General Discussion
 Prayers Needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  20:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm passing along a request for prayers to a young man, Ben Sparks who was badly injured today.

I am asking for needed prayers for one of our baseball players. Ben Sparks plays on The Rockhounds baseball team. He was playing with his High School team today and got hit in the temple from a batted ball. He has been life flighted to Scottish Rite Hospital. Please keep him in your prayers. Please pass this on to all you know,

Thanks
Mary Teem
Rockhounds Baseball

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  08:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to the hospital Ben was in surgery to relieve the pressure of the blood clot. He has a fractured skull. The next 24-36 hrs are crucial. They will do another CT scan on him tomorrow. He will be in ICU for at least 5 days. They feel Ben will be in the hospital for a few weeks. Please keep praying for him and his family, also the player and family that hit the ball. I will send out updates as I get them. We will be wearing the #5 on our helmets until Ben gets back on his feet.
Thanks for all the prayers so far.

Mary Teem
Rockhounds Baseball
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about this. I saw your team play this weekend and you had a good run on Sunday. Prayers for Ben, his family and his extended baseball family.

Take care,
Go to Top of Page

dblinkh1

39 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  09:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers go out for Ben and also for his teammates who have to deal with such a serious injury to a teammate.
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  09:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be praying for Ben's positive response to the surgery and a full & healthy recovery for #5.
Go to Top of Page

drewmeadows

26 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  09:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen
Go to Top of Page

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  14:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update:
I just talked with Mary Teem. Mary told me that Ben was pitching in the batting cage when he was injured. Please, if you have kids throwing batting practice, make sure the players are wearing a batting helmet. It only take one swing of a bat or one pitch to injury a kid not wearing a batting helmet.

Ben is doing much better today, the ICU Doctor told his parents he couldn't believe how much he has improved. At 1st the DR. said Ben would be in ICU for 5 days and now he thinks it may only be 3 days.

Please keep Ben in your prayers as I know the power of prayer is helping Ben so much.

Edited by - Rick Cosper on 10/05/2010 15:15:52
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  15:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add a prayer for Jessie who was hitting in the cage at the time..i know he could use the support too.
Go to Top of Page

starspapa

2 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  17:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our team will send out lots of prayer for Ben & his family. Thanks for the updates.
Go to Top of Page

Steel-Will

278 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  20:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're praying for Ben and his family.

And thanks for the reminder to wear batting helments. Sometimes we get in a rush and forget. To that end, all safety gear is a must and should be priority in our preparation: cups, padded under-garments with heart, rib, and spine guards.

You're in our prayers Ben.
Go to Top of Page

ztbaseball

20 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  18:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all and thanks for your prayers. Ben is doing great. He was taken off the ventilator on friday and was trying to talk friday night. Ben had a good night friday night. He has been moved to a room, He had lite rehab today (Sunday) and will start heavy rehab tomorrow. Keep up the prayers for Ben and all involved.
Go to Top of Page

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  12:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben was moved to rehab on Saturday morning. He had lite rehab on Sunday, and heavy on Monday. Went down to see Ben Monday night, he is doing Great! While I was at work on Tuesday got a text telling me he will be going home on Friday. Praise the Lord! He still has healing to do, but he is well on his way.
Thanks to all in your support. Keep up the good work.
Mary Teem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000