General Discussion
 Background checks on coaches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpeedKills

106 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to do one on a coach? I am gald we didn't play for a team that we tried out for and made. The coach is in having money problems and asking 1,500 to play on his team. I just think parents should have some kind of way to check out who's coaching their kids and if they have had any money problems in the past..Happened at ECB this year from what I hear..

oldschooldad

203 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  13:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a firm believe that the coach should NOT be in charge of the books. Have some one else handle any and all money matters. Send out a spreadsheet to all the parents with the team budget and all expenses. Our government doesn't do a good job with transparency but parents should demand it of their coaches.
Go to Top of Page

scottboring

44 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  15:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree oldschooldad. I have always had a treasurer that is not my wife or another coach for accountability and our budget is available for any parent to review at anytime. That way we have a check and balance system. I've seen it firsthand and heard about the dishonest coaches. Sadly, some coaches will lie about more than just the money too! Check around if you don't know them!
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  17:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done the books for our team for the past few years. Not only is there less rick of "issues", it lets the coaches worry about coaching and not need to worry about collecting money, and paying fees.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000