New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  09:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, awesome thread. Can this be pinned somewhere, so I can refer back to it in two years?
Go to Top of Page

stanlewis

545 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  09:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will make sure it stays available.
Go to Top of Page

zwndad

170 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  10:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that they put air conditioning in the rooms. Can anybody confirm? It wasn't there 3 years ago when we went.
Go to Top of Page

gabulldogs

29 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  12:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were not there last year so unless they put them in after that. It would be a great idea in my opinion to put them in. It gets darn warm in those buildings during the heat of the day.
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  13:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by in_the_know

Southside,

The boys get a red and blue jersey. Numbers range between 1 & 15. Up to the coach on how to hand them out. We lined the boys up smallest to tallest and the smallest got #1 on up. They tend to oversize, so there were no problems. you bring your own pants (plain white), belt, jock/cup. They provide socks too. Each kid gets a rubbermaid type of chest with a lid that can lock (you have to bring your own lock).

They do update games and standings as each game completes, so you can always see where you stack up.

Is the pool game schedule available on line? If so, do they keep it up to date with weather delays?
Go to Top of Page

gabulldogs

29 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  14:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did update everything on their website. They actually do a great job of keeping everyone abreast of any changes due to weather. I will tell you, that they do everything they can to get games in, even if they go late at night as to not disrupt their schedule so you may have to wait awhile during a rain delay to get it in, but they will get it in somehow.
Go to Top of Page

bambino_dad

119 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  14:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try DiMaggio's Hot Dog stand across the street from the park. Just the best Texas chilidogs and Chicago dogs. Huge portions, friendly service.
Go to Top of Page

mrbama31

252 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  15:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We met there as a team b4 checking in. Players were already trading pins.

quote:
Originally posted by bambino_dad

Try DiMaggio's Hot Dog stand across the street from the park. Just the best Texas chilidogs and Chicago dogs. Huge portions, friendly service.

Go to Top of Page

mrbama31

252 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  15:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gabulldogs

They did update everything on their website. They actually do a great job of keeping everyone abreast of any changes due to weather. I will tell you, that they do everything they can to get games in, even if they go late at night as to not disrupt their schedule so you may have to wait awhile during a rain delay to get it in, but they will get it in somehow.

We finished our last pool game at 245am...makes me tired just thinking about it.
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  20:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrbama31

We met there as a team b4 checking in. Players were already trading pins.

Do most teams arrive together or as they get to town?
Go to Top of Page

bluecup

49 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  21:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did most people on your teams drive or fly?
Go to Top of Page

DoubleD

33 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  21:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our second bracket game ended at 1:30am and had two rain delays.
Water standing everywhere, ground balls kicking up rooster tails, it was wild but the boys LOVED IT!

Go to Top of Page

Seam Splitter

48 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  22:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we have the same house rented only a couple of miles from the park. PM me and I'll shoot you my number if you want to talk on the phone.

quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

_Seam Splitter, Are you going this year at 10U?

Go to Top of Page

Seam Splitter

48 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  22:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year we were playing at 3 AM (yes as in the morning) due to rain & fog. They will play come hell or high water as they have to get the games in so as to not get behind at the beginning of the next day. Make sure you take raingear & plenty of warm clothes. Long pants & sweatshirts are the norm in the early mornings & late evenings.

quote:
Originally posted by gabulldogs

Go to Top of Page

Seam Splitter

48 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  22:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DecaturDad

Anyone know if they have handicap parking, or any way for someone with limited modility to get to the feilds? Grandma would like to come, but cn't walk more then a few hundred feet.

Yes the staff has golf carts & will shuttle the handicap around as some of the fields are a LONG walk.
Go to Top of Page

gabulldogs

29 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  08:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Decatur. We all met at the town grocery store at a certain time(as did a lot of other teams) and we got in line together at the fields. Now understand that when you go through the gates they line you up in rows of about 15 at around 15 cars to a row and they send in each row at a time so you may end up in different rows and go in at different times, but it all seems to work out. I was first at the gate from our group and one of the last one to the barracks if that tells you anything. You can wait till early evening when the crowds die down and go right through. Everyone gets there early to get in and causes the traffic jam. It is fun to video and good time for kids to start trading pins. Still brings chills back at how unbelievable this place is and the beauty around this ball field. Wish I was going again this year.(but as a parent, not a coach) so I could take it all in. Fun as a coach, but a lot of work. Have a great time to all that is going.
Go to Top of Page

00mom

5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  05:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can any of you recommend places to eat while in Cooperstown? My son is umping there this week and we will be going later in June with out 12 year old. Just looking for good family meals, nothing fancy or overly expensive. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

DecaturDad

619 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  09:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is another great thread on here that lists some places to eat and lots of other stuff:

http://www.nwgabaseball.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6064
Go to Top of Page

tuckersbo

25 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  09:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 00mom

Can any of you recommend places to eat while in Cooperstown? My son is umping there this week and we will be going later in June with out 12 year old. Just looking for good family meals, nothing fancy or overly expensive. Thanks!

Near CDP: surprisingly enough, the Pizza Hut has a good buffet. Mike (the head helper @ CDP) can tell you a really good place to go (it was near the Pizza Hut); his wife is the manager. When you come into downtown Cooperstown and turn right on to the "main road": there's a place on your left (sort of looks like a drug store to me--when you go in there's "gifts" on your right & a counter in front with their menu). They give you a lot of food for your money & it was good.

No "good family-style meals" we Southerners are used to & everything is overly expensive....it's worth the cost just for the memories though.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000