New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  13:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you guys please weigh in on your experiences and recommendations for bat bags? Please tell me the Mfr and models if you can.

Thanks

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  14:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What type of bags are you looking for? Player bag or catcher's bag? Wheels or no wheels? backpack?

Or are you just wanting pro's and con's for whichever ones's people have opinions about?

The only Rawlings bag I can recommend would be the Workhorse catcher's bag. Stay away from the Player Preferred Bag as we had lots of problems with the zippers breaking and the narrow wheelbase.

If you are going to buy a bag with wheels, I must strongly recommend making sure the wheel base is wide. A narrow base, when using wheels, ends up swaying and flipping over too much, which causes holes to wear in the bag. My son went through 3 bags in one season.

Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  15:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely with wheels and one that holds up well. Last I heard, we are going to be playing almost every weekend !!
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  15:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with wheels vs no-wheels. As long as a kid has wheels on his bag, he has no excuse for his parents to carry the bag for him.
Go to Top of Page

KoopsDad

73 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  16:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mizuno makes a nice bag but had problems with their bags in 2009. We sent ours back to Mizuno after only a few weeks because the bag was dragging between the two wheels in such a way that it immediately tore open and would no longer hold the bats. Mizuno says it was a flaw in the design, asked for a return, and credited me through my sporting goods dealer. Can't beat that. My point? When you decide, make sure before you buy that you can roll the bag without it dragging anywhere. They do not hold up long to concrete. If this "flaw" is corrected as reported, I recommend the Mizuno Pro Wheeled bag. http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.nsf/1/10dia1-bgs/360141?opendocument&div=baseball/softball&cat=10dia1-bgs
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  16:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Younger ages, my boys like(d) the backpack models. Purchased a Mizuno catcher bag last year for my middle son and was expecting two years, but the bat pocket on the side has a huge hole from dragging on the ground. If he wants to continue at catcher I will look at the Gear Guard next. My older son likes the Mizuno 360104 Organizer Wheel Bag.
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, me, the sporting goods store owner again. We have several brands of wheeled bags in stock. If you are looking for a bag that holds catchers gear and everything I would have one recommendation or if it is for a regular position player I would have another. Budget also has to be a factor along with if you are all getting just any bag or is there going to be one bag that everyone on the team uses.

Please call me at the store anytime if you have any questions on equipment.

Elite Sports East Cobb
Ronald Brooks= 678-903-0024
Go to Top of Page

stevebrewster

26 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ESEC2100 and others--- Which wheeled bat bag would would recommend for position players?
Go to Top of Page

AllStar

762 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  07:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alter-Ego

I agree with wheels vs no-wheels. As long as a kid has wheels on his bag, he has no excuse for his parents to carry the bag for him.

Unless he is injured, there is never an excuse for a player's parents to carry his bag for him. The first things my boys learned after, "You better always take care of your mom," was, "A ballplayer carries his own bag."

It looks terrible to see daddy or mommy carrying a player's bag and, as far as I can tell, it doesn't stop at 8 or 9.
Go to Top of Page

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  09:55:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best Bag going NO ERROR, great hangers, plenty of room and best of all fat boy rubber wheels. You will not find a better, stronger or more spacious bag
Go to Top of Page

silvercityjon

56 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  15:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just bought the players the Mizuno Organizer G2 Batpacks and they love them, lots of room. I carry all the catchers gear, balls, etc. in the Mizuno Wheeled Equipment Bag and have had no problems with it.
Go to Top of Page

BROOKSTEAM

145 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  23:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most Economical= East Wheeled Synergy approx $65 retail, but not the best wheels. I would try to find one with "monster wheels" If you can email me direct with a budget I will give you a few to look at.
ronald@elitesportseastcobb.com
or call 678-903-0024

quote:
Originally posted by stevebrewster

ESEC2100 and others--- Which wheeled bat bag would would recommend for position players?

Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  09:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One point with backpacks, don't get the ones where the bat handles stick out down below the bag. Every time the sit the bag down, which happens a lot, the bats pop up out of the top. You can't sit them down on the bottom because of this. The ones where the bats go in barrel first, with the handle sticking up, seem to work better when sitting them down on the ground. Just a peeve I experienced with the one my son had a couple years ago.
Go to Top of Page

silvercityjon

56 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  14:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point about the Backpacks....You will not have that problem with the Mizuno Organizer G2....Great backpacks, plenty of storage.
Go to Top of Page

kingofthehill

40 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  07:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Errors bag is the way to go. Plenty of room, great quality, a little pricy but I would rather buy one bag a year than two. The catchers bag is huge. If one wanted to sneek Papa into a tourney they could stuff him in one of those things. My son likes the cool designs and colors.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  18:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the boombah beast bags. They have huge wheels and come in many colors. They are almost too big, but I don't think big enough for catchers gear.

