Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bmoser

I'm a 10U guy, so can only speak to that group. I know USSSA is an afterthought in some parts of Florida, Texas, and California, but go to the usssa web site and ck out the power rankings for 10U majors.

My earlier post about population, climate, and field availability will be confirmed. I didn't even look at the usssa power rankings before composing that post, its just common sense.

Sorry Papa, I love the Bandits, and have been following and rooting for them since they were 7, but cant agree with you on this one.

I will have to AGREE with PAPA...B if the Bandits and any of the other SOLID MAJORS just played ANY tournament that they could get in I think they would WIN most of them. BUT they do not..They seek out the best there is to play every week...If every tournament your sons team played in the BANDITS, Sandtown, or Stixx were there would it be fun or any of the weaker teams or the MAJORS??? Probably not.And in favor of the BANDITS they do not play a lot of fall baseball...Now if that is all they did and played year round in USSSA I am quite sure they would be up there in the top 10 as far as points go...You have to realize the points come from playing in USSSA tournys. A team with a bad racord can have more points just because they have played in MORE tournaments.....Power rakings are only good if ALL teams were to play USSSA and only good for those that do play USSSA...
Go to Top of Page

CoachMark

216 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  22:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigslick

I also forgot to mention the 9U Mizuno Glory beat the 10U Stixx 16-3.

Did the 9U Mizuno Glory win that tournament? If not, who did?
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  22:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa, first of all they did not win one game, they won six in that tournament. 35-6-1 over the last four months. That includes three 11u events. Also, I feel you lose all credibility when you say you will always stand behind your Georgia teams and feel they are nothing but the best. If the Bandits lose there top five kids and replace them with five average players how are they still the best?

Also, I know you don't coach or manage the Chiefs. I have no problem with the boys playing with the Chiefs. I think it is great. My son has played out of state and we had a great time. Will do it again. Georgia has great competition, I am not disputing that.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you say I am comparing 10u and 12u programs.

My boy plays on four teams. Two 11u major and two 12u major teams.
Record Since Fall 2008
11u 42-5
11u 19-12
12u 25-4
12u 14-8

quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

FLBASEBALLFAN: Your head really got the big head after winning one game. One game will never make you a champion. I really believe our legendary Lewis Grizzard had you in mind when he talked of the transplanted Northerners and the alligator farms.

If you would read all my posts much of what I said agrees with your assessment of the Florida kids talent. It's amazing and they deserve much credit. But Papa will stand behind his beloved Georgia teams and will never feel that they are nothing but the best.

And I do want the opportunity to put your post concerning the Chiefs and any involvement that I might have to bed. First, I do not Coach or manage the Chiefs and second to compare a 12 year old program to a 10 year old program is ridiculous and third I don't get a vote in how the Chiefs choose to build their roster. I have a grandson that plays on the Chiefs and has since he was 9. He is one of the few members left from the Cooperstown's championship team. My grandson loves the Chiefs and will play with them as long as he continues to love the Chiefs. He also has made awesome friends with the Florida players and just to ask one simple question. If Florida truly is the best, then why would these kids want to play in Georgia. You have got to scratching your head over this question. And then last I hear you talking about the 9U, 10U and 12U but why do you leave out the 11U. Are any of the teams undefeated and if so which ones. I gave our won-loss record, Could we get yours.

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  22:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, Don't get me wrong as I am smart enough to know that Florida has the edge but that will never mean that I will throw my beloved Georgia teams in the river. I am not that type fan. I will be with them through the thick and the thin and will never give up hope that the next game will be the best game we have ever played.

The game is changing and the way teams are being built is changing. I didn't invent the wheel and I don't have anything to do with the way Mizuno builds their team anymore than I do the Chiefs.

