General Discussion
 Stealth Speed XL Composite Bat? 10U/ 11U
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pheasantman643

8 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  10:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. I am needing some info about the Easton Stealth XL Bats for a 10U/ 11U player? Has anyone used one or have any experiance with them? They sound and look like the ball comes off the bat very, very hot from the few I have seen use them this weekend. Internet reviews among personal conversations this weekend speak of great things from this bat, but I would like to hear from others since this might be a potential "Sleeper Hit" bat this year. I noticed this weekend the XL does not have the flat dull sounds like the Easton Stealth Metal/ Composites or Combats my son has swung in the past. I did a quick bounce test in store (After I finally found one) and it feels just about like the whole barrel is a sweet spot and the baseball feels like a tennis ball bouncing off of it? Is this a Doublewall Bat? It seems much better with a 3X larger sweet spot than my sons Combat. Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by - pheasantman643 on 03/25/2010 10:58:38

prestont

197 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  11:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if I can help with a review of the Stealth bats, but have found a baseball bat reviews forum that can be very helpful. Lots of folks like you and I chiming in with feedback on bats that their kids are using so you can get additional input prior to making a purchase.

Hope this helps!

http://www.baseball-bats.net/forums/
Go to Top of Page

Scott0923

49 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  11:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-10 Combat is better....hands down!
Go to Top of Page

G-Man

326 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  14:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pheasantman643

Scott. Any experiance with the Stealth XL? And to note I am not talking about the regular Stealth bats. I am not impressed with them. This is the New bat from Easton with a much longer barrel that I am speaking of.

Prestont. Thanks for the link. I checked it out and the reviews of the bat seem to be legit. Might be making a run at lunch to get one.

http://www.eastonbaseball.com/equipment/bats/youth/stealth-speed-xl/

Just got my son the Combat B3 yesterday for league ball. This bat out of the wrapper has some major pop to it. So if its a 2 1/4 barrel bat you are looking for I would go with the B3.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  23:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Stealth XL just has a softball bat like barrel. Louisville Slugger did that several years ago with the Catalyst bats. The Combats have long barrels too. It is impossible to really compare unless you compare them side by side. I bought the Catalyst years ago because they had the biggest barrel at the time.

The rumor was that the new Combat B3 may not be as hot out of the wrapper and would take longer to break-in. The B2's were very hot but didn't seem to last long. So the B3 was rumored to be made either as a more durable bat or made to meet new testing standards because the B2 was too hot. Of course it maybe just the latest model.

They are rolling all the composite bats now before testing them. The findings led to some bat manufactures toning down their bats and the composite bats being banned in college. Easton now is the first to come out with a new composite bat that was approved for college for 2011. Supposedly the new Easton Composite for college won't improve after any break-in.

Please compare your new Easton Stealth XL with the Combat B1/B2/B3 and report back your findings and viewpoints.
Go to Top of Page

G-Man

326 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  00:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pheasantman643

Picked up the Stealth XL. After a little BP with the son, I can tell you this bat is pure fire without a doubt in my mind. My son has owned all kinds of hot bats, but this one seems to have a little bit more mustard on it. I will give a little more detailed report in a couple weeks after some extended use.

My son has this bat plus the B3 which was bought the other day and based on my observations the B3 has more pop and seems to be more balanced.
Go to Top of Page

GoCubs

6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2010 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 6 boys on our 11U that can hit home runs. Three of the boys use the Stealth XL, one uses a 5150 aluminum, one uses a 5150 composite and the last boy uses a Demarini Voodoo. Two or three of the boys would hit the ball out using any bat. Although I let my son swing the Stealth XL during games, I make him work out with a -5 bat during the week. I do this trying to get him ready for the next level. I have heard from coaches that using the so called "cheater bats" all the time will make the kid look good on game day but will not prepare him for High School. I welcome any response. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

pcc

28 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  11:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say use the -10 while you can. The boys muscles haven't really started developing like they will 13+. So enjoy the -10 and -9 while they are young and worry about the -5 when you get there. Most of the kids that can hit great with a -10 aren't going to have a lot of trouble hitting with a -5 once they get some reps with it. There are so many fundamental things you have to do to learn how to hit a baseball that if you learn those things well, I don't think a few ounces will affect you that much after a few months of repetition with a drop 5. Also, have you seen how much most boys grow from 10 or 11 until they are 13? Its crazy how big some of those 13 year olds are. They need to be swinging -5's. They would kill someone otherwise. LOL. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000