General Discussion
 2012 Bats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  11:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read the latest updated list with USSSA about bats concerning the 2012 season. It states the bat must have the "new usssa" mark on the bat, but from reading the newest rules....does this only apply to bbcor bats?

My question basically is, are 2010 Worth Prodigy -10 bats legal for the 2012 season?

crackedbats

160 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  06:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about every other organization? Will we have to have a different bat for them? WILL USSSA be different than Triple Crown. What is the new bat specs vs the old for the younger age groups?
Go to Top of Page

Enine

66 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  08:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That 2010 Prodigy will not be legal in USSSA play in 2012. All bats will need the stamp for age groups below 15U. 15U and above will require BBCOR.
Go to Top of Page

a1prog

164 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  09:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son came to me with an interesting proposition the other day. He is a high schooler who will be entering his senior year. With the exception of one tournament so far this summer everything he played in was wood bat. His last tourney, the BCS is bbcor- but you can use wood as long as it too has the bbcor stamp (yes, wood bats that are later 2011 editions also come with this stamp so they can be used in place of metal should a player choose to do so). Anyway, his proposition was- lets not spend 2500-300 on a metal bbcor for next high school season because it will only get one year of use. Why not go out and buy two wood bats so one can be used for bp and the other for games. I had to pause for a second but as i think it thru it sounds like a solid move so long as a kid and his coach are comfortable hitting with wood. Would like to hear from other high school dads on this.
Go to Top of Page

G-Man

326 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  10:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is I personally have not found in Central Florida anything from a drop 5 to drop 3 2012 baseball bats that have the Usssa stamp on it. I know all drop 3's will be BBCOR but the drop 5 bats that are out now dont have the stamp.

This is going to present a problem for Usssa upholding the rule if bats are not available in the drop 5's with the stamp on them.

quote:
Originally posted by Enine

That 2010 Prodigy will not be legal in USSSA play in 2012. All bats will need the stamp for age groups below 15U. 15U and above will require BBCOR.

Go to Top of Page

fieldofdreams

3 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  12:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the 2011 Easton Omen XLB -5 (BNC12XL) is legal for 14U in 2012? Does it have the USSSA 1.15 stamp on it?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

cmoncoach

29 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  15:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the Easton Rival XXL BG12XL(-5) bat always had the USSSA 1.15 stamp on it?
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  16:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From everything that I've read on the 14U rules for 2012....even though some bats may have supposedly been tested for a BPF 1.15 prior to this upcoming season, they've never issued stickers on the bats. Starting Jan. 1 2012, ALL bats used in USSSA games for 14U, MUST HAVE this new sticker on the tapered part of the bat.

Edited by - WestCoastGuru on 07/04/2011 17:42:20
Go to Top of Page

Enine

66 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  09:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As WestCoast has stated, not legal without a stamp. Check justbats dot com, they already have 2012 bats with the USSSA stamp for sale. It is best to call and speak with a rep as the description may not have been updated.
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  12:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few notes on the above:
*I would not suggest a wood bat for a HS player. They will be hindered in performance and the cost will probably be higher once you figure how many wood bats they will break in a season.
*The BPF 1.15/USSSA stamp is, as of now, only required for 2012 USSSA tournaments. That being said all bat Mfrs. are making their 2012 bats with this USSSA stamp. Elite Sports has several already that have been released and will have the others in August and early Sept. **I am hopeful that you would buy from a local store rather than an internet company. We discount bats when they cannot, and provide you with assistance in picking out the correct bat.
*Some of the recently released Easton bats have the new USSSA stamp on them. They are still considered 2011 models and have been etched with the stamp to make them allowable for USSSA play next year.
*To the best of my knowledge the entire line of Easton Omen composite bats are not able to pass the Bpf 1.15 standard and will not be able to have the USSSA stamp on them.
*After speaking to most all promoters in the area, none of them are going to follow the USSSA guideline. So as of now you will be allowed to use a bat from 2011 or older in all tournaments other than USSSA. This could change, but as of now your son will be able to use his current bat, and if your team plays in USSSA then you will need a different/new bat, at least one for the team. **If you are planning on buying a new bat I would either get one with the USSSA stamp or if you buy an older model get it really cheaply**

If you have any questions please call or email me anytime:
Ronald Brooks
Elite Sports East Cobb
p= 678-903-0024
e= ronald@elitesportseastcobb.com
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  13:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man

The problem is I personally have not found in Central Florida anything from a drop 5 to drop 3 2012 baseball bats that have the Usssa stamp on it. I know all drop 3's will be BBCOR but the drop 5 bats that are out now dont have the stamp.

This is going to present a problem for Usssa upholding the rule if bats are not available in the drop 5's with the stamp on them.

I am going to have the same problem. Drop 5s don't seem to be available with the stamp.
Go to Top of Page

G-Man

326 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be a problem for Usssa. How can they enforce this new rule if drop 5 bats dont include their stamp. My son has been swinging a drop 3 for over a year now and right now is not the time to use a drop 3 BBCOR so hence a drop 5 would be more useful for this coming year. I believe if forced to go to a drop 8 which I have seen have the Usssa stamp for 13 or 14u is taking a step back.

quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

quote:
Originally posted by G-Man

I am going to have the same problem. Drop 5s don't seem to be available with the stamp.

Go to Top of Page

D-Fulcher

2 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  21:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Easton Reflex: BX80 is a -5 that is a 2012 stamped bat one I maybe looking at for my son but I suspect there will be more come January.
Go to Top of Page

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  11:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just did a quick search on the internet just bats. I saw several -5 bats with the USSSA stamp. Several eastons including the reflex and rival as well as the 2012 exo.
Go to Top of Page

Trainwreck

1 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  13:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to justbats the Easton Omen BNC12XL -5 has the USSSA stamp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000