General Discussion
 Question for Baseballpapa 11U
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rocky

290 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  10:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will the Bandits have an open tryout at the end of this season?
Also, who is going to step-up and start a brand new 11U, national powerhouse team from the GA area with the best players around.
Start from scratch make no promises to anyone until they tryout and put the best 12 players on one team, with a knowledgable head coach who doesn't even have a player on the team. The talent here is good but from what I have seen it is spread out too thin between a bunch of teams.

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  16:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know the answer to your question? Bandits have always been and I think always will be a local school district type travel team. They love playing this way and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I too wish that someone had the ability to put this national powerhouse team together but I do not believe it will be the Bandits. To my knowledge since they were 5 years old the Bandits have never had a open tryout choosing instead to build by losing one or two a year and replacing them with another local player.

To be honest I believe that you are right about the talent level being spread way too thin to win on the national stage but I will never quit believing in my Bandits as they continue to amaze me with what they can do with their friends on the baseball field. With the right pitcher on the mound and our defense playing well I feel that we can compete with any national powerhouse out there. Maybe not consistently but when the sun is shining on our rear ends we can be hard to beat.
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  09:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will the Bandits go to the Tn Super Nit and try to get another shot at Disney???
Go to Top of Page

BREAMKING

323 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  11:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
baseballpapa you guys have a great team and very impressive for a one school system type team. What school will these boys go to when they get to high school. Might be fun to follow.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  12:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CMorton: The Bandits do not plan on playing the Tennessee Super NIT since this is the weekend that we are playing in a benefit tournament in Nashville, Tennessee with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw hosting. We understand that ESPN will also be there to do some interviews and live broadcasts so we jumped on this early in the year although when Coach Troy told me about this one I stated that I could care less about Faith Hill and Tim McGraw unless of course they had a 10 year old son that could throw in the mid 60's and hit like the Chain Saw. We are planning on playing in the Alabama Super NIT but just for the competition since we could not afford Disney and Cooperstown in the same year and we are already playing Cooperstown. I went to Cooperstown when my 12 year old was 10 and I can personally tell you that I thought that I had died and God placed in the baseball section of heaven.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  12:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BreamKing: All of our guys except one would go to the Gordon Lee or Heritage High School system. To be honest with you I think we are more excited dreaming about keeping them together than we are finding some stud that would push us over the top now. If we get lucky and play our game we are not afraid of any team out there that is 10 years old. There is only one kid that we dream of getting and that is another local kid that plays for the Chattanooga Colonels 11U but could play 10U if he chose. This kid in my opinion is only average where he is but at 10U would be one of the top 5 players in the nation. This kid is legit and comes from a gene pool of athletes and not only that he fills ever weak area the Bandits have. We want him bad but don't push since we know he loves where he is and has many good friends on the Colonels but it doesn't hurt to dream.
Go to Top of Page

BREAMKING

323 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  16:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks was just wondering about that. They are probably the best local team I have seen since probably lassiters national championship team was coming up playing little league and travel ball.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa; who is playing in the tournament in Nashville you mentioned? Good competition?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  14:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one's that I know about is Germantown Giants, Cincy Flames and Knoxville Stars and us. I understand that there will be one more nationally ranked team there also. I also understand that we will be fighting only to get better by playing each other and facing the best each team has to throw at us. Germantown has beaten Memphis Tigers multiple times this year and I understand have quite a team. We will see. I will let you know how we did when we get back.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  12:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are the teams you mention in the tournament this weekend or the tug macGraw tournament. i can't seem to find the tug mcgraw tournament or who's playing in it.
Go to Top of Page

tuckersbo

25 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  15:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The teams PaPa named are the teams in Pigeon Forge this weekend...he's a little anxious
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  22:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You see Papa's always thinking baseball (Tug McGraw) when what the tournament is about is Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I think the tournament is a benefit for the Children's Hospital but I am not sure. I just know that we are playing and I want to hurry up and get there.
Go to Top of Page

tuckersbo

25 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  18:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shut Out: The teams we've been told would be there are: North Alabama Giants & TPSA Bandits (from Alabama); Franklin Heat, Hendersonville Heat, Music City Scorpions, Middle Tennessee Mudcats, Music City Tornados, Jackson Coyotes, Memphis Tigers, Memphis Outlaws, & West Tennessee Wildcats (from Tennessee); Fairfield Chiefs (from Ohio); & 6-4-3 & Bandits (from GEORGIA). Check www.tugmcgraw.org/news/event_stepping_up.asp & www.tugmcgraw.org/news/stepping_up.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000