General Discussion
 Trading pins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Outtahere

43 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  13:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I am not too enthused...our team wants to do them for our end of season trip in June. Any suggestions who we can get trading pins from?

263 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  14:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How customary is this? Is it pretty much a must do if you go to a World Series event or tournament that has a opening ceremony? Just wondering what other experienced teams have done.
Go to Top of Page

12uCoach

357 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  14:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you don't mind "Made in China", I have used http://www.pinpromotions.com/ 1-800-264-3923. Pins were always in my hand 7 days after the proof was accepted. Prices were good and quality was good.
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  15:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pinpros.com is who we used for Disney. Fairly reasonable and good turnaround times.
Go to Top of Page

bball-fan

89 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are you not enthused? It's a fun chance for the boys to interact with players from other teams/states.

Go to Top of Page

davidh6265

27 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  01:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lock them up tight at night and whenever the team is away from dorm(Cooperstown). They WILL be stolen. Just saying
Go to Top of Page

Mike Corbin

523 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  06:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it would depend on the age. If they are under 13 then it is a must! You will see many of the siblings and parents getting involved as well. They will be trying to get a pin from ALL of the other teams in the event. It can be very fun for all.
Go to Top of Page

ballfan

1 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  06:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pincentives is a great company to work with and they are local here in Georgia. Great prices and turnaround times.
www.pincentives.com or call them at 770-939-9305
Go to Top of Page

beanball

222 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  06:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Pincrafters http://www.pincrafters.com they're up in New Hampshire I think there prices are the best I found a few years ago for C-Town.
Go to Top of Page

Outtahere

43 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  08:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another expense is all. I am sure the boys will enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  08:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Corbin

I guess it would depend on the age. If they are under 13 then it is a must! You will see many of the siblings and parents getting involved as well. They will be trying to get a pin from ALL of the other teams in the event. It can be very fun for all.

How MANY pins do you order? Do they just trade with their age group or all the teams there?
Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  10:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the customary number of pins to order?
Go to Top of Page

beanball

222 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  10:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we went to C-town we had 100 pins for each player. We never traded pins before or after C-town. We're really were not trading pin fans but it was the most popular activitiy for the players when there was down time. Both my sons have all their pins on a large board in our trophy room. Its a great memory.
Go to Top of Page

Catch3dad

90 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  18:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At what age do the kids stop trading pins? My son plays at 12U and his team has done the trading thing in the past but he nor I have really ever got to excited about it. Do any younger team NOT trade pins? Do the kids seem to enjoy it? Or is it just something that some like and others don't?
Go to Top of Page

Mike Corbin

523 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  11:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the younger teams do trade pins. This usually ONLY occurs at World Series type events however. I would get enough pins for the boys to cover at least as many teams you think will be in the event then add some more as there is always multiple age groups at these things and someone may have THE pin that everyone is after.

If this is a Cooperstown year then you will really be doing the kids a diservice by not getting them IMO. It is one of the highlights of the trip. Plus if you are doing well your pin becomes a hot item around the player village.
Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  13:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beanball

When we went to C-town we had 100 pins for each player. We never traded pins before or after C-town. We're really were not trading pin fans but it was the most popular activitiy for the players when there was down time. Both my sons have all their pins on a large board in our trophy room. Its a great memory.

beanball- Do you trade with just your age group or all teams at the ceremony? For that matter do they trade at the games or the ceremony? This has to be a HUGE expense! Is there anything else you have seen traded other than pens, like towels, or something like that?
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  13:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 22202Do you trade with just your age group or all teams at the ceremony? For that matter do they trade at the games or the ceremony? This has to be a HUGE expense! Is there anything else you have seen traded other than pens, like towels, or something like that?

During games, let the kids play ball - Mom's and siblings are great with the trading - at Disney they would hunt down teams in packs out front of WWOS and at the fields. We only saw pins being trades..

I've been given advise to do the same at Cooperstown - let the family handle the pin trading because it becomes too distracting for the boys.

Go to Top of Page

bmwac

29 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  14:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not beanball, but when we go (10U now) we have traded with every age group there. The older kids don't seem to care what age the team is, they want pins too. It really is a lot of fun. Even the parents get into it. The last two years I've had my son's towel with all his pins framed. It a great keepsake. As far as the expense, I suppose it's all relative. We have spent an average of $100 for the pins. That gets on average 35-45 pins, all depends on the size and how far in advance you have ordered them......price goes up significantly when they have to be rushed.....

Edited by - bmwac on 04/28/2011 14:50:40
Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  15:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so does the team get them or do the parents get them individually? Seems to be a big difference in what everyone is doing. Some teams get 100 pins per member to trade and some only get 35-40? Sounds fun for a new experience for the kids though. Not to beat a dead horse but when is the pin trading going on? or are the parents doing it for them?
Go to Top of Page

bmwac

29 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  18:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Generally the pins are ordered by the team or team mom ( no matter how old they are there is still the woman behind the man, lol) you will generally get a better deal with a quantity order also. At most world series events there is some kind of opening ceremony and thats when/where the pin trading starts. Last year, those that still had pins left to trade did so later in the week during the games at the field. The number of pins you buy is really up to you. Just make sure to save one of your own team's pin for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

bball-fan

89 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  19:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The number of pins you get depends on the number of teams in the tournament. 20 teams in your age, plus other ages, I'd say get 30 pins per player. Usually, the players do the majority of the trading. The parents will help out if during a game they see a team that their son doesn't have.
Go to Top of Page

beanball

222 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  06:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only time my boys traded pins was at c-town. All the teams are the same age there so that's not an issue. There was about 100 teams when we went so that is what drove the pin quanitity. Coaches frowned upon trading pins during games -- to say the least. But all other times its fiar game. Some were more into it than others but it is a memory that will last forever.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000