Christmas gift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  15:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coaches and Parents,

Our family would like to reach out to 2 deserving baseball players this holiday season and provide them with a new bat, glove or other baseball related item. In particular, we are searching for kids that would be in a tough financial position for whatever reason but their families are committed to keep them in travel ball this coming year. Ideally, we would like to reward kids that represent all that this great game has to offer - sportsmanship, attitude, effort, etc.

If you know of someone on your team that fits the bill, please contact me through my email address and tell me about them.

Thanks for help.

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  17:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim what a great idea and oh how I wish I could help with this special gift for the game that I so love. What a great Family you have, to do for others in a world filled with so much hate and jealousy. Thanks for being the person you are. You and your family make the world a better place.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10bb, thanks for the kind words. My family is blessed in so many ways and we hope to share our blessings with some children who truly deserve a small break.
Go to Top of Page

KMball

54 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  13:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great idea. I suggest you reach out to C.J. Stewart and his LEADS organization. Its a great local non-profit that helps kids in the innner city realize their potential in competitive baseball.

http://www.lead2legacy.org/start.html

Go to Top of Page

baseballbrad

71 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  09:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. C.J. is a class act and is doing a great job teaching kids life thru the game of baseball.

quote:
Originally posted by KMball

What a great idea. I suggest you reach out to C.J. Stewart and his LEADS organization. Its a great local non-profit that helps kids in the innner city realize their potential in competitive baseball.

http://www.lead2legacy.org/start.html

Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  11:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found 2 kids that we will be helping. Also, Rick Cosper has donated a couple of BP bats that we will be giving to their teams. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Go to Top of Page

sward

369 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  22:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bandit13,

I may have something for you also...please email me or call ...georgiaselect@gmail.com, 404-457-7887.

quote:
Originally posted by Bandit13

I've found 2 kids that we will be helping. Also, Rick Cosper has donated a couple of BP bats that we will be giving to their teams. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Go to Top of Page

2 sons

88 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  09:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bandit 13,

Superior Baseball Events has some items that we would to give as well. Please contact us at superiorbaseballevents@comcast.net . Thank You for what you are doing !!!
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  10:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been given a couple of Mizuno gloves by a local TD here in Atlanta. They are both 11.5" infielder's gloves. Coaches, if you can think of one of your players that could use one, please let me know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000