General Discussion
 New Team Website Input?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rustybucket

67 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  14:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've decided to bite the bullet and try to form our own 8u team for next year!! We're down in South Ga so I doubt anyone on this board would be interested, but the reason I'm posting...

I'm in the process of building our team website and wanted to get any input from coaches and/or parents as to what I'm missing or what I have failed to properly convey.

My main goal with the site was to keep it simple, I've visited some team websites where I couldn't find my way around and they seemed way too busy. I went the opposite of this. Of course over time it will grow, but my goal is to keep it simple, clean and to properly convey the information.

Here is a link to our site:
http://leatherbusters.wordpress.com/

The 'Expectations' page has quite a bit of info on it, but I feel it's probably the most important part of the site.

Of course all scheduling will be done on the calendar portion and a team roster section will be added as the roster forms.

We're going to start handing links out to this site in the next few days to potential players we're looking at so I'm open to any/all ideas, comments, concerns....etc. This is our first step in this direction so I'd appreciate any pointers from you guys and gals who have already gotten your feet wet with all this.

Let me know the good/bad/ugly!! Many Thanks!!

Edited by - rustybucket on 06/28/2011 08:21:55

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  13:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job!
Go to Top of Page

T13

257 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  14:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming this is for Coach Pitch and Kid Pitch (not much machine pitch in georgia if you play USSSA)...
Go to Top of Page

BREAMKING

323 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  14:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice your on your way. I would post something on the red room website for the clinch county kids. They got some good athletes usually over that way or maybe take a add out in the clinch paper.
Go to Top of Page

rustybucket

67 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  15:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T13

Assuming this is for Coach Pitch and Kid Pitch (not much machine pitch in georgia if you play USSSA)...

We haven't decided exactly what route we plan on heading yet. All the rec leagues around here are machine pitch so that is pretty much all the kids down here have seen. I would imagine that we will go for coach pitch our first year and from there move to kid pitch.
Go to Top of Page

newman

21 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  16:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Under the "Parents will not" heading you have:

Chastise, berate or belittle any player, parent, coach, official or umpire

If this is an enforced rule, you will not field a team!
Go to Top of Page

gamefanatic

40 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  22:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice website you've got going. My comment would be under required equipment - All players required to wear athletic cups. It should not just be catchers. As our son has gotten older more of the boys are not wearing cups. Infielders especially need to wear cups - players play differently when the wear cups. Players need to get in that habit as early as 8 and it will become second nature as they grow older. Chaps my hide when the players do not wear cups.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000