New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  14:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alot of talk about the best 10U teams in Georgia. There are a few teams getting under the radar because they played football in the fall or didn't play as a team. Who else we got?

Sandtown
ECB Tigers
Gresham Park
Expect a relatively unknown team out of Augusta,GA to make some noise
Georgia Grip or Millcreeek anyone know if the Grip is still together

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  17:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Grip are alive and well. Mill Creek busted up into 3 separate teams. I'll let you all figure that all out. Had they stayed as one, they would have been my favorite to unseat the Bandits.

I don't see may surprises because the talent has become overly diluted. Holly Springs perhaps. Chain Dirt Dawgs would be my dark horse.

quote:
Originally posted by HITANDRUN

Alot of talk about the best 10U teams in Georgia. There are a few teams getting under the radar because they played football in the fall or didn't play as a team. Who else we got?

Sandtown
ECB Tigers
Gresham Park
Expect a relatively unknown team out of Augusta,GA to make some noise
Georgia Grip or Millcreeek anyone know if the Grip is still together

Go to Top of Page

jscoda

123 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  19:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bmoser knows of some team in Gwinnett that has a couple of hard throwers and big hitters....perhaps thats the sleeper.

ECB Tigers are known to be good. Same for Sandtown and Gresham Park / Yarddogs. Millcreek is a good team but not under the radar.

The ECB Luck might be pretty good too.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  21:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which East Cobb did the Astros become? Never and I mean never underestimate this group.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  06:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Luck I don't know much about them. Where did they come from who is their coach. If Millcreek busted into 3 teams they can't be that good this season.
Go to Top of Page

tombstone

30 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  07:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are the tigers
Go to Top of Page

tombstone

30 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  08:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the Luck ,i think is that bunch from hobgood,i think most of the kids played with the hobgood lighting last year,their coch is Hurter,i think they will be ok
Go to Top of Page

tombstone

30 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  08:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the mill creek red team is pretty good if this is the same group that played together in fall.
Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  08:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oregon Park is a team being over looked. New to travel ball, but not to comp. ball. They have always been in the mix.
Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  08:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is team out of rome that willbe ok but havent seen them listed in any tourneys.the way it looks this year if you are going to play in the elite tourneys ,you need to be signed up and paid for by now.
Go to Top of Page

behindtheball

18 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  09:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice south Atlanta team to watch for as kids develop thru the years. Believe it is the Panthers. Buddy has a son on the team. Kid is already monster - 5-3, 110 with speed to burn. Brings it from the hill, too.
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  09:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did the good black kid from Parkview Panthers stay with them or move to another team, he was really good from what I remember?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'd need to do some research to figure Mill Creek 10U out, and a few of the other Gwinnett teams. A lot has transpired since 9U. A small handful of us Gwinnettians are capable of ranking the teams as they are now arranged, but I'm not telling prior to the Super NIT.

Generally speaking, the 10U Gwinnett teams are overly diluted by County design. Nearly every team is in effect an all-star team made up of boys from a single park. Parks are arranged by High School cluster, so these boys/parks compete with each other from T-Ball all stars through High School.90% of Gwinnett "travel" teams fit this mold and parents are reluctant to venture out. Those who do are seen as traitors to the system. They forgive us come H.S. tryouts though :)

By March 16th, you'll know which teams are all-stars, and which are not. 3 of these all-star teams can play some ball, so be forewarned. You will also get to see the best players in the metro area, so bring your radar guns, camcorders, and tape measures.

Remember where McCann and Francoeur came from? Remember how and why they wound up in East Cobb? This scenario will continue to play out again and again for the same reasons. Gwinnett has 20% more kids than Cobb, so will produce more top athletes. Cobb has the better baseball programs and facilities, so will produce more top teams. The top players want to play for the top teams, so this Westward migration will continue. You'll get a preview of what's coming your way in a few years in the tourneys ahead.

I hope you will enjoy the gargantuan homers, and overpowering pitching as much as I have.

quote:

The Luck I don't know much about them. Where did they come from who is their coach. If Millcreek busted into 3 teams they can't be that good this season.

Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldcoach

there is team out of rome that willbe ok but havent seen them listed in any tourneys.the way it looks this year if you are going to play in the elite tourneys ,you need to be signed up and paid for by now.

Who is the team out of Rome?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same boys. Not the same as 9U Mill Creek from 2008 Spring though.

quote:
Originally posted by tombstone

the mill creek red team is pretty good if this is the same group that played together in fall.

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have a good eye

quote:
Originally posted by 743

Did the good black kid from Parkview Panthers stay with them or move to another team, he was really good from what I remember?

Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  11:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You buddies son improved a lot last year, especially his control. By Fall season he wasn't walking nearly as many hitters. Was keeping it down a lot more. I like the other hard thrower they have even more. Had a bit more velocity and more control. They just are not the same team w/o you know who though.

Your bud is lucky. These are great coaches...the kind you want you son to play for. Among the best GGBL has to offer. This is football territory though, and baseball's an afterthought in Orangeland.

quote:
Originally posted by behindtheball

Nice south Atlanta team to watch for as kids develop thru the years. Believe it is the Panthers. Buddy has a son on the team. Kid is already monster - 5-3, 110 with speed to burn. Brings it from the hill, too.

Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  12:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they are some of the rome fire from last year,i think they are called the rome bandits maybe?rome fire had some great coaches last year ,dont know if same coaches still with this team.
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  14:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened to the 2 pitchers from the N. GA Storm I think one was a lefty the other a righty? Where did they end up?
Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  23:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tombstone

This team's strength will be hitting. They will be weak on defense, pitching and the head coach is very inexperienced. They gave up almost 10 runs per game in the only tournament they played last Fall.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  08:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10U Predictions The 3 teams that will dominate all season
Boyton Bandits-
6-4-3 DP-
Grip-

The rest will have to avoid playing in a tournamet with these three teams to win a tournament.
Go to Top of Page

coachz

38 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  09:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by HITANDRUN

Boyton Bandits-
6-4-3 DP-
Grip-

The rest will have to avoid playing in a tournamet with these three teams to win a tournament.

Man, this is going to be fun when the 27th finally gets here!! 6-4-3? The Grip?
Go to Top of Page

oldcoach

27 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  10:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree that bandits is on top ,but after this fall i have concerns for 6-4-3 and the grip,did not impress me at triple crown fall tourneys
Go to Top of Page

baseball99

89 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  10:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Boyton Bandits-
6-4-3 DP-
Grip-

HITANDRUN, that Grip prediction is way out of left field. No one else has mentioned them at all. What gives you the impression they are going to be very good?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  11:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boynton's been around forever, and 6-4-3 is no newcomer either. But, where did these Grip dudes you all keep bringing up come from?

They were not even on the radar screen just a few months ago. How can that happen?

Everybody in Gwinnett plays in the GGBL league for their High School feeders like Collins Hill, Mill Creek, Dacula, North Gwinnett, Buford ect.. There's no Grip High School! I see they're from Lawrenceville. That's Central Gwinnet High School territory. They should be called Central Gwinnett Black Knights.

quote]Originally posted by HITANDRUN

Boyton Bandits-
6-4-3 DP-
Grip-

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  11:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 Great teams but there are at least 10 more that you could name that if playing well could win any tournament these 3 are in. Sandtown, East Cobb Astros or whatever their new name is, East Cobb Scorpions, Holly Springs, Rome, and many more. Can't wait for this group to "GET IT ON"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000