General Discussion
 Clinic/Tryouts-Kudos to 6-4-3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crackedbats

160 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  07:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went yesterday to watch the 6-4-3 Clinic/tryout for the 17-18u. Just to clarify my son wasnt trying out and isnt part of the 6-4-3 family. I was just going because I had heard it was top notch and wanted to check it out(and because I needed a baseball fix...yikes!). I came away absolutely floored. My son has been through a number of $100 evaluations/clinics. And this was the first one that I felt that was worth the money. I havent seen one that was anywhere close that compared. I was especially amazed in the infielders workout. Each kid touched the ball whether fielding grounders, turning double plays, being a cutoff for the OF drills etc at least 40-50 times. I felt this was the first time in the 7 years I have watched tryouts that the coaches got a good look at every kid. And they filmed them to boot. Also, the intensity level...wow. The coaches inspired the players to perform at their highest ability. I loved the fact that each kid was given multiple chances after a boot. That they were encouraged to get another and another...no matter how many boots or bobbles they may have committed. It was great to watch the coach applaud/hoot and holler when kids making great plays-even after booting one. It wasnt just take your 4-5 grounders and on to the next player.

I would hope that other organizations would take note or go watch this and try to raise their game. Or they may find themselves being left behind. All this just one dad's humble opinion.

Edited by - crackedbats on 08/09/2010 07:21:03

longhornpapa

27 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  08:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracked...

that's the way 6-4-3 operates. Its a wonderful program.

Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  08:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there as well. Only my son was participating. Probably the best run event I have seen. 65 kids, 6 hours and there wasn't much - if any - down time for anyone. I agree with crackedbats assessment. Very well run, very impressive. The talent level was also very good. Coaches will have a tough time making decisions about who should make the team.
Go to Top of Page

longhornpapa

27 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear the 15/16 tryout was even bigger - approx 150 kids there. And, shock and awe ruled the parents at how well everything was run.

When you're good, YOU'RE GOOD!

Edited by - longhornpapa on 08/09/2010 10:56:49
Go to Top of Page

touchemall

145 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  10:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes they do a great job with the older ages.
Go to Top of Page

gafan

66 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  11:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to the 11U clinic (my son also already had a baseball home that we are happy with, but went with a friend who did not) and he had a great time and really liked the coaches. They wanted to offer my son a spot and based on his experience there he would have considered it if it wasn't an hour drive! Great clinic!
Go to Top of Page

HIT IT HARD

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crack,

You said it all. The 6-4-3 tryouts was the most intensive tryout that my son has ever participated in. Excellent instruction for the kids, high energy from the start to finish. This is the way tryouts should be done. Every other baseball organization should take note!
Go to Top of Page

player483

3 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  12:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracked:

Wish we had gone to this one. Can't wait to see who made the 15 yr old team. I heard there was a lot of talent there from many different 14 yr old teams. It sounds like they may bring together talent from all across the Atlanta area.
Go to Top of Page

Steel-Will

278 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  20:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everbody for posting this topic and chiming in.

This is the kind of info we needs as parents and fans.

I'd imagine all their tryouts are done for this year but I'll have to make sure we go next year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000