I love the Chiefs and have loved the Chiefs since they formed. They are now and have always been winners and played the game hard. I love the new guys and they are 4 of the finest young men and most talented baseball players in this Country. But the kids that have been on the Chiefs for years are also fine young men and great baseball players and the combination of the two has turned into one awesome team. The Chiefs Coach loves baseball as much as anyone that I have ever met and he has given many kids opportunities that they would never have had if not for him. He is the most giving and caring Coach a kid could ever hope to have based on my personal experience.

It is simple math that if you combine 2 of the best teams in the Country taking the very best players from both teams that you will have improved your team (Chiefs). It is also simple to understand that if you pick up the best players from the very best teams that you will have made yourself a better team (Mizuno).

FlBaseballFan seems to take exception that I don't admit that Florida is better. Baseball is about more than winning and losing. It is about committment, dedication, sacrifice, and most of all heart. Florida is great and I love their baseball and FlBaseball and BMoser may be right as Moser is more analytical than I as I am more about what my heart says and although BMoser is most likely more correct with his statistics no one has more heart than the Georgia teams in my opinion.

I had the opportunity to meet with BMoser and although we don't agree on some things I know that he a very nice man and I thank him for promoting the game of baseball and getting us information that has served us all well. If BMoser says something he usually had information to back it up.
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  22:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PAPA, I said North Florida based. They are based out of Jacksonville. There are good players in North Florida, just not many good teams.

Also, the players are not from South Florida they are from Central Florida.

As far as the Bandits are concerned I give them plaenty of credit, excellent team. Just on most days they will lose to the three best 10u teams in Florida. Most teams will, nothing to be ashamed of. Also, I thought it was funny while you guys were losing in the semi finals many 10u Georgia coaches and parents were rooting against you guys. The same thing happens to us in Florida, when you are the best many people don't like you and they want to see you lose.

You also say the Glory teams have not earned the respect of people/teams around the country. I would have to disagree with that. There is nothing wrong with how the Mizuno Glory orginization is run. Many, many coaches ask how we get all of the best players, many parents beg to have their kids play for this group. When you are on top there will always be people trying to drag you down. You should now that with your two grand sons being on two top level teams.

quote:

FlBaseballFan said to: BigEd you are right, don't count a North Fl. team as beating a "Team from Florida". The only North Florida based team that counts is Mizuno Glory and they certainly did not beat the Glory.

I say how can you count Mizuno as a North Florida team then as all their players come from South Florida with few if any coming from anywhere near Jacksonville. People in Georgia really don't care how you build your team or how strong you are. Without respect from the teams you play you will never have succeeded. Does Florida read the things that are being said on the national level about the Glory and their methods of winning at any cost. Just as you I don't really care how you choose to build your team but if you are going to call the Georgia teams out, know that you will get a response.

Now in my mind that makes Mizuno a South Georgia team and me and FlaBaseballFAn are on the same side as Jacksonville, Florida on my map is in North Florida and I think he is saying the North Florida teams should be considered South Georgia teams. Congratulations on rearranging the United States.

I went public on this post and stated that the 10U Mizuno team was the very best team that the Bandits ever played and that we looked forward to playing them again. And then you came on this post and gave the Bandits little credit for their accomplishments. The Bandits have earned and I said earned the respect of the travel baseball world and that is obvious from anything you have read about the Bandits. We are not cocky and only play the best we can and sometimes that is good enough and sometimes it is not but they will always be the grittiest little kids on the face of this planet as far as I am concerned.

I read all the national posts and it is hard for me to believe that Mizuno Sports can be satisfied with having such great teams that has not appeared to have gained the respect of anyone in the nation due to the way you chose to do it.

Don't be mad at Papa for the bad press as I only read the paper, I didn't write it.

Go to Top of Page

bigslick

55 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  07:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FLBASEBALLFAN

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bball2008

They did beat the West FL Young Guns(who were 24-2 according to www.travelballrankings.com) in the championship. According to the Young Guns coaches/parents, they have beaten Mizuno Glory four times this season. But they also stated that Mizuno comes with a different roster every time they meet up. 3 of their kids are also currently on Mizuno's roster.

