General Discussion
 Swing Away
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TODDS

153 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  06:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any experience with using this system? Thinking of purchasing one for my 10 yr old for indoor workouts during the winter months and would like some pros and cons on this product before buying. Thanks

KMball

54 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  08:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased a Swing Away for my 10yo son this summer. Its a great solution for getting reps in, especially when used in combo with some professional instruction. One of the ball ropes busted after a couple of months, but I called Swing Away and they replaced with a "heavy duty" version of the ball and rope at no charge under warranty. Bottom line is that this is good training device, and so far, appears to be backed by a quality company. Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  14:51:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great training device in my opinion. We have one in the garage and use it year round.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  22:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the portable unit to take to tournaments.
1) It guarantees you have a way to warm up your players before games since some facilities don't have cages.
2) it give players that are coming in, part of the way through the game, a way to warm up.

It is a great investment and allows players a way to get lots of cuts in without chasing balls down.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  08:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are they easy to assemble?
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  09:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's put it like this moser. It should be easy for you to assemble but when my kid's were little I had to call my Dad to assist me in assembling toys that said "A CHILD CAN ASSEMBLE.". A child might but Papa couldn't and I was about 38 years old at that time and haven't got a bit smarter about assembly since that time.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  17:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they are easy to assemble. The portable one takes about 15 minutes to initially assemble and take about 2-5 minutes to fold down, or stand up. It is a lot easier than the popup nets that are like wrestling an alligator.
Go to Top of Page

SwingAway2010

8 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  23:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SwingAway Sports Products- Marietta GA. - 404 825 7063 www.swingaway.com. We are the Newest and a Proud sponsor of NWBA.

The SwingAway is the most trusted and effective Hitting Training Aid in the Game of Baseball. Used by all 30 MLB Teams plus the Top BB College, High School and Travel Programs in the US.

Sports Authority is selling "The SwingAway Hitting System" The Ultimate for Home Training and for Team Use for 12u Teams for the lowest price of the year this WEEK ONLY for $149.99 while supplies last- Last year we sold out during the Sale Week.

If you miss this sale at Sports Authority, we are selling completely re-furbished (Better than New) and fully assembled SwingAway's for $150.00 while supplies last. We also have several Professional, Team and Institutional Models available for Serious Players and Teams

Give the Gift of Hitting this Holiday- A Gift that keeps on Hitting!
Go to Top of Page

SwingAway2010

8 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  17:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SwingAway2010

SwingAway Sports Products- Marietta GA. - 404 825 7063 www.swingaway.com. We are the Newest and a Proud sponsor of NWBA.

The SwingAway is the most trusted and effective Hitting Training Aid in the Game of Baseball. Used by all 30 MLB Teams plus the Top BB College, High School and Travel Programs in the US.

Sports Authority is selling "The SwingAway Hitting System" The Ultimate for Home Training and for Team Use for 12u Teams for the lowest price of the year this WEEK ONLY for $149.99 while supplies last- Last year we sold out during the Sale Week.

If you miss this sale at Sports Authority, we are selling completely re-furbished (Better than New) and fully assembled SwingAway's for $150.00 while supplies last. We also have several Professional, Team and Institutional Models available for Serious Players and Teams

Give the Gift of Hitting this Holiday- A Gift that keeps on Hitting!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000