General Discussion
 USSSA question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  20:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were rained out for the ship game last weekend. We were awarded second place because of runs allowed. That is fine, my question is: Usssa has us down for a loss on their website even though we never played the game. Is this what they are suppose to do. I don't feel like we should take a loss because the game was never played.

baseball papa

123 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  07:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fourseam: You are right. I checked the website and your team in showing 3-1. We all know that this must be some sort of mistake. The championship game was not played due to the weather but the Lightning was undefeated up to that point. I have no problem with using runs allowed as a tie breaker as this is the general rule but you should not be awarded a loss. I would suggest that USSSA list both teams as 3-0 but award the points based on the tie breaker. They also listed the Bandits as 4-0 although we only won 3 games. The North Georgia Lightning was playing as well as Papa had ever seen them play and the Bandits expected a hard fought battle and we do not begin to assume that we would have won. The Battle of the South was also decided on tie breakers and that is always a bummer no matter what organization is hosting. We have all been bit by the weather at some point but in this case I feel sure that the error will be corrected.
Go to Top of Page

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  13:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Papa, we feel that the Bandits deserve first place. We just hate to have that loss showing. We played some good ball last weekend and would love to have faced you guys as it always make us a little better. We didn't expect to win the championship we just would have loved to play one more game with you.

Congratulations on finally getting qualified for Disney and best of luck. Looks like it is going to be a great tournament.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000