General Discussion
 Pi$$ed at Easton Right Now!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KoopsDad

73 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  11:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought an Easton LSS4XL (small barrel composite) late summer. It cracked second day (obvious defect - was using good balls). Sent back to Easton and have been waiting 2 months for replacement. They say this particular model is no longer available and that I will have to wait until December for it's replacement (the Omen) to be made available. Omen can be purchased now just about anywhere bats are sold online and I saw kids hitting them this weekend, but Easton will not make them available as replacements until December. Meanwhile, I am 4 months (of my 400 day warranty) without a bat and missed using it the entire fall season. Easton is more concerned with selling their bats then to use some of them to satisfy existing customers to whom they sold a defective product. Just spreading the word!!

Spartan4

913 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  12:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is why we don't use Easton bats anymore!!!! We have had 4 Worth bats replaced(all within a week or two) and 1 Louisville Bat replaced. All these bats were dealt with in a very timely manner but the only Easton bat that I have ever sent back took 3 months to get another one and they ran me around 10 times about what happened, where did it happen, what balls were you using, is the boy using the bat to big for a -10....No questions with the other manufacturers.
Go to Top of Page

coach0512

123 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  12:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your situation.
I bought a $320 Easton bat two years ago for my son to use in All-Stars. The bat was fine, my son just did not hit well with it. Went to another bat and he did great.
Anyways........
Did you buy direct from Easton? If not, can the retailer help you out? Maybe with a loaner?
Did you pay by credit card? Dispute the charge through your issuer and maybe you can at least get your money back and buy an Omen right now.
Just some thoughts. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  19:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent back a Worth Prodigy Lithium about a month ago and they told me it would be December, but offered me the new Worth Composite Toxic instead if I didn't want to wait. So I opted for the more expensive composite in -9 instead of -10.

I think the issue is like any product these days made overseas. They make them in bulk and ship at one time. After they have sold/them and shipped them out they have more made.

They should offer you a replace of equal or higher quality bat though.
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  00:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an Easton Dealer (as well as most other bats) and can always step in for customers if they get the run around from the mfrs. Even if you did not buy your bat from me call me I can help.
Ronald
Elite Sports East Cobb
678-903-0024
e= ronald@elitesportseastcobb.com
or just click the sponsor link
Go to Top of Page

KoopsDad

73 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  11:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ronald at Elite Sports is the best. As you can see above, he offered his assistance knowing that the bat was not even purchased through him. We talked and within a few hours, Easton is sending out the Omen (that they stated was not available) OVERNIGHT for morning delivery. Guys, if this is the kind of service Ronald offers to those who did not buy from him, imagine what he probably does for his customers. Guys like this deserve our business and he will certainly get a shot at mine in the future. Thanks Ronald!
Go to Top of Page

lottapop

257 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  09:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same problem here!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000