General Discussion
 10U predictions-Dont sleep on the Grip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  11:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said it back on 02/06/2009 Dont sleep on the Grip-some of you slept.

for baseball99 back on 02/06/09 you said
quote:
HITANDRUN, that Grip prediction is way out of left field. No one else has mentioned them at all. What gives you the impression they are going to be very good?

oldcoach said " I agree that bandits is on top ,but after this fall i have concerns for 6-4-3 and the grip,did not impress me at triple crown fall tourneys.

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  13:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa has quit saying Get a Grip and from now on I will be preaching to the Bandits to [Get the Grip.''

I know very little but from little I know I can tell you that this team deserves all the recognition that they are getting and I say Good job and Good Luck.

Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2009 :  14:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HITANDRUN, I wasn't questioning what you said, I was curious how you knew what the Grip had in place. Seems like you were one of only a few that saw them doing well this year.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  05:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
baseball99, I know what you were saying I just wanted a chance to pat my self on the back. (i honestly didn't know if they would pan out as a top team or not) I think some people knew they just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. When I heard they picked up a few players here and there and one of the best players off the parkview team I knew they were going to be pretty tough once they got it all together and had some experience playing together. You never know though i may have jinxed them for the rest of the season.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  09:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You had better get the Grip while the get'ns good. In the life of a youth baseball team, they are toddlers. You might be able to push them over a few times before they get their legs under them.

If a few more local families join in, oh boy!

quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

Papa has quit saying Get a Grip and from now on I will be preaching to the Bandits to [Get the Grip.''

I know very little but from little I know I can tell you that this team deserves all the recognition that they are getting and I say Good job and Good Luck.

Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  10:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always hurt my arm when I try to pat myself on the back

Good call on your part .... at least for now

quote:
Originally posted by HITANDRUN

baseball99, I know what you were saying I just wanted a chance to pat my self on the back. (i honestly didn't know if they would pan out as a top team or not) I think some people knew they just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. When I heard they picked up a few players here and there and one of the best players off the parkview team I knew they were going to be pretty tough once they got it all together and had some experience playing together. You never know though i may have jinxed them for the rest of the season.

Edited by - baseball99 on 04/28/2009 12:03:29
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa likes the Grip and their coaching staff. I think they do a marvelous job in the way they have brought this team along. Remember that they are new to this scene and pushed around some pretty big boys this weekend. Makes me glad the Bandits haven't seen them yet.
This is what keeps me coming back. The baseball has a way of bouncing in many different ways and this week it seemed to have bounced the Grip's way. I say they deserve the credit they are getting.
Go to Top of Page

Pickle

22 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  15:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what area the grip is from ? They are a good team . cograts to them on the win this weekend!
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  18:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that they are from Gwinnett County. Lots of kids to choose from.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  22:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our home park is Rhodes Jordan in Lawrenceville. Our players are from all over Gwinnett County. We also have one player from Jackson County and one from Walton county. 3 of our kids are eligible to play 9U right now. One is eligible for 8U but he is the little brother of one of the 10 year olds. His main role is pinch running but can actually hang with the big boys if he plays outfield.

quote:
Originally posted by Pickle

Anyone know what area the grip is from ? They are a good team . cograts to them on the win this weekend!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000