs

****These UNEDUCATED guesses are for entertainment purposes only!! All 18 of these teams are loaded with the finest young men in the state of Georgia all coached by the best and any team is capable of beating The Atlanta Braves. No disrespect is intended! ****

Ultimate:
Bulldog Baseball
EC Stallions
Team Gwinnett
Chili Dogs
EC Longhorns
Powder Springs

American:
Hobgood
Burnt Hickory
SW Express
EC Braves
Braves Baseball
W. Cobb Dawgs

National:
Kennesaw Mustangs
Forsyth Outlaws
Kennesaw Outlaws
SW Jackets
STAF Rays
Carrollton Clippers

Swing games:
Hobgood/Powder Springs for Ultimate/American
SW Express/Forsyth & Burnt Hickory/SW Jackets for American/National.

Ultimate...Bulldog Baseball over Team Gwinnett

American...Hobgood over Braves

National...Kennesaw Mustangs over Forsyth outlaws

Go to Top of Page

ingasven

120 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  13:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A-E,

From the tournament director:

"COACHES WITH ALL THE REQUESTS MADE IN THIS AGE GROUP WE TRIED TO USE USSSA POINTS TO SEED THE BRACKETS BUT IT WAS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE SO WE ARE ADVANCING TEAMS TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND"

That's ridiculous.

Two GA teams playing each other in pool play...There was no way to avoid this?

Vipers, Astros, Megastars & Terminators odds-on favorites?
Go to Top of Page

bigdog

231 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  15:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mammabee...what do you know about the Burnt Hickory Indians since they are from your home park? The only thing that I found difficult to digest regarding the schedules were teams like EC Longhorns, Forsyth Outlaws, Powder Springs, Kennesaw Mustangs, SW Express and Hobgood Heat all have to play each other. While Home Plate, SW Jackets and Burnt Hickory Indians play each other thus it looks like one of those teams will make it to Ultimate. Dont get me wrong, there will be some tough games . I just think if one of those teams(BH, SW Jacket or Home Plate) makes it to the Ultimate -just my opinion they will have a most difficult time.
Go to Top of Page

ingasven

120 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  15:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigdog

mammabee...what do you know about the Burnt Hickory Indians since they are from your home park? The only thing that I found difficult to digest regarding the schedules were teams like EC Longhorns, Forsyth Outlaws, Powder Springs, Kennesaw Mustangs, SW Express and Hobgood Heat all have to play each other. While Home Plate, SW Jackets and Burnt Hickory Indians play each other thus it looks like one of those teams will make it to Ultimate. Dont get me wrong, there will be some tough games . I just think if one of those teams(BH, SW Jacket or Home Plate) makes it to the Ultimate -just my opinion they will have a most difficult time.

I know someone will come along and say, "Well, if you want to make it to the Ultimate Bracket play the pool games to win"... but I agree with you bigdog...I Honestly wouldn't put the Chilidogs (no disrespect meant, just looking at past performances) in the Ultimate & Hobgood in the American, but look at the draw...the loser of the Hobgood/Powder Springs game is headed to the American.

There will definitely be a team in the first two divisions where one will likely get dominated and the other probably dominate...just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

loveforthegame25

448 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  21:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
INGY, your opinion is extroidinarily valuable C U Saturday!!
Go to Top of Page

goyard

217 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  08:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn Storms are brewin'!
Go to Top of Page

mammabee

95 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy !

they should be known as not as experienced but definite scrappy

they might won a utsba tournament earlier

dont you take em lightly !

quote:
Originally posted by bigdog

Go to Top of Page

loveforthegame25

448 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  09:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain is supposed to stay north
Go to Top of Page

PCV

27 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only the PC Vipers and Burnt Hickory Indians play out of our park. I know very little about them. The practice on different nights and I don't know what tournaments they play in. I don't know who mammabee's son plays for.

Michelle
PC Vipers
Go to Top of Page

13U ECB Stallions

22 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  12:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to congratulate our 13U Stallions on winning the USTBA West Georgia Slugfest. Outscoring our opponents by an average of 15-1 per game was quite an accomplishment, while winning one straight game. I might just retire after this performance.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  23:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There must have been a lot of prayers said by the TN Super NIT Director leading up to the tournament because all the rain that was supposed to hit all weekend seemed to hold off until Sunday early morning. Most games were play somewhere near schedule until the bottom fell out 1/2 inning into the semi-finals (Vipers/Astros and Shredders/Extreme). The tournament was called because the fields started taking on water. The tournament ended up with the following two teams receiving berths:

1) Extreme Baseball (SC)(#2 seed)
2) East Cobb Astros (#9 seed)

(The final standings were done based on the teams rankings coming out of pool play. VA Shredders were #11 seed, and PC Vipers were #13 seed)

Edited by - Alter-Ego on 05/04/2009 08:56:57
Go to Top of Page

CHIEFOFSMOKE

46 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  11:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Congratulations to the Astro's for earning the Berth to Disney

Congratulation to the Vipers for Making it to the Final 4

And Congratulations to East Cobb Combat for making the elite 8 and knocking off the Charlotte Megastars in the round of 16
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  11:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EC Combat had some great games in elimination play. They stepped up when they needed to. The game with the Vipers was closer than the final score showed.

The weekend started off a little rough for the GA teams, tough.

As the Chief said, the Astros, Combat, and Vipers all represented GA pretty well.
They sent home some really good teams, such as the Germantown Giants, Jackson Coyotes, and the Charlotte Megastars.
Go to Top of Page

tajacket

26 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  07:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alter-Ego

There must have been a lot of prayers said by the TN Super NIT Director leading up to the tournament because all the rain that was supposed to hit all weekend seemed to hold off until Sunday early morning. Most games were play somewhere near schedule until the bottom fell out 1/2 inning into the semi-finals (Vipers/Astros and Shredders/Extreme). The tournament was called because the fields started taking on water. The tournament ended up with the following two teams receiving berths:

1) Extreme Baseball (SC)(#2 seed)
2) East Cobb Astros (#9 seed)

(The final standings were done based on the teams rankings coming out of pool play. VA Shredders were #11 seed, and PC Vipers were #13 seed)

Alter-ego:

To clarify, how were these seedings established that drove final rankings? USSSA points? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  11:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could find no logic to how they were seeded. It looks like they took all the top teams and made them play one game against another hard team, then an easier game. Although some teams seemed to have been taken a little better care of than others.
Go to Top of Page

southpawmom

19 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  12:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Ingasvens messasge from above:
"COACHES WITH ALL THE REQUESTS MADE IN THIS AGE GROUP WE TRIED TO USE USSSA POINTS TO SEED THE BRACKETS BUT IT WAS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE SO WE ARE ADVANCING TEAMS TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND"

This is how the pairings for pool play were determined. Teams were seeded for bracket play based on how they finsihed pool play.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000