General Discussion
 East Cobb Tournament Information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chin Music

16 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  14:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone other than me think it strange that you cannot find the game scores for most of the USSSA tournaments hosted at East Cobb? Now before everyone starts jumping down my throat I want to make it clear that I am fully aware of the large number of tournaments that are played as East Cobb and the various age groups and that each one is managed independently of East Cobb Baseball. It does not, however, explain why the hosting teams affiliated with East Cobb cannot put up a link to an alternative website where they can maintain information regarding pool and bracket play. Triple Crown and other organization seem to have figured this out and do it quite well.

On a positive note, I really like the new website design, even though the only bit of useful tournament information I am able to find is the game schedule, weather related updates, and a generic link to the USSSA website. With that said, can someone please tell me what the point is of including a hyperlink that doesn't even go directly to the USSSA tournament listing? Having to manually search for the USSSA tournament is a pain and doesn’t always produce the desired results.

While I'm on the subject, I also find it strange that you cannot see who has signed up for a tournament until the schedule is actually released on the website or sent out to the coaches. Why hide this information from the baseball community? What purpose does it serve?

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  15:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the usssa office said this week that seeding for tournament last week was not based on points but that in the future it will be
Go to Top of Page

tae281

447 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  16:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the tournaments at East Cobb are hosted by one of their teams and it's usually the host team's responsibility to list the teams entered, schedule bracket games and provide a means to update everything as the tournament progresses. That's why each tournament can have a different feel to it in terms of how it's organized and run.

Go to Top of Page

ecbstix

115 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  16:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the 12U Astro Invitational tournament, go to the 12U East Cobb Astros website, which can be reached from the East Cobb main webpage.

Edited by - ecbstix on 04/30/2010 16:19:10
Go to Top of Page

SpeedKills

106 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  08:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.usssa.com/SPORTS/Tournament3.asp?TournamentID=648468

makes it easy for those that can't find this info o n their own..
Go to Top of Page

WC_Dad

3 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  10:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chin,
I share your frustrations with the lack of information sharing that was experienced last weekend. I don't understand it either. Amazingly enough, you still can't find the 13U results posted anywhere, including USSSA.

Keeping with your example of adding a positive to the post...
The umps were the best I've seen all season.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000