General Discussion
 June Jam in Acworth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gabulldogs

29 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  10:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to say, that if anyone is thinking of playing in any tournaments at the senior fields in Acworth save your money and play somewhere else. I have played in better run free tournaments with a heck of a lot better field conditions than this for sure.
For $395.00 the least they could do is drag and line the bases after every game. Instead the city pulls up in the morning drags the field lines the bases and gone. That's it for the day. And god forbid a trash can ever get emptied during the day or paper towels get put in the bathrooms. It was disgusting. I know they say that the city is the only ones that can do it, but if that's the case then don't have any tournaments. The first 2 days the outfield grass was ankle high. It finally got cut before the weekend. The infield grass never got touched. Home plate stood 2 inches off the ground and the batters box sat 2 inches in the ground. Second base was horrible. If you slide into it, you slid into a mound before the bag because it was that high above the surface. Both are nothing but leg breakers.My point is. If you are going to charge premium prices for a tournament and you want teams to return make sure you are equipped to run a tournament with descent facilities that is safe for the players and sanitary for the parents. At least take a broom to the dilapidated bleachers instead of expecting people to sit in dirt and sunflower seeds. Hey, I know and don't expect everything to be perfect. But the little things like field condition, cleanliness, and some type of web site to see the rules or where your team stands or what time to play are just the basics of a descent run tournament. I will say that the umpires did a great job this weekend and I was pleased with that, and that was about it. I sure hope the younger age group had a better experience than the 13u teams did. Sorry for the negative post, but I feel that if we don't let people know than they just throw their money down the drain, and with the times the way they are some teams can't afford to be wasting their money on tournaments like this. This money was a good team party for us and end of season trophies. Looking forward to the Battle by the Bridge next weekend with very good facilities to round off the season. Good luck to everyone on the rest of the season.

4pcbaseball

94 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  22:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than the miniature portable mound, the field condition for the 9U tournament was fine. Website updates would have been nice. Games stayed on schedule which is always a positive.
Go to Top of Page

ItsjustLLBBall

119 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  00:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it isn't football, acworth isn't going to do anything for you...Not surprising at all...People that run acworth rec have no clue what they are doing when it comes to baseball. Saw it there years ago when I used to unfortunately be involved there...Pathetic
Go to Top of Page

coachkyle

59 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  18:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We played there as well this past weekend. My observations were largely consistent with gabulldogs, with one exception: He apparently had different umpires than we did. Some were good, but there were 2 that were beyond awful, and unfortunately we were stuck with one of those guys for 3 of our 5 games...perhaps gabulldogs' team managed to avoid those guys . Overall a very disappointing experience. We won't make that mistake again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000