HIT15

5 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  12:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets here your predictions on the 12yr olds USTBA at ECB

Edited by - HIT15 on 03/29/2009 12:22:28

motown

25 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  15:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im was lookin for the Shamrocks to top this one. Homeplate--astros--12longhorns those 3 not in a specific order. But of coarse the rain hits a HOMERUN.
Go to Top of Page

The One

35 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  16:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 12 and under division is too close to call. No dominant team, so it's a crap shoot. From what i saw at the Super NIT, I would say the Chiefs.
Go to Top of Page

proball

36 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  23:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the Chiefs lose two games (one to Viper,Al), the fields were supersized for 12U and most of the Ga teams looked good not just the Chiefs.
quote:
Originally posted by The One

The 12 and under division is too close to call. No dominant team, so it's a crap shoot. From what i saw at the Super NIT, I would say the Chiefs.

Go to Top of Page

JAWS07

29 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  13:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ultimate Champions: Astros
Runner-up: Shamrocks

American Champions: Longhorns 11U
Runner-up: Braves

National Champions: Hardcore
Runner-up: Warriors

Go to Top of Page

CinReds

88 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  15:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HIT15

Rain.
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  01:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with the Chiefs, they picked up three of the best kids from Team Eason down in Tampa. These boys throw gas and hit a ton.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  09:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't predict but if the Chiefs are at the top of their game they should go far. In this division you could pick up 6 Florida kids and still lose. This is one of the toughest age groups in the Nation. It is a joy to watch all the kids in this age group play ball. They are not only athletic but mostly very well coached and play the game the right way. If I ever do get into predictions I would shy away from this group.
Go to Top of Page

proball

36 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  15:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would you pick up players for this tournament? This is not the Elite World Series. At some point you have to believe in your players. What message does that send out to parents on that team if your child is sitting and he could be a starter anywhere else. You have develop team chemistry. The Yankees and the Mets had some of the highest payroll last year and they didn't even make the playoffs.
quote:
Originally posted by FLBASEBALLFAN

Gotta go with the Chiefs, they picked up three of the best kids from Team Eason down in Tampa. These boys throw gas and hit a ton.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

betterbball

33 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  21:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would have to agree with you. I think it will be between the Asros and the Chiefs but do not rule out the 12u Longhorns they are one tough team.
Go to Top of Page

betterbball

33 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  21:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by proball

I saw the Chiefs lose two games (one to Viper,Al), the fields were supersized for 12U and most of the Ga teams looked good not just the Chiefs.
quote:

There again do not believe everything read. Chiefs picked up no one for this tournament. THese are full time players. All parents have known about these players for quit a while. And you are right who would pick-up players for this tournament.
Go to Top of Page

seahawk13

18 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  05:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top 3: Chiefs, Shamrocks and Astros. Very talented, explosive teams that is loaded with pitching and hitters. Too bad the Atlanta NIT wasn't double elimination.
Go to Top of Page

bball fan

20 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  12:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How could players from Team Easton (Florida) be on the Chiefs roster?
Go to Top of Page

betterbball

33 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  19:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bball fan

What do you mean how?
Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  22:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Team Easton does not play USTBA. We don't have that here in Florida, atleast not in Central Florida.

quote:
Originally posted by bball fan

Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  22:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe it, the Chiefs have three kids from Team Easton playing with them this weekend. You guys can say they are full time and the parents knew about them but when you live in another state and already play on three other teams in Florida, then you are not a full time player. I am not saying I have a problem with it, my son played on a team from another state. He loved it. We will do it again. I just find it hypocritical that’s all.

quote:
Originally posted by betterbball

quote:

quote:

There again do not believe everything read. Chiefs picked up no one for this tournament. THese are full time players. All parents have known about these players for quit a while. And you are right who would pick-up players for this tournament.

Go to Top of Page

FLBASEBALLFAN

40 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  22:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another point on the boys from Florida. Who did they play with at the Super NIT? I'll tell you, Team Easton. Not the Chiefs.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  07:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way I see it, the teams named above should have been deeper in the brackets at the NIT, merely based on talent and ability, double elmination would have compromised the NIT's value. Just my .02
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  09:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Chiefs can get by Hardcore we will be in for one heck of a game with the Chiefs and Shamrocks going head to head for the first time this year. I can't wait to see this one. But the hard part may be getting by Hardcore. There are no easy paths in this ultimate division.
Go to Top of Page

betterbball

33 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  01:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about them CHIEFS ! ustba Champs
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  08:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ultimate: Chiefs
American: ?
National: Braves

Edited by - Critical Mass on 04/06/2009 08:59:32
Go to Top of Page

bambino_dad

119 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  11:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to the Chiefs. Great pitching and all-around performance this weekend.

The hitting display the RF for the Meteors put on was impressive. He
hit an opposite field moonshot 50-60 ft. over the left field wall on an up and away breaking ball that made no sense.

Clearly, the Florida teams are in mid-season form, and for the Chiefs to hold them to one run was super impressive.

Edited by - bambino_dad on 04/06/2009 12:18:18
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  13:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ultimate: Chiefs
American: BlackCrackers
National: Braves
Go to Top of Page

motown

25 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The chiefs are part floridians also so yes Florida is n mid season form. I talk to number 51s mom and they have played over 50 games already
Go to Top of Page

proball

36 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  18:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say great job by Chiefs and capitalizing on teams mishaps. Hope the weather gets better for another match up between the final four clubs from Georgia. Who's your top ten Georgia teams? I know your placing the Chiefs as #1.
quote:

How about them CHIEFS ! ustba Champs

Go to Top of Page

ecbstix

115 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  06:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All depends on who they fly in! We had a Chief parent tell us they had never seen some of the kids before! Also had a Fla. kid say they had never even practiced with the Chiefs before! When did "Coaching" become "Acquiring talent" as opposed to "Developing talent"? Must be rough on the kids who sit to make room for the Hired talent! So much for playing as a team and having team loyalty! In my opinion this has more to do with giving parents and (paid) coaches bragging rights and less to do with teaching the game!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000