For the record, the 9U West Florida Young Guns have not beaten the 9U Glory this season. They did last season twice. The 9U Glory has not lost a game this season to any other 9U team. The Young Guns just lost to the EC Braves 10-6 in the Back to School Brawl. The 9U Glory beat the EC Braves 9-1 in 4 innings at the Atlanta Super NIT.

Actually, the Glory and Young Guns split going 1-1 against each other. The score to both games was 6-5.

Correct, this was from last season. The 9U Glory and 9U Young Guns have not played against each other this season.
Go to Top of Page

Titan1

210 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CoachMark

quote:

I also forgot to mention the 9U Mizuno Glory beat the 10U Stixx 16-3.

Did the 9U Mizuno Glory win that tournament? If not, who did?

Stixx won the tournament
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa, I think we finally agree.

I wish the Chiefs and the Bandits well and hope to see both of them down in Disney at the Elite 32.

quote:

Guys, Don't get me wrong as I am smart enough to know that Florida has the edge but that will never mean that I will throw my beloved Georgia teams in the river. I am not that type fan. I will be with them through the thick and the thin and will never give up hope that the next game will be the best game we have ever played.

The game is changing and the way teams are being built is changing. I didn't invent the wheel and I don't have anything to do with the way Mizuno builds their team anymore than I do the Chiefs.

I love the Chiefs and have loved the Chiefs since they formed. They are now and have always been winners and played the game hard. I love the new guys and they are 4 of the finest young men and most talented baseball players in this Country. But the kids that have been on the Chiefs for years are also fine young men and great baseball players and the combination of the two has turned into one awesome team. The Chiefs Coach loves baseball as much as anyone that I have ever met and he has given many kids opportunities that they would never have had if not for him. He is the most giving and caring Coach a kid could ever hope to have based on my personal experience.

It is simple math that if you combine 2 of the best teams in the Country taking the very best players from both teams that you will have improved your team (Chiefs). It is also simple to understand that if you pick up the best players from the very best teams that you will have made yourself a better team (Mizuno).

FlBaseballFan seems to take exception that I don't admit that Florida is better. Baseball is about more than winning and losing. It is about committment, dedication, sacrifice, and most of all heart. Florida is great and I love their baseball and FlBaseball and BMoser may be right as Moser is more analytical than I as I am more about what my heart says and although BMoser is most likely more correct with his statistics no one has more heart than the Georgia teams in my opinion.

I had the opportunity to meet with BMoser and although we don't agree on some things I know that he a very nice man and I thank him for promoting the game of baseball and getting us information that has served us all well. If BMoser says something he usually had information to back it up.

Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think people will build the teams they think will win..Mizuno or Bandits, both are very well coached with very good players...I think the Bandits could easily do what Mizuno has done and build a great team with players from where ever. The question is can Mizuno do what the Bandits have done be bring only local talent and still win...What I am wondering is if they play again will Mizuno have the same Squad? I know the Bandits will....
Go to Top of Page

tater77bug

133 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  16:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JMO but it doesn't seem like the same thing....as the Bandits boys grow older they will find it more and more difficult to dominate and even keep their players...but they seem intent on trying hard to keep their local boys together for as long as possible ( Middle and High School)...(many may never even play ball then but that's another blog)...as for Mizuno they seem intent on having the 9 best players they can find at any given time...does it build team skills or might a say teamwork??? I don't know but they win trophies....and they are most certainly respected...and I mean no disrespect at all to the Bandits...I love what you guys are doing...but Florida takes the prize as quality and quanity of good teams...just look at the Chiefs...a very good national team comprised of locals as 10u...a dominate team of locals and ATL players as 11u....could be the best in the country with a few locals, a few ATL, and some dominate Florida kids as 12u...bottom line is that if the Bandits keep their kids together they will win less and less on a national scale as they grow older...it doesn't mean what they are doing is not working...but could make for a great high school team as they move along....Florida, Texas, Cali will load up year after year and crank...
quote:
Originally posted by C. MORTON

I think people will build the teams they think will win..Mizuno or Bandits, both are very well coached with very good players...I think the Bandits could easily do what Mizuno has done and build a great team with players from where ever. The question is can Mizuno do what the Bandits have done be bring only local talent and still win...What I am wondering is if they play again will Mizuno have the same Squad? I know the Bandits will....

