General Discussion
 ETEAMZ tournament listing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Storm Baseball

212 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  17:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen what ETEAMZ has done to their tournament listings lately??? It is impossible to get thru and in my opinion they really have messed up a good thing.

Any other tournament listings out there that I am not aware of??? Might be a good opportunity for Stan here!!!

stanlewis

545 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  18:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We keep an index of all of the ones posted in the forums. Below is the link and it is also on the right hand side in case some of you have missed it. I am working with some people in the surrounding areas and states to get them to list theirs. The list keeps growing. Pass the word around and we can get most of the ones teams in this area are interested in listed.

www.nwgabaseball.org/Articles/Tournaments.html
Go to Top of Page

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  18:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, eteamz has really blown it! It looks like one of those "improvements" brought on by their new owner. Wink, wink. I hate it so much that I probably won't even use it any more.
Go to Top of Page

bball-fan

89 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  18:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once you get used to the new Eteamz format, I actually like it better than the old one.
Go to Top of Page

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  20:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's no way to use the new format and know for certain that you're not missing something, in my view.
Go to Top of Page

Storm Baseball

212 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  20:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Stan, that is exactly why I posted this forum because MY normal way of searching for tournaments is gone and we need a replacement and figured the NWBA site would be the logical place to continue.
Go to Top of Page

KoopsDad

73 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  21:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New format sux! I have looked at it several times and given up in just a few min.
Go to Top of Page

coachdan06

433 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  22:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stanlewis

We keep an index of all of the ones posted in the forums. Below is the link and it is also on the right hand side in case some of you have missed it. I am working with some people in the surrounding areas and states to get them to list theirs. The list keeps growing. Pass the word around and we can get most of the ones teams in this area are interested in listed.

www.nwgabaseball.org/Articles/Tournaments.html

thanks stan !
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  22:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SSBuckeye

There's no way to use the new format and know for certain that you're not missing something, in my view.

Type in Atlanta, GA click FIND IT and then Click on Refine Your Search. Not much different than the old, just "improved" the layout. Not as bad as the changes of the newer versions of MS Office compared to the older versions...
Go to Top of Page

zwndad

170 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  13:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried what 3sondad recommended, and I thought it worked pretty well. Just different.

BTW, Stan Lewis deserves a huge raise for all the work he does for GA travel baseball. If we's getting paid what I think he is to manage this website, then I personally will fund a 100% increase in his pay.
Go to Top of Page

PumknHead

81 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  21:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Type in Atlanta, GA click FIND IT and then Click on Refine Your Search. Not much different than the old, just "improved" the layout. Not as bad as the changes of the newer versions of MS Office compared to the older versions...

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  13:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I hadn't tried the refine your search link, and it does indeed do what you need it to do. I'll have to retract my condemnation, though if a site requires an explanation on a 3rd party site in order make something work, there's an inherent design problem in play!
Go to Top of Page

Storm Baseball

212 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  19:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't like the fact that you have to sort it by date...the older version was much easier
Go to Top of Page

gausssa

209 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  10:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the old saying "Don't fix it if it's not broke". Old eteamz was much better....
Go to Top of Page

baserunner

115 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  18:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you put this in your URL for 13U you should not have any problems.

http://search.active.com/search?f=activities&l=&m=meta%3AstartDate%3Adaterange%3Atoday..+meta%3Achannel%3DBaseball+meta%3AsplitMediaType%3DTournament+meta%3AsplitMediaType%3D13U&k=georgia&v=list&chk=13+%26+under&s=date_asc&r=50
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  16:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I typed Georgia 12U and it seemed to give me all the tourneys that are listed now. Baserunner, what did you type to get that URL?
Go to Top of Page

baserunner

115 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  10:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ESEC2100

I typed Georgia 12U and it seemed to give me all the tourneys that are listed now. Baserunner, what did you type to get that URL?

This one works for 12U:

http://search.active.com/search?k=georgia&f=activities&v=list&l=&r=50&s=date_asc&chk=12+%26+under&m=meta%3AstartDate%3Adaterange%3Atoday..+meta%3Achannel%3DBaseball+meta%3AsplitMediaType%3DTournament+meta%3AsplitMediaType%3D12U
Go to Top of Page

Scribe

52 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  13:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanted to bump this topic back to the top and save others the frustration I experienced last night attempting to locate tournaments via the "new & improved" ETeamz format.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000