General Discussion
 FINAL BIG BASH ! ELITE 24 : GA TEAMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mamabee

10 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  10:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
y'all lets see through and support our 2 georgia teams who made it to the USSSA national finals 12 u tournament in Disney. Its called the Elite 24.

Best of success to Paulding County Vipers + North georgia Bombers !!!!

http://www.usssa.com/sports/TournamentSeedingReport.asp?TournID=471103

http://pcvipers.com/

http://leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=ngbombers

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  01:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
California 5 teams
Texas 3
Georgia 2
Florida 2
North Carlina 2
Go to Top of Page

scotsar

89 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  10:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotsar

[quote]Originally posted by coachdan06

California 5 teams
Texas 3
Georgia 2
Florida 2
North Carlina 2

just like the NCAAs
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  21:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paulding Co lost 4-1 to Norwalk Stingrays.

Bombers beat Oklahoma Stixx 9-1.

Here is the complete list.

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket.asp?Type=Winners&Tournament=471103
Go to Top of Page

TravelFan

17 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  15:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's also give support to the 11U Chiefs team that won Cooperstown 10U week last season and the 11U Georgia USSSA State Championship this season. Their undefeated going into bracket play.

Also let's give support to the 13U Atlanta Monarchs making their third consecutive trip to the Elite 24. Their best finish was in 2006 when they were 3rd. In 2006 & 2007 they won the Georgia USSSA Elite Major State title and finished second this season to the Georgia Bandits (NATC Cooperstown Champs in 2007). The Monarchs have fallen to the losers bracket after going undefeated in pool play which included a huge win over Team Anderson, arguably California's best team.

Both teams have my full support and backing as they are TRUE TRAVEL PROGRAMS committed to giving boys an opportunity to see this beautiful country and meet people from other regions/environments at the same time instilling a high level of determination and self worth.
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  18:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TravelFan,
It is definately deserving to recognize those teams. They have done well to get to where they are. I don't really understand the "TRUE TRAVEL PROGRAMS" reference. I assume you did not mean to imply that other programs such as East Cobb, which also has teams down there in the 13 and 14 year old age groups, are not true travel programs.

I expect I just misunderstood the intention of that statement.
Go to Top of Page

mamabee

10 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  23:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TravelFan

Let's also give support to the 11U Chiefs team that won Cooperstown 10U week last season and the 11U Georgia USSSA State Championship this season. Their undefeated going into bracket play.

Also let's give support to the 13U Atlanta Monarchs making their third consecutive trip to the Elite 24. Their best finish was in 2006 when they were 3rd. In 2006 & 2007 they won the Georgia USSSA Elite Major State title and finished second this season to the Georgia Bandits (NATC Cooperstown Champs in 2007). The Monarchs have fallen to the losers bracket after going undefeated in pool play which included a huge win over Team Anderson, arguably California's best team.

Both teams have my full support and backing as they are TRUE TRAVEL PROGRAMS committed to giving boys an opportunity to see this beautiful country and meet people from other regions/environments at the same time instilling a high level of determination and self worth.

well I can sure respect that
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  13:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here we are half way through the elite 24 week.

14U - EC Astros got knocked down into the losers bracket by Panteras. No other GA teams in this age division. They play again Thursday afternoon at 2:30.

13U - Unfortunately the GA Bandits and Atlanta Monarchs have been eliminated. EC Astros are in the finals of their half of the bracket, set to play the winner of teh losers bracket tomorrow morning. They will have two shots at getting to the championship. Astros are the only GA team left in for this age bracket. (Key note, the Banditos Black 13U got beat yesterday, which is a rarity for this team in that age division.)

12U - PC Vipers went 0-2 in pool play, but are 1-0 in elimination play and still in the winners bracket. They are playing the Charlotte Megastars now. N GA Bombers went 1-1 in pool play and have lost their first bracket game, so they are in the losers bracket set to play the loser of Banditos Black 12 vs Dallas Tigers, this evening at 7pm. That is all the GA teams. Other team of interest, the Terminators are still in the winners bracket.

11U - The Chiefs are playing strong and are in the winners bracket for their half of the bracket. They await the winner of the losers bracket and will play tomorrow at 10am. They will have two shots at getting to the championship. The Chiefs are the only GA team in this division.

10U - No GA teams in this division

9U - Bandits are still in but in the losers brackets. They are currently playing Dye Hard Baseball to stay alive in the losers bracket. They are the only GA team in this divison.

Good luck to all of these teams and a great job of representing GA Baseball.

That's the news from Orlando Florida and the wonderful Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program......
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  15:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately PC Vipers lost 4-0 to the Charlotte Megastars. They are now in the loser bracket for the 12U division.

I know this list does not have any GA teams in it, but here is my final 4 prediction for the 12U division:

Terminators
Norwalk Stingrays
Team Anderson
Central FL Sting
Go to Top of Page

scottwill311

52 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  16:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Banditos Black in place of Sting and they win it all---
Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  17:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I struggled with that pick, scott. I had the sting edging them out. It should be interesting nonetheless.
Go to Top of Page

goyard

217 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  21:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta agree with SW on that one...love to see a GA team fight all the way back but have to feel the Banditos Black will win out. Saw and met a pitcher for CFS in Coop when we were there on the Tsunami team. Nice kid with good skills! They won out that week.
Go to Top of Page

scotsar

89 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  23:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greglomax

Unfortunately PC Vipers lost 4-0 to the Charlotte Megastars. They are now in the loser bracket for the 12U division.

I know this list does not have any GA teams in it, but here is my final 4 prediction for the 12U division:

Terminators
Norwalk Stingrays
Team Anderson
Central FL Sting

how ya figure so ?

Florida Sting was a loser tonight there in a loser bracket !

Go to Top of Page

greglomax

1031 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  23:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updates from the 12U division:

ok, so one of my picks has already been eliminated. Team Anderson ran out of juice and lost to the SV Yankees and the Jackson Coyotes. 1 down, 3 to go.

The PC Vipers have been eliminated by the SV Bulldogs 8-7. The N GA Bombers won there game 4-3 eliminating the Dallas Tigers and living to play another day. They play again tomorrow (Friday) at 12:30pm Central Florida Sting (another one of my picks that have not gone into the losers bracket).

Congratulations to the PC Vipers for an Outstanding season and good luck to the Bombers as they continue to fight through the losers bracket.

Edited by - greglomax on 08/08/2008 08:33:14
Go to Top of Page

lifeguard

74 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  16:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bombers fight back in 12U, beating Dallas Tigers on Thursday night and Beaver Valley Red and Central Florida Sting on Friday to play Saturday morning, losing in a good close game 6-5 to Banditos Black. Congratulations to North Georgia Bombers, way to fight!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000