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  16:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Approx Population:

GA 9M
FL 18M
TX 27m
CA 36M

Okay, which State has the best youth baseball?
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  17:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fl and Ga have more teams listed on USSSA and they have the least amount of people...And this may be way off, but who has won little league in the past 4 years the most....

Edited by - C. MORTON on 04/22/2009 17:56:25
Go to Top of Page

I Love Baseball

12 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  21:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
B-papa: Your passion for your grand childrens' teams is obvious. They are both on very good teams. IMO, you seem to put your local talent on a pedestal and imply that the Glory players, coaches and families don't work as hard as your local teams. It takes a special group of young men to go be part of a "team" setting when they have always been "the man". It takes the right coach to work with all the ego's (players & parents) to create the team atmosphere. Little Joey and his parents must be willing to play where the team needs him and trust the coaches to develop the talent. You must have the right leadership to pull this off. The Bandits and Chiefs seem to have the atmosphere I'm talking about. It frustrating to me that people outside our group assume we don't have a family atmosphere because our boys don't see each other every day.

I'm also frustrated that people feel we just show up for games. It also takes hard work. I think you would agree that if you don't continue to work hard, you will get passed by. We teach life lessons through baseball. Our kids work hard and want to play the best competition.

The great part about the NIT's, Elite 32 & Cooperstown tournaments that we will play in is that, over the course of the tournament the cream rises to the top. Any one can beat anyone in a single game but how many have enough talent to make it through 4 games in one day. These tournaments test the depth of your pitching, quality of your hitting and precision of your defense. The whole team has to hit, your defense must execute, your team must have more than one "stud" pitcher and your coach must be on his game.

Clearly the Bandits are a great team and we look forward to playing you again.
Go to Top of Page

I Love Baseball

12 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  21:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C.Morton: You are comparing Travel baseball to little league...Clearly there is no comparison in the level of play. Enough said...
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  22:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
taterbug: And by the way I love your name as it is a true baseball sounding name. I got a big kick out your post more than any of the others as this group of little boys and you all know that most are little have been told since they were 5 years old that the next year would catch up with them and that they would no only be the best.

I am so glad that at 5 most of them could not read and hear what people were saying. When they were 8 some of the other Coaches made the statement that the Bandits was through and that they would never be able to win in kid pitch. They didn't hear this either and won 4 State championships, 2 Super NIT'S, BPA World Series, and was in the top 5 teams in the Elite 24 losing only to eventual champ San Diego California their very year in kid pitch baseball.

And if winning trophies makes you the best then I challenge any team to produce more trophies with the basic same group of players than the Bandits. We will line our trophies up and I promise you will defeat any team in the nation using this category.

You are so right that the teams that pick up the best of the best players will have the best chance to win but I do want to point out that this does not always translate into wins. We have heard since we started that the longer we play the less we will win so this is nothing new to us.

But if you don't mind we will continue not to believe this and we will continue to believe in these little kids as up to this point they have never let us down. If believing in yourself and in your teammates will help you win then this group will keep winning and do it together.

Thank you for your kind words and even if don't think you should bet your money on us don't ever count us out as I have seen them do some amazing things.

There is still a lot of baseball to be played and we will continue to take them one weekend at a time.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 04/23/2009 08:43:40
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  23:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little League and USSSA are an afterthought in many areas. AAU seems to be popular in FLA. The new all org World Series format will solve our argument. Little League is Rec + All Stars. The new cross org format will prove Little league inferior. USSSA is not as prevalent in other States. Take the blinders off.

quote:
Originally posted by C. MORTON

Fl and Ga have more teams listed on USSSA and they have the least amount of people...And this may be way off, but who has won little league in the past 4 years the most....

Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  09:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I Love Baseball

C.Morton: You are comparing Travel baseball to little league...Clearly there is no comparison in the level of play. Enough said...

I guess that you think these kids ONLY play L.L. baseball...And if there is no comparison why were the Miami Playmakers from last year trying so hard to get in???? Only to get caught breaking the rules...

We can talk about who has the best talent all day and in the end I will put it like this THE SOUTH HAS THE BEST TALLENT IN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  10:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post is to ILoveBaseball: Thank you for your kind post. I agree with everything you say except I hope that I have never implied that the Glory does not work as hard as the Bandits. If you will read my posts you will find that I think the Glory is the best 10 year old team that we have ever played and you know that we have played many. There is no one in Georgia that has more respect for the Glory than I.

And since the Chiefs are now playing a lot like the Glory it is a lot easier for me to understand the problems you face such as practice, ego's and other issues that arise due to the distance between the player's. It is also much easier for me to understand that a bond can be developed even with the distance as some of the Florida kids are already calling me Papa. You don't know what a thrill it is to see these families bond with our families and I mean both on and off the fields. So you are right to be frustrated when things like that are said and if I contributed to that frustration I am sorry.

To me it is really hard and probably should not even be tried in comparing the Bandits to the Glory. It is apples to oranges and does not work. You will never know how rewarding it is to see our little rag tag bunch just be able to be on the same field with you guys. Who would have ever thought that a little group of 10 year old 4th and 5th graders from a school the size of Mayberry RFD could practice their tails off and get on the same stage as National Powerhouses such as the Glory and San Diego Stars. We have won by just getting there but we are not through and we will never quit believing. I read somewhere that there was a little boy that went toe to toe with a Giant and put a baseball into his sling and slew the Giant. That is what we are attempting. Will it be hard (For sure), Can it be done (doubtful), Should we even try (Nah), Will we be there (Count on it).

I wish all the people that have read all of the bad press that you most likely do not deserve after I listen to you that there was a national place for the Glory to post and explain the truth.

Good Luck to you also and be sure and watch out for the little kids with the slings.

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  11:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with C.MORTON, the South has the best talent...South California, South Texas, and South Florida especially :)
Go to Top of Page

biged

198 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  13:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Miami Playmakers are out of Kendal. Not a powerhouse area. Again, if they ain't playing out of Tamiami then they are most likely a sub par team.
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  13:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biged

The Miami Playmakers are out of Kendal. Not a powerhouse area. Again, if they ain't playing out of Tamiami then they are most likely a sub par team.

It was the team from Tamiami and I may have had the names mixed up but that was the team...
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  14:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where do you guys get your information. First of all USSSA is really big all over the country. More teams were registered with USSSA than any other orginization in the country last year, including Little League. Second of all, AAU is not the biggest in Florida, they used to be but not even close to USSSA now. Third, the Miami Playmakers were not caught cheating last year. They were 10's and played and won the Pony World Series last year and they are out of Tamiami. They went to the Pony World Series and Tennessee NYBC as the Tamiami Playmakers. I forget what team it was but it was a 12u team out of Miami that was thrown out of the Little League tournament. Come on guys get your facts straight.
Go to Top of Page

tater77bug

133 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  15:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stuff papa....keep up the hard work....I hope those boys keep on rockn for a long time...makes NG look very good...
quote:

taterbug: And by the way I love your name as it is a true baseball sounding name. I got a big kick out your post more than any of the others as this group of little boys and you all know that most are little have been told since they were 5 years old that the next year would catch up with them and that they would no only be the best.

I am so glad that at 5 most of them could not read and hear what people were saying. When they were 8 some of the other Coaches made the statement that the Bandits was through and that they would never be able to win in kid pitch. They didn't hear this either and won 4 State championships, 2 Super NIT'S, BPA World Series, and was in the top 5 teams in the Elite 24 losing only to eventual champ San Diego California their very year in kid pitch baseball.