Here is their link:
www.boombah.com
Go to Top of Page

ronicard

117 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  14:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silvercityjon

We just bought the players the Mizuno Organizer G2 Batpacks and they love them, lots of room. I carry all the catchers gear, balls, etc. in the Mizuno Wheeled Equipment Bag and have had no problems with it.

My team uses the Mizuno Organizer bags as well and we love them. They have discontinued the Organizer though. The new (and improved...and thus, more expensive) replacement to the Organizer is called the Pro. The Vapor is close to it from a price standpoint, but it doesn't have the built-in cooler or anywhere near the # of compartments that the Organizer has.
Go to Top of Page

LeftyBat

160 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  21:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AllStar

quote:

Unless he is injured, there is never an excuse for a player's parents to carry his bag for him. The first things my boys learned after, "You better always take care of your mom," was, "A ballplayer carries his own bag."

It looks terrible to see daddy or mommy carrying a player's bag and, as far as I can tell, it doesn't stop at 8 or 9.

There are certain days I am proud to carry my sons bag for him at the end of the day when he has left it all on the field and played with honor, courage and heart. He has earned it.

Edited by - LeftyBat on 11/16/2009 22:16:26
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ECBLefty

quote:
Originally posted by AllStar

quote:

There are certain days I am proud to carry my sons bag for him at the end of the day when he has left it all on the field and played with honor, courage and heart. He has earned it.

Amen Lefty !
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  12:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just happened to be looking on another site and they had this bag rated #2 behind boombah. But it appears to be more in the league of the expensive No Error bags. Looks fantastic it is called the Tanel 360 bag and goes for around ~$120.

http://www.tanel360.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=379&gclid=CN3IzYy2rp8CFRednAodt0SA1Q
Go to Top of Page

lottapop

257 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  18:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking bag. I may just get that one.
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  20:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a lot less money go with the Wilson "Pudge". It is amazing how much this bag holds and Better Baseball has it for $79.99. My son had a Mizuno catcher bag last year and the side has ripped out because of dragging. The Wilson is designed with a solid back that rolls around to the front on the bottom. The wheels are larger. It will hold twice as much as the Mizuno. Instead of arranging the gear just so you can get the bag zipped up, there is plenty of space for even more equipment.

Edited by - 3sondad on 01/24/2010 14:02:16
Go to Top of Page

6bomber

68 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  13:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we started with tpx locker bags at 8u and 9u.
10u we tried academa product didn't last bad design.
last year switched to boombah and still looks good. good colors and stronger
wheel base than most.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  16:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bandits went with the Gear Guard No Errors Bag and it looks great. I wish the the site for the other bag had been posted sooner as I would have liked to at least compared between the two but we had already purchased the No Error. I will let you know how the No Error Bag holds up as they could be no better test than the Bandits. The Bandits could tear up a steel ball with a rubber mallet.
Go to Top of Page

Whitlow

211 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  20:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 6bomber

we started with tpx locker bags at 8u and 9u.
10u we tried academa product didn't last bad design.
last year switched to boombah and still looks good. good colors and stronger
wheel base than most.

Yea I like the boombah bag myself. They seem to have more colors than anyone. My son has had it a few years now. The only issue is my son has worn a small hole in the canvas where the helmet goes dragging it over curbs. The wheels are huge like the tanel, but not as wide as the No Error fat boy wheels. The bag is very big and long probably more than most kids need, but for catchers gear you need an even bigger bag.

I first saw the boombah bags being used by teams at Buford City Park. The teams seem to use it a lot over there. When I compared to the Mizuno Organizer I thought the boombah was better for about the same price.
Go to Top of Page

BBmaniac

24 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  20:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year there was no wheeled bag better than the Mizuno organizer...and the vintage pro from mizuno has been the best non-wheeled bag.....zippers and hooks are heavy duty on both....With a little shopping you can still find the organizer on line.....$75/each is achieveable and well worth the price. If mizuno has come out with a bag better, then by all means it has to be top of the line too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000