And if winning trophies makes you the best then I challenge any team to produce more trophies with the basic same group of players than the Bandits. We will line our trophies up and I promise you will defeat any team in the nation using this category.

You are so right that the teams that pick up the best of the best players will have the best chance to win but I do want to point out that this does not always translate into wins. We have heard since we started that the longer we play the less we will win so this is nothing new to us.

But if you don't mind we will continue not to believe this and we will continue to believe in these little kids as up to this point they have never let us down. If believing in yourself and in your teammates will help you win then this group will keep winning and do it together.

Thank you for your kind words and even if don't think you should bet your money on us don't ever count us out as I have seen them do some amazing things.

There is still a lot of baseball to be played and we will continue to take them one weekend at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye

35 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  16:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone handicap the teams in this upcoming tournament?

1. EAST COBB SCORPIONS--MARIETTA, GA
2. SANDY PLAINS WILDCATS--MARIETTA, GA
3. S.E.A. BOBCATS--GUYTON, GA
4. TIFT COUNTY THUNDER--TIFTON, GA
5. FORSYTH FIRE ANTS--CUMMING, GA
6. LINE DRIVE BASEBALL--RICHMOND HILLS, GA
7. CENTRAL DEKALB JAGUARS--STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
8. HILTON HEAD TIDES--HILTON HEAD, SC
9. DACULA FALCONS--DACULA, GA
10. MGBA BRAVES--PALMETTO, GA
11. NORTH FLORIDA HURRICANES--JACKSONVILLE, FL
12. HITMEN BASEBALL--ORANGE PARK, FL
13. CBC BEARS--JACKSONVILLE, FL
14. ELITE GAMERS RED--STOCKBRIDGE, GA
15. JACKSONVILLE RAGE--JACKSONVILLE, FL
16. CBC STORM--JACKSONVILLE, FL
17. CHAIN DIRT DAWGS--SAVANNAH, GA
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  21:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You seem like a guy who likes specifics, so I will try to comply...

Disclaimer...I'm a 10u guy.

I have been considering moving to Naples to avoid GA State income tax.
But 1st, gotta ck out the youth baseball scene down there so I called some 10U travel ball Coaches. 2 Coaches told me USSSA is not the leading org along the Southwest Coast of FLA (remember, I said in "some" places). They were from Naples and Ft.Myers.. If they want to play usssa, they go to Miami, otherwise they play AAU, other orgs., or non-affiliated tourneys. I've spoken to others around the Country, but these are my most recent sources (3 weeks ago).

Now to the local scene...many ATL metro teams have played in multiple Triple Crown, USTBA, and non-affiliated tourneys, but hardly any usssa (if any at all). OP Storm has been very active this Spring, but we just ran into them at their 1st usssa tourney last weekend. Acworth Warriors are not even registered w/ USSSA. Sharon Springs Spartans played in only 1 usssa tourney (in their backyard). In East Cobb, I'd say Triple Crown is the top Org at the moment for 10U.

So this is where I get my info. USSSA is not really big ALL over the country. They may be the biggest ACROSS the County, but there are pockets where they play 2nd fiddle, or are almost non-existent.

I hope you will accept my facts as straight. I try to be a reliable source of info, and not just make things up to hear myself type.

B-T-W, my sons team has played USSSA exclusively this season. No TC, USTBA, GS, or non affiliated...yet.

quote:
Originally posted by FLBASEBALLFAN

Where do you guys get your information. First of all USSSA is really big all over the country. More teams were registered with USSSA than any other orginization in the country last year, including Little League. Second of all, AAU is not the biggest in Florida, they used to be but not even close to USSSA now. Third, the Miami Playmakers were not caught cheating last year. They were 10's and played and won the Pony World Series last year and they are out of Tamiami. They went to the Pony World Series and Tennessee NYBC as the Tamiami Playmakers. I forget what team it was but it was a 12u team out of Miami that was thrown out of the Little League tournament. Come on guys get your facts straight.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000